Moser devastating blow?

SLU_Nick

If boosters are paying for RM's salary, then I think their input must come in when it comes to extending RM's contract. All the likeliness that the next couple of years are going to be special is really high, but then again I think we were all pretty high from the day RM was hired. Maybe the boosters haven't seen enough in their eyes to go and extend RM's contract for another 4-5 years. Just a thought.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If boosters are paying for RM's salary, then I think their input must come in when it comes to extending RM's contract. All the likeliness that the next couple of years are going to be special is really high, but then again I think we were all pretty high from the day RM was hired. Maybe the boosters haven't seen enough in their eyes to go and extend RM's contract for another 4-5 years. Just a thought.

It would be a good time to buy-low on a contract extension for RM if RM is interested in an extension. Extend him based on performance to date (would have to be relatively cheap) and throw in some bonuses for team achievements (A-10 title, A-10 tourney champ, NCAA tourney, etc.).

It would be a good time to buy-low on a contract extension for RM if RM is interested in an extension. Extend him based on performance to date (would have to be relatively cheap) and throw in some bonuses for team achievements (A-10 title, A-10 tourney champ, NCAA tourney, etc.).

I like that. Make no question, we need to resign RM. If we don't I'd hate to see where we'd be. However, you just don't know what is going on in booster's heads.

It's just interesting listening to him still talk about Van Horn, Miller and Bogut. These are players who had an enormous amount of God-given talent, went to a school that demanded very little of them academically and Majerus put the finishing touches on them and they became NBA-ready prospects at Utah.

Flash forward to 2011 - Majerus is getting kids that might have been great all-Metro or all-area players, but nowhere near the talent he had at Utah and he hasn't really shown what he can do with lesser talent. I'm not sure how many people assumed he could transform the human turnover Kyle Cassity into the second coming of Pete Marovich, but we also didn't think that players could regress under a coach like Rick Majerus.

Majerus talks about those Utah guys like he was some miracle worker. Those guys he brought in at Utah were all destined for great things before arriving in Salt Lake City.

Honestly Metz, there are many things you can criticize Cassity for, but turning the ball over is not one of them. Comments like that make me think that you really don't watch any of the games or even look at any stats. Also, I would be interested to know who you think has regressed under Majerus as compared to those who have improved. Do you think Cassity has regressed since arriving here, since he appears to be one of your favorite whipping boys?

Come on, dude. Needless, off-base shot at KC. He may not be a lot of things, but he's careful with the ball. 2.5 to 1 Ast/TO ratio last year, best on the team, I'm sure. And it's MARAVICH.

And I'd wager that aside from maybe CR, no one has regressed under RM. CE had a lot of ###### go wrong physically, Majerus can't help that.

Just not good observations here...

Agreed. After 2 years of being patient and preaching patience with respect to KC, I made some harsh comments about KC this past season. First, I still stand by my comments but find no need to rehash them here. Second, as critical as I have been, I have never questioned him with respect to turnovers. While KC does not remind me of Marquee Perry with the ball in his hands, he is NOT turnover guy. Instead, he sees the floor very well, makes some really good passes and does do some good things on the floor. Further, KC has greatly and consistently improved his game each year -- no regression IMO.

As a matter of fact, I really have seen very little regression except for CE -- and I for one -- will give him a pass due the physical problems he endured.

As to CR, believe he was nothing more than a role player behind WR (and sometimes behind JS) his first year. Last Fall, he certainly was not ready to inherit the starting center position. Did CR regress from the Spring of his Freshman year to the Fall of his Soph year? Maybe. Then again, he really didn't play that much as a Freshman and, as a Sophomore, he was given the chance to be the center (not a role player). Therefore, and instead, I'd say that he simply was not up to the task last year as opposed to he "regressed" under RM.

Same with CS who never really regressed. Instead, he simply never really made the outside shots like we had hoped and expected he would. Otherwise, his defense and other skills improved each year.

This year, we will finally put Juniors and Seniors out on the floor together with 4 Sophs who logged alot of minutes/started alot of games as Frosh. Assuming good health and each player contributing as expected, this will be a very good year.

Assuming we make the tournament next year, that won't be until all the good players have committed. At the moment, we are recruiting for a class with 3 open scholarships coming off of a 12-19 season with most of the players having little to no contact with the current coaching staff. That's not where you want to be.

Is 12-19 including the Rockhurst game?

this thread is out of control. metz has taken more wrong turns throughout than jimbo on prom night. backhand is giving english lessons. now i am being accused of being big country. someone put this thread to sleep.

this thread is out of control. metz has taken more wrong turns throughout than jimbo on prom night. backhand is giving english lessons. now i am being accused of being big country. someone put this thread to sleep.

In that case...

The USC Song Girls recently took a trip to the pool. Fortunately, a photographer was on hand to capture the magic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is no way CR regressed. He has gotten much better, which just shows how raw he was. The kid is a full two years younger than CE and scored 9 ppg his senior year of high school.

Towards the end of the year of his freshman season he was playing better then at any point this year. I thought Remekun stood out in patricular in the CBI home game, grabbing boards and making some good moves and scoring in the post. After that I thought he was finally comfortable and would really help us this past season but he obviously did not show any of that this year. I call that a regression.

Towards the end of the year of his freshman season he was playing better then at any point this year. I thought Remekun stood out in patricular in the CBI home game, grabbing boards and making some good moves and scoring in the post. After that I thought he was finally comfortable and would really help us this past season but he obviously did not show any of that this year. I call that a regression.

Just because someone has one big game and then doesnt duplicate that doesn't mean they have regressed. I tend to agree with NH here. I just don't think he was ready to be the starter.

Good stuff!

No one on this board has any concrete leads on what's next, so if you do, please Roy, get your Magic Billiken 8 Ball out and predict the future. Otherwise, it's all purely speculation at this point and I don't remember there being an embargo on being speculative.

Just because someone has one big game and then doesnt duplicate that doesn't mean they have regressed. I tend to agree with NH here. I just don't think he was ready to be the starter.

I don't think Sekue Barentine had one good game for us and he was the most athletic on the team.

• 9 years later...
7 hours ago, WUH said:

Interesting. Also, I totally forgot about Nolan Berry as a Division I prospect.

Top 100 prospect. He was playing in Europe after ending his career at Maryville.

WUH likes this