Official SLU Carleton game thread

He probably only had X-rays. That only shows broken bones & structural damage. If he had a herniated disc that wouldn't show up on the X-rays. If he has symptoms indicating he may have one(pain, numbness or tingling in his extremities) they would do an MRI. If he doesn't have any they won't. Those symptoms don't always show up right away.

Gotcha..thanks for the information KM. Give my best to The Dude.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the 4th game in five days. The team had dead legs. I wouldn't read too much into the loss. I wouldn't expect any better tonight. 5th game in 6 days and they will be down 3 players.

UCONN 2011 post season...?

I don't but the tired excuse. They play this many games all the time in AAU and such.. Practice 2 times a day.. they are in shape..(not midseason shape, but still..)

I have not talked to anyone who was there, but I would bet they just came out flat, not realizing the level of talent they were facing based of their previous games. Mix that with the fact that Carleton was on fire from behind the arc, and the game was over before halftime (remember last season when we walked into Dayton and did work)

UCONN 2011 post season...?

I don't but the tired excuse. They play this many games all the time in AAU and such.. Practice 2 times a day.. they are in shape..(not midseason shape, but still..)

I have not talked to anyone who was there, but I would bet they just came out flat, not realizing the level of talent they were facing based of their previous games. Mix that with the fact that Carleton was on fire from behind the arc, and the game was over before halftime (remember last season when we walked into Dayton and did work)

Are you really trying to compare an end of season game shape team to a team that had ten days of practice before playing 4 games in 5 days?

Throw in bus rides and a rafting experience in a foreign land, they have to be tired.

Not to mention all the booze and the hangovers.

IS MM not a PG?

Nvm I missed the word backup. This would be an interesting game to watch.

Brian Daly and other walk ons may have to play more than just a handful of minutes.

MM came to us as a combo guard and I think this is why JJ was recruited in the same class (as a true PG). In any event, it gives Mike lots of minutes at point tonight.

Anyone else have trouble getting their comments to post during the chat? Roy commented that based on Carleton's previous games we should have been better against them. Agree even though these we no counters this team should not have beaten us twice. If KM and JJ played tonight probably would have won this one. Somethig was off and based on the chat Carleto had played three straight days and should have been as tired as we were.

SLU loses again, but it sounds like they made a run in the second half (got within 3), but lost 78-73.

And did so without Mitchell, Jett, Cassity and without Conklin in the second half; also Loe and McCall fouled out. A darn good effort for those that could play.

Anyone else have trouble getting their comments to post during the chat? Roy commented that based on Carleton's previous games we should have been better against them. Agree even though these we no counters this team should not have beaten us twice. If KM and JJ played tonight probably would have won this one. Somethig was off and based on the chat Carleto had played three straight days and should have been as tired as we were.

That was not Roy, but there was someone who got his (or her) jollies by pretending to post as billikens.com members.

I believe the comments had to be approved by SLUBillikens, the person running the chat. On Monday there were a number of my comments which didn't make it. On Thursday I made a wisecrack about Guy Phillips (Gee Foul-Ups), but it didn't appear, although all of my other submissions that night did.

Wow... 2 losses to these guys. Looks like RM's got his work cut out for himself. Hopefully, this is just a valuable learning experience for these guys.

No, I still believe it will be just fine when they start prepping for individual opponents (and everyone is healthy). They don't play five games in six days during the season. I still believe this is an Atlantic 10 top three team and a fairly solid NCAA Tournament at-large team.

No, I still believe it will be just fine when they start prepping for individual opponents (and everyone is healthy). They don't play five games in six days during the season. I still believe this is an Atlantic 10 top three team and a fairly solid NCAA Tournament at-large team.

Agree. We have too much talent, depth and experience. We will be fine and benefit greatly for this practice and experience as the season progresses. I expect good things.

Majerus said it himself that this team is the "Duke of Canadian Basketball." You all saw what the Duke of American Basketball did to us last December, so I don't think we hit the panic button yet.

Go Bills.

That was not Roy, but there was someone who got his (or her) jollies by pretending to post as billikens.com members.

I believe the comments had to be approved by SLUBillikens, the person running the chat. On Monday there were a number of my comments which didn't make it. On Thursday I made a wisecrack about Guy Phillips (Gee Foul-Ups), but it didn't appear, although all of my other submissions that night did.

as thicks said, not me. i didnt follow any of the games live.