Billikens #47 of 50 - Sporting News

Bills71

Looks good. I've been keeping an eye on both College Sports Madness top 144 (new team every day) and The Hoops Report top 68 (new team every 3-4 days). They are at #52 on the College Sports Madness list and #31 on the Hoops Report list, no sign of us on either list. We should be on the College Sports Madness list soon, but doubtful The Hoops Report will include us in their top 30.

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/articles.aspx

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/mens-basketball/top-144-previews

There you have it.

We're a Top 50 Program. Mission accomplished (just kidding).

Someone should send this to the Catholic Big East (CYO) Office.

Keep the faith. This is going to be our year, The Year of the Billiken!

I believe they are talking about Cassity's ankle, which prevented him from playing. From all accounts he is able to play pickup games right now. They aren't discussing a new injury.

A 47 rpi gets us in the NIT, but no NCAA at large bid. For an at large bid we need to be in the 30s.

I bet you are praying we don't make the tourney because you and the dude are buying our drinks every night when we are dancing. Start saving km.

A 47 rpi gets us in the NIT, but no NCAA at large bid. For an at large bid we need to be in the 30s.

More than likely, we would need to be slightly higher than a 47 RPI to get an at-large bid...

In 2011, the highest 'mid-major' at-large bid was VCU at a 49 RPI

In 2010, it was UTEP with an RPI of 42

In 2009, it was BYU at 39

In 2008, it was St. Josephs at 55

To be safe, we would need probably a low/mid 30's in order to feel some semblance of confidence in getting an at-large...

More than likely, we would need to be slightly higher than a 47 RPI to get an at-large bid...

In 2011, the highest 'mid-major' at-large bid was VCU at a 49 RPI

In 2010, it was UTEP with an RPI of 42

In 2009, it was BYU at 39

In 2008, it was St. Josephs at 55

To be safe, we would need probably a low/mid 30's in order to feel some semblance of confidence in getting an at-large...

To heck with an at-large bid. Win the A-10 Tourney and make it easy for the committee.

From the best I can remember , the Billikens have never been picked to make the NCAA tourney by any of the publications. Think one year Street and Smith`s picked us to win the MCC,but seems sometimes picked for the NIT. This is good news to me.

From the best I can remember , the Billikens have never been picked to make the NCAA tourney by any of the publications. Think one year Street and Smith`s picked us to win the MCC,but seems sometimes picked for the NIT. This is good news to me.

I reported in another thread that The Sporting News list SLU as a #12 (not playing in the first round) in the 2012 NCAA Tournament.