These aren't your father's Billikens!

As for your father's billikens, I'm old enough to be a granddad Billiken and am just hoping all us elderly Bills fans can stand the excitement. Congrats to RM and the team, and a big rub o' the Billiken's belly to Conk. You da' man, Conk! MVP. What a great 4 days to be a Bills fan.

LOL! No one predicted 6-0, Top 25 ranking, and BC being our best player....but, I'll take it Backhand.

Since this site is exploding and I can barely load anything, I can't go back and find it, but I'm pretty sure I said we would be undefeated (for the whole season, which includes being 6-0 at this point). Still on the right path to do it!

Two years ago...######, even last year, I would have NEVER even considered that the phrase "<insert team here> is desperately trying to find an answer for Brian Conklin" would be uttered by an announcer...on national television no less...

Two years ago...######, even last year, I would have NEVER even considered that the phrase "<insert team here> is desperately trying to find an answer for Brian Conklin" would be uttered by an announcer...on national television no less...

That is amazing. Wouldn't have thought it possible.

actually, it was thanksgiving weekend two years ago when BC made a fool of Notre Dame's all-american Harangody in Chicago. Easy to forget Conk was playing injured for a while between then and now

Agreed...but he also took a ###### or two...Portland comes to mind...

He is our MVP so far this season...This is what actual Beast Mode looks like...

Who are these guys?! Beating four consecutive BCS teams all by double digits! Scoring 83 points!!! Deep, athletic, tenacious on defense! But who'da thunk they'd be an offensive powerhouse?!

WOW

I have been watching the Bills for over 40 years and this 6 game stretch--against very good competition-- is the best combination of suffocating defense and excellent offense and shooting that I have ever seen from a Billiken team. I am in shock!

It is absolutely amazing how difficult it is for these good teams to score on our half court set defense. They have to make a heroic shot or get an offensive rebound but the first shot is always highly contested and many of the passes are tipped or forced out of the pattern. On offense, we look so good it is like a miracle. I predicted before the season started that this could be one of the best shooting teams ever for the Bills if Ellis could return to form and Loe could hit some 3s. Ellis looks like a different player on both ends. Loe is playing tougher and Conklin is like an old time NBA low post player who is clever and just finds a way to score against much bigger players. I really feared a letdown tonight but the team was great. Go Bills!

As for your father's billikens, I'm old enough to be a granddad Billiken and am just hoping all us elderly Bills fans can stand the excitement. Congrats to RM and the team, and a big rub o' the Billiken's belly to Conk. You da' man, Conk! MVP. What a great 4 days to be a Bills fan.

I'm in the elderly boat with with you, slu72, and it's sure great that a speedboat is pulling us for a ride now. It's been a long time since the Bills were this exciting. One more win in la-la land !

Who are these guys?! Beating four consecutive BCS teams all by double digits! Scoring 83 points!!! Deep, athletic, tenacious on defense! But who'da thunk they'd be an offensive powerhouse?!

WOW

Absurd, when i read your headline for this thread, i thought two things:

1) they most definitely are not my father's billikens

2) how proud he would be of this team. my father was a season ticket holder from 1953 until he passed away just a couple years ago (mom still has them.) he was around to see the new building and coach -- but not this. bursting with pride would be an understatement. the days of ed macauley were a long, long time ago.

regardless of how this season turns out, these are his kind of billikens.

I hope I don't jinx us but I followed the Bills since the mid-60s. Remember the Harry Rogers team of the early 70s, those NIT Final teams, the Rainbow Team of Claggett and Highmark, Hughes one year but this team is really special. They played some pretty good competition and they just seem to find a weakness, exploit it and win by double figures. I am coming out early, this is the best and strongest Billiken team in my tenure of watching. Baring an injury or an incident, they will do something very special come March. GO BILLS!

