Write up about Canada trip from cbssports.com

billikenbill

Saw this write-up on the Canada trip today. Good to see the Bills get a little pub. Is the article accurate in saying that Kwamain didn't practice with the team second semester? Thought I read here that he could and did practice with the team once he was reinstated to school. Anyone have info on Cody's injury where "he jumped a fence" and needed stitches? Also, what's the timeline on Cassity? Is he good to go for practice next month?

Good to see Rick fired up about Manning. Seems like he's a pleasant surprise so far with a higher ceiling than originally thought.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/31975993

Saw this write-up on the Canada trip today. Good to see the Bills get a little pub. Is the article accurate in saying that Kwamain didn't practice with the team second semester? Thought I read here that he could and did practice with the team once he was reinstated to school. Anyone have info on Cody's injury where "he jumped a fence" and needed stitches? Also, what's the timeline on Cassity? Is he good to go for practice next month?

Good to see Rick fired up about Manning. Seems like he's a pleasant surprise so far with a higher ceiling than originally thought.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/31975993

I was at the Rec on Monday and found the boys scrimmaging 5 on 5. My quick observations of the scrimmage:

I found it very curious that Cody was sitting on the bench watching in street clothes. I guess the stitches (from the article on cbssports.com) would be a good reason why.

KC was playing at, what looked to me like, 100%. His ankle is fine.

KM missed every shot he took. Did not look sharp, but it did look like he was trying more to pass it to his teammates to work on their offense, running sets, etc.

MM made every shot he took.

BC was the most vocal leader on the floor, but KM is The Leader. KC also somewhat vocal.

Grandymama was the most active, never-ending motor and he had a couple of fast breaks where he jammed it home with authority (dare I say, authority I haven't seen since WR?). He will be fun to watch if given enough playing time to get (which all hinges on whether he can get the Majerus offense/defense down).

Manning didn't do a lot to stand out, but he is an imposing figure in the middle. He did a lot of the little things correctly, and already seems to have the Majerus system down (which is why he will be playing more than GG, IMHO).

CR - per usual, had his moments of brilliance - still inconsistent.

The Greek - was on the court.

I think the other was Brian Daly and, sorry but I'm blanking on who the 10th guy was.

Not in attendance: JJ, DE, RL, JB (probably class or something)

What are people's opinions about who the 9 man rotation will be?

My guess: KM, JJ, MM, KC, DE, BC, CE, RL, JB (which is a lot of guard play)

Which leaves out: JM, CR, GG, ET all getting spot time? Seems like JM and CR will get a bit more...

Interesting to think about since Majerus said it would be a 9 man rotation...

What are people's opinions about who the 9 man rotation will be?

My guess: KM, JJ, MM, KC, DE, BC, CE, RL, JB (which is a lot of guard play)

Which leaves out: JM, CR, GG, ET all getting spot time? Seems like JM and CR will get a bit more...

Interesting to think about since Majerus said it would be a 9 man rotation...

I feel like either CR or JM are going to have to get significant minutes in any rotation, otherwise you are really selling yourself short on size.

I feel like either CR or JM are going to have to get significant minutes in any rotation, otherwise you are really selling yourself short on size.

My thoughts exactly. Why then would Majerus say it's going to be a 9 man rotation?

My thoughts exactly. Why then would Majerus say it's going to be a 9 man rotation?

The 9 man rotation could change depending on the match-up.

Against bigger teams the 9 may include more of CR or JM

Against smaller teamst the 9 may be more guard heavy.

Either way I think CR will get some big minutes this year. He may not put up the offensive numbers but for some reason I think he will be a force on the baords and on D.

Either way I think CR will get some big minutes this year. He may not put up the offensive numbers but for some reason I think he will be a force on the baords and on D.

dlarry, I love the optimism, and I too hope CR will do well on the boards and D, but I believe we all were hoping and predicting last year this same exact thing. As with many things SLU, I will wait to see if this can be true.

-i don't get it either

... what fence would he be climbing, anyways? haha. There aren't too many fences to climb at SLU that warrant climbing. Only one I can think of would be the ones around some of the athletic fields like Hermann stadium or the Baseball field...

Anyone have info on Cody's injury where "he jumped a fence" and needed stitches?

I heard he was trying to sell some rare Maori masks to the Saint Louis Art Museum through an intermediary. When the guy didn't pay, Cody went after him. Sure, Cody needed stitches, but you should see the other guy.

I heard he was trying to sell some rare Maori masks to the Saint Louis Art Museum through an intermediary. When the guy didn't pay, Cody went after him. Sure, Cody needed stitches, but you should see the other guy.

excellent imagination. my buddy has a badass permanent X'd up scar on his forearm from jumping over the fence on grand next to the shell station (is that still there?). chain link fence ate him up but good. i can't remember if we were running from someone, or just shortcutting. i think we were just shortcutting. but super jacked up on beer. that's for sure.

excellent imagination. my buddy has a badass permanent X'd up scar on his forearm from jumping over the fence on grand next to the shell station (is that still there?). chain link fence ate him up but good. i can't remember if we were running from someone, or just shortcutting. i think we were just shortcutting. but super jacked up on beer. that's for sure.

No one else ever hopped the fence to get into Humphrey's patio? I didn't either ... just heard about it ... (Although I guess CE is of age).

Elite 8.

Grandymama was the most active, never-ending motor and he had a couple of fast breaks where he jammed it home with authority (dare I say, authority I haven't seen since WR?). He will be fun to watch if given enough playing time to get (which all hinges on whether he can get the Majerus offense/defense down).

Thanks for the report. Cheered by your review of Grandymama. There will be physical games this season where Conk takes two fouls in 30 seconds and Cody is getting man-handled (or shot himself in the ass with fireworks the night before). What a luxury to have Grandymama sitting waiting to be unleashed to restore order in the paint for the Billikens.

Why would you think CR will be a force on the boards? He hasn't even been an average rebounder since he's been here.

"Is the article accurate in saying that Kwamain didn't practice with the team second semester? Thought I read here that he could and did practice with the team once he was reinstated to school."

Anyone have the answer?

"Is the article accurate in saying that Kwamain didn't practice with the team second semester? Thought I read here that he could and did practice with the team once he was reinstated to school."

Anyone have the answer?

I am pretty sure that he practiced second semester.

Why would you think CR will be a force on the boards? He hasn't even been an average rebounder since he's been here.

I don't know Im the eternal optimist I guess.

But if he is ever going to contribute, this is the year it has to start. He has shown the occasional sign of being a player but has never had the consisttency needed to be a difference maker.

CR is very young for his class but with two full years under his belt I think something will click this year.

Im not saying he will be all conference or even a 20 minute a game guy but I just have a feeling this is the year we spend more time saying "nice game by CR tonight"

instead of last years "CR seems to have the ability why cant he put it together."

You may be right. He may never turn out to be the player we were hoping for but Im expecting a stronger, more physical, meaner CR this year.

Two full years of banging with Conklin day in and day out has got to toughen you up.....at least a little bit...Right? I hope?