Mizzou appears to have hired a coach

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news for Mizzou haters.

I absolutely agree. This is a shocking hire to me. In fact, I'm speechless. Admittedly, I don't know much about him, other than a mediocre record.

I absolutely agree. This is a shocking hire to me. In fact, I'm speechless. Admittedly, I don't know much about him, other than a mediocre record.

He is apparently a coaching prodigy. Was an Asst at Elon at 20. Been an Assd at Wake, but then moved up to NC Wilmington. On to basketball powerhouses Texas A&M, Penn St, then A&M again. Rode Rick Barnes coattails to a HC job for the worst program in the ACC. Led them to multiple NIT berths. Parlayed that into the Mizzery job.

Living down here in South FL no one really thought much of him as a HC. Since Miami's AD left for the vacated Texas Tech AD job, I am certain Haith was jumping at the opportunity to seek a new job. Alden has really seemed to just settle with this hire and it best work out for him.

I can think of only one word --- blah. As in ho-hum. I can't see the Mizzou crowd getting very excited about this move.

Also, on the A10 side, the sweater vest crowd isn't too thrilled about the Dayton hire of Archie Miller either.

This is great news for Mizzou haters.

Nate sent a bunch of retweets from some of the national media on this hire. Here are some of the more entertaining ones:

Gregg Doyle: Mizzou goes from Painter to Frank Haith? Reminds me of Florida going from Sttops to Zook.

Garry Parrish: Really, Missouri

Seth Davis: I like Frank Haith and have been impressed by him, but this is one of the most perplexing hires I've seen in a long, long time

Gregg Doyle: Mizzou hires Frank Haith. Rest of world giggles.

Jerry Palm: I owe Mizzou fans an apology. I said you'd get a good coach. Wow, was I wrong.

Pat Forde: Frank Haith. Nice man. Would not have hired him with Monopoly money. But we'll see.

Some guy named Steven St. John: Five hires better than Frank Haith... 1) John Wooden's corpse 2) A statue of Norm Stewart 3) Quin Snyder 4) Pat Summit 5) Turner Gill

This guy couldn't recruit in the ACC with a program located in one of the most glamorous cities in the world.

I guess MU's program is just too good for Kim Anderson.

That's an interesting .... development for Mizzou?

When I looked at this thread I had to pause and place Frank Haith. Good luck to the Tigers.

Have they run Alden out of town yet?

When some guy said "get the Miami coach," Alden got Haith instead of Erik Spoelstra, who will be fired after the Miami Heat get bounced out of the playoffs.

Asking Spoelstra to coach Bron-Bron, D-Wad and Chris "Tyrone Biggums" Bosh is like asking Terry Schiavo to babysit The Three Stooges. Not Schiavo's fault. She's helpless, and they're a bunch of .

Asking Spoelstra to coach Bron-Bron, D-Wad and Chris "Tyrone Biggums" Bosh is like asking Terry Schiavo to babysit The Three Stooges. Not Schiavo's fault. She's helpless, and they're a bunch of ######.

That is hilarious, Jim. Spot on.

So where would you rate the mizzou program roy? Top 100 at least, I hope?

well miami was the 73rd rpi team this past season and over the last 5 seasons has an average rpi rating of 85. so obviously coach frank thinks he just improved himself. so probably somewhere between 70 and 85.

well miami was the 73rd rpi team this past season and over the last 5 seasons has an average rpi rating of 85. so obviously coach frank thinks he just improved himself. so probably somewhere between 70 and 85.

Alright cool. I'll add this to the list of stupid things you say re: mizzou so I can remind myself to never pay attention to your thoughts on the subject again.

Alright cool. I'll add this to the list of stupid things you say re: mizzou so I can remind myself to never pay attention to your thoughts on the subject again.

you are right, obviously frank was a consensus top 10 coach. his success at miami has been spectacular. mi$$ouri is so lucky to get him.