SLU's Brad Davis

courtside

SLU's Brad Davis has finished 2nd in the MLS MVP voting behind Dwayne De Rosario and ahead of Brek Shea, Landon Donovan, and Mauro Rosales. After, a great regular season, and a great playoff, he was injured during the semifinal and he will not play in the championship game this weekend for Houston.

Too bad he never panned out for the US Nats. Injuries and pissing off the US Nat coaches a few years ago kept him from being a consistent player for the US. And we certainly could have used that gifted servicing ability on free kicks and from the flanks.

But congrats to him for a great season and a good MLS career.

Too bad he never panned out for the US Nats. Injuries and pissing off the US Nat coaches a few years ago kept him from being a consistent player for the US. And we certainly could have used that gifted servicing ability on free kicks and from the flanks.

But congrats to him for a great season and a good MLS career.

+1, and it's not just my SLU/Chaminade bias. He deserved more of a chance. I hate the politics involved (hopefully not as bad anymore) with the USMNT. I can't think of any better USMNT players in the past decade who were better passers or better at set pieces. Seems like every time I've watched him, and at every level, he's dictating his team's flow and strategy. Of course, I don't know nearly as much about soccer as a few other posters here, but that always struck me about his game.