"Easy" Ed Macauley - Rest In Peace

Stan Verrett (sic) on SportsCenter Los Angeles did a nice blurb on him on this morning's telecast. I had no idea his number was retired by the Celtics! That's incredible.

The Fetz needs an Easy Ed statue.

Harry Weber had sculpted a maquette a while ago. Do not know what happened to it, but it is long overdue.

"ED MACAULEY" (18" CLAY MAQUETTE OF ST. LOUIS UNVERSITY BASKETBALL HALL OF FAMER "EASY ED" MACAULEY AT ABOUT TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE. MAQUETTE SHOWS MACAULEY SHOOTING A JUMP SHOT AS THE DEFENDER ATTEMPTS TO BLOCK THE SHOT"

Posted Image

Easy Ed was an outstanding player in his day and a fine gentleman, a credit to the SLU community.

SLU should have honored and recognized him more than they chose to do. He deserved it.

A statue would be perfect to honor the legend, the symbol of SLU basketball.

I'm hoping for more than just a moment of silence for Ed on Friday night, but I'm not sure what else we could do.

A statue would be great.

It would also be cool if they could re-name the court after Ed, but Centene already owns that right so I don't know if that could work.