Nolan Berry

regardless moy, it is absurb that we "gave up" on a rising junior who's father is a billiken legend. we should have been camping in his backyard at least until next summer or was told to take a hike. the "let us know if you are interested in being a billiken" strategy seems a little far out considering the last time i checked we werent duke. instead we are concentrating on apparent soft greek guards averaging 6 points a game? wow.

In 2013-14, Evans/Loe will be seniors and Manning/Glaze will be juniors, so we can't recruit any more forwards who might play over them. I assume you've seen Tselentakis play a lot to know that he's soft? If not then that is an "absurb" thing to say.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless moy, it is absurb that we "gave up" on a rising junior who's father is a billiken legend. we should have been camping in his backyard at least until next summer or was told to take a hike. the "let us know if you are interested in being a billiken" strategy seems a little far out considering the last time i checked we werent duke. instead we are concentrating on apparent soft greek guards averaging 6 points a game? wow.

Broy, this one post proves how seriously you despise the RM era. From people in the know we've garnered that NB received an early offer from SLU (Da Love), he seems to like PM, and we know he's rapidly rising up the scouting charts. We also know the bigs are calling/offering with probably the real heavy weights to enter the fray in the near future. We also know his grandfather is a Billiken great, who's probably telling the kid it's your career not mine go where you'll be happiest. We further know that other than Larry the Legend, albeit with special considerations, was the last big time recruit to sign with SLU. My guess is just like all the rest of St. Louis's very elite players, NB wants the bright lights of the BCS. RM could pitch a tent in his back yard and deliver him pizza and free movies every nite but it wouldn't change his mind about coming to SLU, yet you think RM is failing us again because he's backed off the kid and recruited some SG from Greece. Who you've deemed to be "soft" yet you've never seen him play. Where dd you get that from? On your visit to the under 16 game in Thailand? A better question to you would be how would UB have handled this situation? Fought tooth and nail against all odds to land NB like he did the big PF who went to Mizzery (his name slips my mind) and in the mean time lose Shaw to SIU? And then tell us it's wise to bank scholies. Don't you think that if NB gave RM any indication SLU was high on his list that SLU would have continued to maintain a relationship with him regardless of who his Grandfather is? Jeez, you may not like the guy for whatever reason(s) but being insane can't be one of them. Here's what will knock my socks off re the recruitment of young Mr. Berry: He signs with Loyola of Chicago. If he does, I guarantee I'll be right behind you screaming for RM's head on a platter. And you heard it here first, this kid's going to a big time BCS program.

RM is not a bad recruiter. He is a good recruiter when he needs to be. That is my opinion. That doesn't mean he is infallible.

Honestly, who cares how much he recruits? Seriously, I don't. I don't care if he never recruits and uses his assistants or recruits players through Skype. It really doesn't matter to me. I only care about how successful he is at landing players. One could argue (and I have) that RM's tenure in the years he's been here has been mediocre at best. But, you have to look a little deeper than that. RM is putting together something we all thought he would. It's taken longer than I ever thought and I am certainly not a blind fan of all things RM, but everything seems to be lining up now and he seems to be landing the players.

I'd love to have NB or any other local kid who will make a difference, but at the end of the day if he lands players and this team starts winning big and winning big consistently then who cares how much time is spent recruiting or where he is recruiting. If he gets results, then he's doing something. I think most on the board have admitted that this is a make or break year for RM and things are looking pretty bright.

I know recruiting is a big part of the game, but there are other parts of coaching that can't be overlooked. There are some great recruiters out there who are horrible game coaches. Maybe those Coaches should spend more time learning the game, watching tape, etc. RM continues to be a student of the game as much as he is a teacher and I think that will pay off the next couple years.

If Easy Ed were a high school star today, he wouldn't be considering SLU; I wouldn't expect his grandson to consider us either. Glad to hear that Majerus is focusing on recruits that he actually has a shot at landing.

And suddenly, something rarely seen on Billikens.com appears - a rational, intelligent comment. Thank you.

If Easy Ed were a high school star today, he wouldn't be considering SLU; I wouldn't expect his grandson to consider us either. Glad to hear that Majerus is focusing on recruits that he actually has a shot at landing.

