Official SLU Carleton game thread

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-whoever talked about sacrificing something to ward off the curse, good idea

-let's get some of the Jesuits to help with this as it seems more in need than the exorcism, that was mostly one family, this impacts all Billikens fans

-at some point there has to be a whole lotta luck coming in our direction

I come on here after going to the Cards game, slamming Bud Heavies, and find out the following three things:

-KM got hurt in an exhibition game that SLU was getting smoked in.

-HTB does their best to give us info as close to real time that most of us truly appreciate.

-Pretty sure that Randy is a douchetwat. Had a feeling before, but after reading this thread, I am pretty sure of it now. Don't want to hear any excuses from him about holding HTB accountable or any other BS. In my mind, total douchetwat. I feel that Randy should appreciate me being frank with him.

Per @Bkunderman on Twitter, there was no structural nor bone damage found in Kwamain. Sigh of relief.

Good to hear.

I come on here after going to the Cards game, slamming Bud Heavies, and find out the following three things:

-KM got hurt in an exhibition game that SLU was getting smoked in.

-HTB does their best to give us info as close to real time that most of us truly appreciate.

-Pretty sure that Randy is a douchetwat. Had a feeling before, but after reading this thread, I am pretty sure of it now. Don't want to hear any excuses from him about holding HTB accountable or any other BS. In my mind, total douchetwat. I feel that Randy should appreciate me being frank with him.

called a douchetwat by a kid named "jbizzle"... keep up the good work pal. i really appreciate your insight. It is always spot on. you should try and turn it into a profession.

called a douchetwat by a kid named "jbizzle"... keep up the good work pal. i really appreciate your insight. It is always spot on. you should try and turn it into a profession.

Well, I am actually 35, so I guess that makes my moniker even sadder.

Here are two the two releases in their entirety:

Kwamain Mitchell Sent to Hospital as Precaution

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 26, 2011

OTTAWA, Ontario - Saint Louis junior guard Kwamain Mitchell was injured in the Billikens' exhibition game at Carleton University Friday. For precautionary measures, Mitchell was transported to a local hospital for further observation.

Mitchell was along the sideline when he fell backward into metal bleachers with 3:13 remaining in the contest. At that point, the game was called with Carleton leading 80-56.

The injury does not appear to be serious, but additional observation is necessary. Further updates will be released as soon as they become available.

Update on Kwamain Mitchell

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 27, 2011

OTTAWA, Ont. - Following a thorough examination at a hospital in Ottawa, doctors found no structural or bone damage on Saint Louis junior guard Kwamain Mitchell. Mitchell will travel back to St. Louis with the team Sunday morning and will continue to be evaluated.

Last night in a game against Carleton University, Mitchell injured his back when fell backward into metal bleachers with 3:13 remaining in the contest. At that point, the game was halted with Carleton leading 80-56.

The Billikens close out their Canadian exhibition tour tonight against Carleton. Tip time is scheduled for 6 p.m. (CT).

Here are two the two releases in their entirety:

Kwamain Mitchell Sent to Hospital as Precaution

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 26, 2011

OTTAWA, Ontario - Saint Louis junior guard Kwamain Mitchell was injured in the Billikens' exhibition game at Carleton University Friday. For precautionary measures, Mitchell was transported to a local hospital for further observation.

Mitchell was along the sideline when he fell backward into metal bleachers with 3:13 remaining in the contest. At that point, the game was called with Carleton leading 80-56.

The injury does not appear to be serious, but additional observation is necessary. Further updates will be released as soon as they become available.

Update on Kwamain Mitchell

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 27, 2011

OTTAWA, Ont. - Following a thorough examination at a hospital in Ottawa, doctors found no structural or bone damage on Saint Louis junior guard Kwamain Mitchell. Mitchell will travel back to St. Louis with the team Sunday morning and will continue to be evaluated.

Last night in a game against Carleton University, Mitchell injured his back when fell backward into metal bleachers with 3:13 remaining in the contest. At that point, the game was halted with Carleton leading 80-56.

