OT Soccer, not SLU

courtside

I know that this has been a past topic on the board.

Yesterday John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reported that Fox and Telemundo have acquired the U.S. Tv rights for the next two World Cups for approx $1.1 billion. ESPN was asked to submit a 2nd bid after their first one and still came up short. This is another illustration of the U.S. interest in soccer at its highest levels.

Univision has previously had the rights since the 1970's. And ESPN since the past two decades. Telemundo and Fox will have them for the first time.

Also, Akron University Head Coach Caleb Porter was named Head Coach of the U23 National Team that will spend the next 4 months trying to qualify for the Olympics. He will continue with Akron. He's already been affiliated with the National Program. Former long time U.S. Player and recent coach Tab Ramos was named Head Coach of the U20 team.

Well hopefully Fox will broadcast on their main channel in HD instead of Fox Soccer which does not come in HD beehere in STL.

Curious to see if Ramos, who's been trying to reinvent how we teach soccer to the youth, makes an impression on the U20 team.

Speaking of SLU, key win last night away against Fordham who was 7-5 in all and 3-1 in A10. Roeckle and Hidalgo got the goals in second half. Another game of five freshman and two sophomores on the pitch. Kristo has been lights out since he's been starting. He was credited with two assists. Roach did not play nor did Sweetin.

Well hopefully Fox will broadcast on their main channel in HD instead of Fox Soccer which does not come in HD beehere in STL.

Curious to see if Ramos, who's been trying to reinvent how we teach soccer to the youth, makes an impression on the U20 team.

Speaking of SLU, key win last night away against Fordham who was 7-5 in all and 3-1 in A10. Roeckle and Hidalgo got the goals in second half. Another game of five freshman and two sophomores on the pitch. Kristo has been lights out since he's been starting. He was credited with two assists. Roach did not play nor did Sweetin.

sweetin is redshirting i thought?

I've been bullish re Kristo here in past because I believe he has better instincts and field vision than many of SLU's other forwards. He has the skill and size too. He'll get stronger and more fit as he goes.

Richie Williams named U.S. U 18 coach yesterday. Brooklyn Beckham is playing in the L.A. Galaxy Developmental Academy. St. Louisan Chris Klein is the academy director there.