Kenny Freeze

While he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire at X, Kenny Freeze got off with a slap on the wrist while Kwamain and Willie got the ultimate punishment. February 28, 2012 - SLUnatics need to live up to their name and make his life a living hell when X comes to the U. He got off way to easy. F*** Xavier.

While he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire at X, Kenny Freeze got off with a slap on the wrist while Kwamain and Willie got the ultimate punishment. February 28, 2012 - SLUnatics need to live up to their name and make his life a living hell when X comes to the U. He got off way to easy. F*** Xavier.

What was it he was suspended for?

People on this board need to stop comparing the two suspensions and each schools reaction considering we have no idea why he was suspended.

This thread is moronic. Frease got a slap on the wrist because whatever he did was clearly minor. The allegations against our guys - no matter what actually happened or how guilty each guy was - were very, very serious. If Frease were involved in the same type of incident, I can guarantee he would not be suspended for only a week of practice and Midnight Madness.

There's no need whatsoever to dredge up the incident SLU is still trying to recover from and use it to blast a guy and a program that had nothing to do with it. The series is far more interesting on the court than off, and I'd rather beat them there than resort to cheap shots.

This thread is moronic. Frease got a slap on the wrist because whatever he did was clearly minor. The allegations against our guys - no matter what actually happened or how guilty each guy was - were very, very serious. If Frease were involved in the same type of incident, I can guarantee he would not be suspended for only a week of practice and Midnight Madness.

There's no need whatsoever to dredge up the incident SLU is still trying to recover from and use it to blast a guy and a program that had nothing to do with it. The series is far more interesting on the court than off, and I'd rather beat them there than resort to cheap shots.

It's more a shot at SLU's dogged determination not to win than a shot at Xavier when the situations are compared. I can see the other view.

It's more a shot at SLU's dogged determination not to win than a shot at Xavier when the situations are compared. I can see the other view.

In which case, it's still not apples to apples. If the four SLU players got caught doing whatever Frease did, they wouldn't have been expelled or suspended for a season (or questioned by police).

I disagree here. It is extremely silly to compare the two suspensions and situations. One is completely different than the other, especially since we have no idea what Frease was suspended for. Frease's suspension was handed down directly by the coach of the team for violation of team rules, while KM and WR were suspended by the school itself. Nobody would even be speculating about what Frease did if Mack didn't suspend him.

The situation with KM and WR hung over their heads for months prior to the suspension due to an incident that garnered attention from the media, law enforcement and the school itself. Can we please not rehash this again?

Truth. That's the bigger picture. Also, what message are these schools sending their student-athletes? The LSU kids got reinstated, the Ohio State kids got reinstated (although props to them for busting that Posey clown and sitting him down for 90% of the season). These are "win at all costs" institutions. X has now joined the ranks of felon-laden programs. Shame on you, Xavier. Make a statement and an example of Kenny Freeze. Kick him out of school. Who cares what he did. He did something that shamed himself and his school. "Unbecoming of a Xavier basketball player." SLUnatics -- we need you on Feb. 28 to be loud and make him miserable! Go Bills!

Truth. That's the bigger picture. Also, what message are these schools sending their student-athletes? The LSU kids got reinstated, the Ohio State kids got reinstated (although props to them for busting that Posey clown and sitting him down for 90% of the season). These are "win at all costs" institutions. X has now joined the ranks of felon-laden programs. Shame on you, Xavier. Make a statement and an example of Kenny Freeze. Kick him out of school. Who cares what he did. He did something that shamed himself and his school. "Unbecoming of a Xavier basketball player." SLUnatics -- we need you on Feb. 28 to be loud and make him miserable! Go Bills!

Without knowledge of what he did, you can't conclude whether X took the low road here.

Without knowledge of what he did, you can't conclude whether X took the low road here.

Sure, but he did something that embarrassed himself and the program. That's all that I need to know to make a decision. X obviously cares more about winning and revenue than it does building character. I don't care if he flunked a class or stole a pack of Bazooka bubblegum. The kid is a joke and his over-hyped/Sam Bowie-esque career at Xavier should come to an end.

I read the thread on a Xavier board about Frease's suspension. Nothing official on what was done, but apparently in some radio interview Chris Mack said that it wasn't anything too serous like getting arrested. Tu Holloway is suspended for the first game of the season because he played in 2 summer leagues when you can only play in 1. Does that make X even more "felon-laden"?

An example probably was made out of Kenny Frease by merely announcing the suspension. Xavier probably could have done this quietly and few would have even know Frease was excluded from stuff. If I had to make any kind of guess as to what happened, Frease probably decided to skip a few classes or some other required academic or team activity. SLU players have done the same things over the years. I recall at least one player getting benched for a game for skipping a class or two several years back. Tommie Liddell was benched for the first half of a game because he got to Scottrade late because he was over in East St. Louis getting his hair braided and ran into traffic on the bridge on his way back. Since SLU didn't drop kick them out of school, did that make SLU a "felon-laden program?"

Let me get this straight MAObama: Xavier is a "felon-laden" program because we have a kid who cut a few classes, and a player who played too much basketball, while your stars are alleged rapists? Frease messed up, and he deserves what he got, if not more, but your ripping apart a Coach and a program for suspending a guy due to academics, and a program that reported its own violation for a player who played too much. Hardly seems "felon laden" to me.

Let me get this straight MAObama: Xavier is a "felon-laden" program because we have a kid who cut a few classes, and a player who played too much basketball, while your stars are alleged rapists? Frease messed up, and he deserves what he got, if not more, but your ripping apart a Coach and a program for suspending a guy due to academics, and a program that reported its own violation for a player who played too much. Hardly seems "felon laden" to me.

You're biting on the words of an extreme master baiter.

Sure, but he did something that embarrassed himself and the program. That's all that I need to know to make a decision. X obviously cares more about winning and revenue than it does building character. I don't care if he flunked a class or stole a pack of Bazooka bubblegum. The kid is a joke and his over-hyped/Sam Bowie-esque career at Xavier should come to an end.

I didn't realize how staunchly you opposed second chances, nor how greatly you support harsh punishment disproportionate to the act. If billikens.com treated you like you want Kenny Frease to be treated, you'd be serving a life sentence in federal prison. Instead, you're still allowed to post here under your 20th-or-so screenname. Please keep that in mind before the next (inevitable) time you post something racist, threatening to the moderators, or otherwise excessively offensive.

Not that I think metz is right about this, but we need to start saying ###### Xavier. Screw them and some of the asses they have had on that team over the years and the tourney bids they cost us going back to the MCC days. They are no better than that other basketball program in that second rate sports city.

Now it is our time.

Not that I think metz is right about this, but we need to start saying ###### Xavier. Screw them and some of the asses they have had on that team over the years and the tourney bids they cost us going back to the MCC days. They are no better than that other basketball program in that second rate sports city.

Now it is our time.

I'm excited for our time to start.

In a black-and-white world, this is a great argument. In the real shades of gray world, this is stoopid. Xavier is a class program. I still want to take them out but that has to be done on the field of battle. I remember when felons were in the Queen City ---- only they resided at UC, not X. Cutting class is not akin to being drunk in public and punching a police horse, as Art Long was rumored to have done.

We could wipe X twice on the court this year and still be eons behind them as a program.

you all realize that all he did was party to much. its not like he did anything bad.

Frease should have been suspended for the year for being ugly as sin. I am dressing up as Kenny for halloween and will scare the shite out of the neighborhood kids when they stop at our house Monday.