Non Slu Topic - Lindenwood beats FCS N. Colorado

billikenbill

I believe this is the first of two probationary years for them - they'd be an official DII program in 2013. Must be nice to have football.

Maryville is also going DII.

I am not from here but I always thought Maryville was an all guys school.

I've lived here almost 36 years, and I can probably count on one hand the number of people I know who went there.

My dxaughter in law got her nursing degree at maryville. My daughter has a number of ex high school and select teamates that attend there now. It is actually a pretty good school for medical related degrees like Nursing or physical therapy,

Maryville has been D2 since Fall 09.

Here's the breakdown from Maryville's site:

Question: Now that Maryville University has applied for NCAA Division II reclassification, what is the next step?

Maryville will find out in July 2008 if we have been accepted into the NCAA Division II exploratory process. If accepted into the process the timeline will be as follows:

Exploratory Year 1 (2008 - 2009) - Continue to compete in NCAA Division III while completing educational activities as part of the NCAA Division II membership process.

Exploratory Year 2 (2009-2010) - Begin awarding athletically related financial aid while completing educational activities as part of the NCAA Division II membership process.

Provisional Year (2010-2011) - After successful completion of the exploratory period, Maryville must be invited to enter the provisional year, and Maryville's readiness to become an active member will continue to be evaluated.

Active Member of NCAA Division II (2011-2012) - Must be invited to active membership.