Al, sure wish you hadn't brought up the I word. But I'm in agreement with you all the way. This is the best looking outfit I've seen and we've bot been Bills fans since the 60s when you had to pay people to go the Arena. What's great about this team is when RM brings in the bench players. You get a sense of, here comes the whup a** crew with fresh legs. I'd like to know if there's any team in the country that's getting more of a contribution from their bench than the Bills. I thought OK played us the toughest of anyone we've faced so far. Their guards were strong on the ball just across the time line, but it didn't matter. A few more TO's than we've averaged, but they never were able to go on a run by forcing a lot of them, which I'm sure was part of Kruger's game plan. And if Brian Conklin's play isn't bringing a huge Billiken smile to your face, then check your pulse. And for once, I really like our Billiken logo with the smile and the wink. It's like he's saying, you ain't seen nothing yet. These kids are inspired and want to make this year special. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves as there's a lot of games left, but after the last 4 days it's hard to keep the enthusiasm in the bottle. Go Bills! Make it Happen!

actually, it was thanksgiving weekend two years ago when BC made a fool of Notre Dame's all-american Harangody in Chicago. Easy to forget Conk was playing injured for a while between then and now

Agreed. Conklin has taken his share of heat on this board, but I don't think people realized how injured he was his sophomore season. The kid is tough and played hurt. I think he actually played quite well last year, but it got overlooked because he was playing on a bad team. Now he has improved another level and is playing with a better supporting cast this year, which really helps.

my father was a season ticket holder from 1953 until he passed away just a couple years ago (mom still has them.) he was around to see the new building and coach -- but not this. bursting with pride would be an understatement.

That's awesome.

I'm also very excited for the students. I was a freshman the last time the Bills were ranked, and there was so much excitement on campus back then.

Al, sure wish you hadn't brought up the I word. But I'm in agreement with you all the way. This is the best looking outfit I've seen and we've bot been Bills fans since the 60s when you had to pay people to go the Arena. What's great about this team is when RM brings in the bench players. You get a sense of, here comes the whup a** crew with fresh legs. I'd like to know if there's any team in the country that's getting more of a contribution from their bench than the Bills. I thought OK played us the toughest of anyone we've faced so far. Their guards were strong on the ball just across the time line, but it didn't matter. A few more TO's than we've averaged, but they never were able to go on a run by forcing a lot of them, which I'm sure was part of Kruger's game plan. And if Brian Conklin's play isn't bringing a huge Billiken smile to your face, then check your pulse. And for once, I really like our Billiken logo with the smile and the wink. It's like he's saying, you ain't seen nothing yet. These kids are inspired and want to make this year special. Don't want to get ahead of ourselves as there's a lot of games left, but after the last 4 days it's hard to keep the enthusiasm in the bottle. Go Bills! Make it Happen!

Larry, the beauty of this every game someone else contributes. I can see this team playing at this level 2 or 3 more years with our outstanding player development. Lord knows, the level of recruiting going take a major upgrade to sustain it further. You and I been waiting for this for along time. Go Get Them Bills!

Larry, the beauty of this every game someone else contributes. I can see this team playing at this level 2 or 3 more years with our outstanding player development. Lord knows, the level of recruiting going take a major upgrade to sustain it further. You and I been waiting for this for along time. Go Get Them Bills!

-tarheel and others outside stl, i am very happy you folks got to watch the Bills on the espn family of networks, with the modest tv package locally and it being less for out of towners i hope all of you enjoyed those games as much as i did!!!

-bay area, waiting on your report from being at the games

-our recruiting will not take a major upgrade as porter is gone and Rick and staff are lazy...we have no hope! :P;)

-tarheel and others outside stl, i am very happy you folks got to watch the Bills on the espn family of networks, with the modest tv package locally and it being less for out of towners i hope all of you enjoyed those games as much as i did!!!

-bay area, waiting on your report from being at the games

-our recruiting will not take a major upgrade as porter is gone and Rick and staff are lazy...we have no hope! :P;)

Thanks Cowboy. It was really nice treat to catch 4 Bills game in a week. I don't ever remember having that many in a short period.

I do have the Directv Sports package which I sign up with every November and let it go around the end of March. So I will get some games televised on Fox MW Sports. Wish they had more like they had back in the 90s. Also, i will catch the Bills in person in Charlotte. Wish we would drop Duquesne as our home and home with Charlotte like we had in the old CUSA days.

I envy you guys catching the Chaifetz games. Enjoy the season! And, Go Bills!