Two X freshman to transfer

ARon

XU freshman Canty and Lantham are transferring. They averaged 7 and 5 minutes per respectively last season. Not sure how they had fit into X's longer term plans.

There is as if now no confirmation that RM made Mack kick them out.

X fan said this was coming. Not too surprising given that. I think this will be an interesting change for Xavier .... I don't recall them having a whole lot of kids leaving, more like kids coming in (Crawford, that diminutive PG from the Big 12 as I recall, the current kid from the East Coast). And these were two "Top 100" recruits once again (everyone knows my rankings rants). Nothing neither here nor there, just an interesting difference in he Mack regime.

X fan said this was coming. Not too surprising given that. I think this will be an interesting change for Xavier .... I don't recall them having a whole lot of kids leaving, more like kids coming in (Crawford, that diminutive PG from the Big 12 as I recall, the current kid from the East Coast). And these were two "Top 100" recruits once again (everyone knows my rankings rants). Nothing neither here nor there, just an interesting difference in he Mack regime.

The only thing interesting to this story was that the players went on Twitter and denied they were leaving... Anyhow, X has to fill two open scholarships.

In the case of Canty, he was most likely going to be sitting behind Justin Martin (our best recruit from last year who had to sit out, and is a fantastic 6'7'' wing/shooter) and our best recruit coming in, Dez Wells. Canty would've been stuck on the bench for the rest of his career then. In the case of Latham, he was struggling academically, never played man-to-man D in high school, and was just lost in the system. I liked these guys, but it's not a blow at all IMO. I've heard rumors of Ari Stewart from Wake transferring in, and 7'4'' recruit Sim Bhullar re-classifying to 2011.