I guess I have higher hopes or expectations than you do.

Kind of like chasing poon in college. You want to go after the girls you can plow, not the ones that won't give you the time of day.

And you don't not go after a hot girl that likes you just because she's hot and you don't think she'd pick you. You take the best poon you can get not the best poon you think you deserve.

This thread is stupid and repetitive of previous threats. It's nh and broy against the rest of the board. I trust our coach.

I also find it hard to believe this kid is heavily influenced by his 90- year old grandpa. He didn't even follow him to slu high. Why would he follow him to slu college?

And you don't not go after a hot girl that likes you just because she's hot and you don't think she'd pick you. You take the best poon you can get not the best poon you think you deserve.

Whether you like it or not even Rick Majerus isn't dumb enough to do that. I promise you.

Whether you like it or not even Rick Majerus isn't dumb enough to do that. I promise you.

It would have taken hardly any effort to recruit a kid who was interested in SLU. Majerus has recruited kids as highly regarded as Berry before. I just don't get why not this time.

I'm convinced Berry isn't coming to SLU. He has pretty much no interest in us at this point and we're beginning to back off him.

He had an offer from us before, and he has one if he wants it, but he has minimal interest in us right now.

I still think from a public relations standpoint the Bills should extend a formal offer and keep up appearances that SLU is interested in him. The time it takes for an assistant to show his face over at DeSmet is not completely lost (even conceding that Berry is unlikely to be a Billiken). But never say never.

I'd love to see Easy Ed in the Chaifetz stands cheering on his starting PF grandson but since his ascension into the top 50 I've felt we had a slim chance at him. Apparently Mike Krzyzewski has even watched Nolan play. We don't stand a chance.

There are other very good local players that we have offered and have a serious chance of getting. While having Berry on the team would have been fantastic we have to move on.

who the ###### is this NB ######!?!? if he ain't a billiken, future, present or past, that ###### doesn't get initial treatment. he's just some random ass duuuuuuuuude.

and... who the ###### is this NH ######!?!? sounds like roy's padawan to me. just some crybaby bull**** that sure as ###### ain't gonna fly when the BILLIES ARE IN THE TOURNEY.

and... regarding kate upton... how many times do i have to gotdamn say it? PICS OR STFU. **** OR GTFO. jeeeeezus.

Posted Image

goodnight and sleep tight, you pixie stick eating ######.

SALINA, KS.

who the ###### is this NB ######!?!? if he ain't a billiken, future, present or past, that ###### doesn't get initial treatment. he's just some random ass duuuuuuuuude.

and... who the ###### is this NH ######!?!? sounds like roy's padawan to me. just some crybaby bull**** that sure as ###### ain't gonna fly when the BILLIES ARE IN THE TOURNEY.

and... regarding kate upton... how many times do i have to gotdamn say it? PICS OR STFU. **** OR GTFO. jeeeeezus.

Posted Image

SALINA, KS.

This is why Jimbo is the best poster on the board

Posted Image

SALINA, KS.

Jimbo brings it all into perspective. Thank you, my man.

Posted Image

SALINA, KS.

If that ain't enough to turn you into a vegan, you don't have a pulse. B)

While I'd love to respond to Jimbo's post, attempt to go wit-for-wit, fail terribly, embarrass myself and vow to stop posting for a couple years, there's a soccer game to watch.

Look for Alex Morgan to enter midway through the second half. When she plays, we all score.

While I'd love to respond to Jimbo's post, attempt to go wit-for-wit, fail terribly, embarrass myself and vow to stop posting for a couple years, there's a soccer game to watch.

Look for Alex Morgan to enter midway through the second half. When she plays, we all score.

touche.

i don't mean to single you out, but it's easy to rip on RM after a losing season (his first, obviously) in which everything went wrong right before the season. basically his best three players from the season before (a season in which we were on the cusp of the tourney as a very young team) either couldn't play or were a shadow of their former selves. the results haven't been there, but our roster has been full of competitive, hard-working guys with varying skillsets from day one under RM. we've finally got some class balance and we're ready to make noise. the "RM can't recruit" argument needs to be laid to rest. if anything, if RM doesn't deliver this year, the argument needs to be "can RM still coach". i think he can and will. big year for the billies coming up.