Rob Loe

per Billiken Athletics Facebook page:

"Here's a little "breaking news" for our Facebook followers only...MBB player Rob Loe has been selected to represent New Zealand on the national team as it tries to qualify for the 2012 Olympics. Story soon on SLUBillikens.com."

All I can think of is trying to play at that level and dealing with the jet lag. Good luck to him and I hope he doesn't hurt anything.

per Billiken Athletics Facebook page:

"Here's a little "breaking news" for our Facebook followers only...MBB player Rob Loe has been selected to represent New Zealand on the national team as it tries to qualify for the 2012 Olympics. Story soon on SLUBillikens.com."

What are the dates for this competition?

Patrick

This is great news for SLU. Remember when Ian played for Greece over the summer? He came back a beast and had a terrific year for us. And this was after two years of where we all thought he was too soft for D1 hoops. My guess is that on these national teams the players eat, sleep, and drink hoops almost 24-7. Also going up against tough older guys every day should improve his toughness. Great news.

This is great news for SLU. Remember when Ian played for Greece over the summer? He came back a beast and had a terrific year for us. And this was after two years of where we all thought he was too soft for D1 hoops. My guess is that on these national teams the players eat, sleep, and drink hoops almost 24-7. Also going up against tough older guys every day should improve his toughness. Great news.

Agreed.

After Canada and now playing in this competition, RL should be about as ready as he's going to be come practice in October.

are you that big of a moron that you couldn't click on either of the two links above the htb one?

As backhand would say, Henry is on the canvas...

So,what about school? First he misses a week in Canada now a week or two because of this tournament.

School just started this week so nobody missed because of Canada. I'm sure he'll be fine with missing the first two weeks of classes.

• 2 weeks later...

The first few weeks are all about getting the syllabus and making sure you don't skip exam days. More importantly, knowing when the last day to drop for the semester.

Did we get any info on how RL played in the Fiba Tourney? I understood the games were to be on the 7th, 9th, and 11th. Anyone have his individual results, final scores from the games, anything?

Did we get any info on how RL played in the Fiba Tourney? I understood the games were to be on the 7th, 9th, and 11th. Anyone have his individual results, final scores from the games, anything?

New Zealand lost 3 straight games to Australia. Loe didn't get many minutes. Here is some info I came across.

http://www.basketball.org.nz/news/boomers-close-out-tall-blacks-to-claim-oceania-spot-at-london/