SIUC loses to D-2 Ohio Dominican

Hadn't paid any attention to what was expected of SIU for this season (even though I'm in school down here in Carbondale), but just checked to see how their game went tonight. Apparently the Salukis lost tonight to Ohio Dominican, a team in their second season in Division 2 who went 6-20 last year.

I've seen too many bad early season road losses by the Billikens over the years, but this could be really bad if we don't win on Tuesday.

Things have got ugly fast in Methdale. They started recruiting risky players that had extra stars after their names instead of recruiting the type of players that brought them to the level of success they enjoyed. The players they took a shot on ended up in legal trouble, unable to deal with the coach, or unable to stay eligible.

Things have got ugly fast in Methdale. They started recruiting risky players that had extra stars after their names instead of recruiting the type of players that brought them to the level of success they enjoyed. They players they took a shot on ended up in legal trouble, unable to deal with the coach, or unable to stay eligible.

That's basically it to a T. Bruce Weber and Matt Painter built that program on scrappy players that got looked over by SLU, Mizzou, and Illinois. A lot of those players panned out and made us look silly. By the time Lowery inherited the program when Painter went to Purdue, the program was at about it's highest level. Lowery kept things going for a few years with the existing players, but then he used the program's success to sign some higher ranked recruits, but those kids ended up not working out and it's just gone down hill ever since.

Regular season game, so it counts in their record, but thankfully not against the team RPI.

Thanks.

I don't believe games against D2 opponents count in the RPI formula.

I wasn't coming at it from the standpoint of if it counts toward the RPI. As we can see with the Billikens, some teams may play with a little less urgency in an exhibition than they would in games which count. If the Ohio Dominican game were just an exhibition, I would disregard the loss when forming my expectation of how SLU should do against them, but since it was a regular season game, my expectation is that the Salukis are just horrible and SLU should beat them — and that's pretty much what I'd thought prior to the season's start.

I was watching the score on my phone and assumed it was old dominion. Wow, that is a horrible loss.

Tuesday just went from a should win to a must win.

Kshoe, every games a must win this season. But this one should be reclassified as a double secret must win now.

-link to article in m'dale paper, confusion on the score at the end of the game but no quote from lowery about it...http://thesouthern.com/sports/college/salukimania/ohio-dominican-stuns-siu/article_0e92cce4-0db8-11e1-b4ab-001cc4c03286.html

-get this win Bills

-i did not realize they have had 3 losing seasons in succession, let's add to it

-link to article in m'dale paper, confusion on the score at the end of the game but no quote from lowery about it...http://thesouthern.c...1cc4c03286.html

-get this win Bills

-i did not realize they have had 3 losing seasons in succession, let's add to it

Clarification - "3 losing seasons in succession" is a little off. They've had three straight non-winning seasons, going 15-15 in '09-'10.

Kshoe, every games a must win this season. But this one should be reclassified as a double secret must win now.

Nothing would be more fun than pounding SIU on their home court with a few hundred SLU fans in attendance.

Lowery has to be close to being fired. He's lost control of that program.

Speaking of D2 teams, I see that Evansville beat the UI-S Prairie Stars 74-61 in exhibition play last week. UI-S battled them for a good bit of the game. Evansville beat Butler yesterday 80-77 in OT. Watching the highlights of that game, Butler was screwed by the refs big time.

They will be up for this game and the Billikens will beat them down. I want no mercy. Sweep the leg.

SLU needs to get up early and keep our foot on their throat. This needs to be a beat down for the ages a beat down that we can talk sh*t about for years to come. SLU needs that I need that.

Nothing would be more fun than pounding SIU on their home court with a few hundred SLU fans in attendance.

Lowery has to be close to being fired. He's lost control of that program.

Everyone at SIU wants him gone but the administration isn't willing to pay for the remaining time on his contract. So he'll probably be there until the contract runs up.

Speaking of D2 teams, I see that Evansville beat the UI-S Prairie Stars 74-61 in exhibition play last week. UI-S battled them for a good bit of the game. Evansville beat Butler yesterday 80-77 in OT. Watching the highlights of that game, Butler was screwed by the refs big time.

Clarification - "3 losing seasons in succession" is a little off. They've had three straight non-winning seasons, going 15-15 in '09-'10.

-thanks for correcting

-i hope we get out of there with a W

Full on meltdown in Methdale.

Laughed particularly hard at this qoute from SalukiTalk

"2) Saint Louis is going to crush us. The Billikens aren't messing around, either ... they are already in Carbondale. Cassity is probably showing his teammates where he walked on water."

They also apparently don't think we are very good. A few may off themselves if we beat them by 20 or more.

Full on meltdown in Methdale.

Laughed particularly hard at this qoute from SalukiTalk

"2) Saint Louis is going to crush us. The Billikens aren't messing around, either ... they are already in Carbondale. Cassity is probably showing his teammates where he walked on water."

They also apparently don't think we are very good. A few may off themselves if we beat them by 20 or more.

Yeah, I read some of the board earlier today to see how they reacted to the D-2 loss. It might be a full on suicide watch there if SLU crushes them by a large margin and Lowery still has a job throughout this season.

SLU 74

SIUC 48

KM and DE bounce back. Both score 15+.

Hoping for so many saluki fans to leave early that there are more SLU fans there by the end of the game.

-i expect there will be at least 3 siu 'fans' there for the length of the game...the ones on the court wearing striped shirts

i have been to methville 4x to watch this game and have never seen a game yet where it wasnt 8 on 5. considering lowery teaches the finer art of rugby and street fighting and calls it basketball, i expect the game to be ugly and definitely not a blowout. i just want everyone to come back in one piece.