The Billikens close out their Canadian exhibition tour tonight against Carleton. Tip time is scheduled for 6 p.m. (CT).

Thanks for the update. So, why does he need further evaluation if there was no bone or structural damage? Maybe I'm missing something. Either way, glad to hear there are no broken bones. We have months till the season starts so if they find anything in these continuing evaluations, I assume it wouldn't be anything too serious so we should see our captain on the floor for all games. Go Bills.

Thanks for the update. So, why does he need further evaluation if there was no bone or structural damage? Maybe I'm missing something. Either way, glad to hear there are no broken bones. We have months till the season starts so if they find anything in these continuing evaluations, I assume it wouldn't be anything too serious so we should see our captain on the floor for all games. Go Bills.

My guess, judging by the continued use of the word "precaution" is that it is something general like a deep bruise and he will just need to take a little time off to let the pain subside.. maybe massage if his back is tight and things of that nature...

I believe it was just blown out of proportion.. I re-tweeted some guy from Canada who said it "looked serious" so automatically I was freakin out based on the little knowledge I had.. but after reading the releases, I am not as worried.. Like you said, he has a month to recover.. he will be fine

I am more worried about the team performance last night... 1st real competition and we got smoked.. look for a different team to come out tonight

My guess, judging by the continued use of the word "precaution" is that it is something general like a deep bruise and he will just need to take a little time off to let the pain subside.. maybe massage if his back is tight and things of that nature...

I believe it was just blown out of proportion.. I re-tweeted some guy from Canada who said it "looked serious" so automatically I was freakin out based on the little knowledge I had.. but after reading the releases, I am not as worried.. Like you said, he has a month to recover.. he will be fine

I am more worried about the team performance last night... 1st real competition and we got smoked.. look for a different team to come out tonight

If we can get a win tonight without KM, I will be happy with this trip. An ass kickin' that doesn't count could be a good motivator and help this team grow.

If we can get a win tonight without KM, I will be happy with this trip. An ass kickin' that doesn't count could be a good motivator and help this team grow.

Agreed. I also think it brings some posters back to planet earth. 2 losses at home max isn't guaranteed by any means.

Just from reading the reports on here it sounds like he fell backwards into the bleachers.

His back probably took most of the force but his head my have hit something or they may have thought whiplash was a possiblity.

Im betting if it was any other part of his body it would be over but with the back and or head they will reevlauate the player 99% of the time.

Back and head injuries are two things that doctors wont screw around with, even if he feels find and says he is fine they will check him again just to make sure.

As for the loss....Ugh, I wasnt expecting that. I thought there was a possibility of losing some of these later games but I never thought they would get ran out of a Canadian gym.

They may be the Duke of canadian basketball but thats kind of like being the best Arizona ice fishing school or the best surfing school in Montana.

The special oylmpic basketball champs are the best in thier division but it doesnt mean they should smoke an up and coming D1 school.

I still have very high hopes for the season and this does not take away from my excitement level but I just wish it would of been a closer game.

He probably only had X-rays. That only shows broken bones & structural damage. If he had a herniated disc that wouldn't show up on the X-rays. If he has symptoms indicating he may have one(pain, numbness or tingling in his extremities) they would do an MRI. If he doesn't have any they won't. Those symptoms don't always show up right away.

I agree that the outcome will look very different tonight, but I'm not worried about it, and I don't think that Carleton is necessarily far better than Ottawa.

Remember, the Billikens have not game-planned for individual teams or done any scouting. When the games count, they'll install wrinkles in practice designed to counter what the opponent for that game does well.

I know coach Majerus isn't actively coaching on this trip, but I would be willing to bet that he reviewed last night's game in his mind and spoke with the coaches and "coached" them on how to defense Carleton's attack. They've probably already had a walk-through or shoot-around to address Carleton's scheme, so while they weren't ready for it last night, they'll be ready tonight. I don't think we'll see Carleton getting so many three-pointers tonight (plus they'll also be playing their third game in three nights), so the game will be much more competitive and the Bills will actually have a good chance at winning (even without Mitchell).