Gatorade Player of the Year

willie

Heard on KFNS this morning that Kalen Grimes was the Gatorade Player of the year for the state of Missouri. I don't care if he's going to Missouri or not ,that is ridiculous. He didn't even make first team All Metro. I don't know how this award is choosen but they need to get real. Even the guy on KFNS couldn't believe it.

same thing happened in Wisconsin with a kid who didn't even make 1st team all-conference and missed half of his team's games due to injury but who just happened to commit to Wisconsin-Madison getting the award.

However, there may be more than just hoops considerations that goes into the award (i.e. classroom achievement, community service). That's the only thing I can figure as to why such decisions happen.

>However, there may be more than just hoops considerations

>that goes into the award (i.e. classroom achievement,

>community service). That's the only thing I can figure as

>to why such decisions happen.

If that is true, then Dwayne Polk would win the award going away. Not only was he the best player on the court this season, he was also the top player in the classroom this year and is involved with community sevice.

polk is one of the most exceptional off court student athletes i have ever heard about. leader in his class, president of the vashon honor society, straight A honor student. i have not heard anything even close to that about grimes.

That is just ridiculous! No way Grimes deserves the award over Polk or Meyer. What about "Mr. Show-Me basketball"? Isn't that a differnet award given out by the media that Dwayne or Luke could possibly win or is it the same as Gatorade Player of the Year?

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Andrew Latimer

while hansborough is already a more dominating player, no one deserved this award more than polk. what he did to carry vashon this year and his record off the court is too good to ignore. add to that the fact he came back from a serious injury and did all the things necessary to succeed shows a great attitude and desire to succeed. no this award could be named for polk.