Josh Harrelson Article

not looking to re-hash an old argument, but here's a good article about harrelson worth reading before the game tonight. fair to say he had a better season than loe and remekun, contrary to what many folks on here were saying in december. also fair to say that sodie blew it with him and that harrelson made a pretty good choice to go to uk.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/article_b339c244-19eb-5833-ba6a-6cb18d1fda9a.html

you're right, DT was the victim here. had Kentucky come offering DT a head coaching job, he would have declined in order to honor his commitment to his players. and yes DT was "Very classy" in the interview, just like he was when he tried to hold JH hostage by not releasing him from his LOI.

He said he didn't want to go to Western because he had to be closer to home because of a family situation. He then winds up in Lexington. Go figure. Very classy what DT said in the interview. Not sure I would be as restrained.

you're right, DT was the victim here. had Kentucky come offering DT a head coaching job, he would have declined in order to honor his commitment to his players. and yes DT was "Very classy" in the interview, just like he was when he tried to hold JH hostage by not releasing him from his LOI.

I'm really surprised when someone tries to suggest that teenage students on a scholarship to play basketball in college (which sounds like nirvana to me) are somehow similar to a coach who may have moved his family across the country, is under constant inspection by the media and boosters, and can be fired after a sub-par season. I just don't get that.

I am really happy for Harrelson. Sounds like a great story and a good outcome for all.

Not sure i understand what you mean. If you are suggesting that its ok for coaches to leave and not players, then I disagree. You are talking about 18 year old kids who are still learning how to make decisions. And while coaches are under the gun and can be fired, players are also under the gun and can lose their scholarships at virtually any time. If it is ok for coaches to bounce from one job to another without ramifications, then it should be ok for the players to do the same thing. Let's assume JH had gone to W.Ill., and the team did well for 2 years. A major school comes around and offers DT a job and JH gets left behind. How's that more fair than what JH did.

I'm really surprised when someone tries to suggest that teenage students on a scholarship to play basketball in college (which sounds like nirvana to me) are somehow similar to a coach who may have moved his family across the country, is under constant inspection by the media and boosters, and can be fired after a sub-par season. I just don't get that.

I am really happy for Harrelson. Sounds like a great story and a good outcome for all.