IF YOU WERE CURRENTLY THE SLU COACH

doowop

If the rumors of WR and CS leaving are true and you knew that Porter, Crossland, and Cheivous? (spelling) wanted to sign with SLU, what two would you give scholarships to and why?

If porter wanted to go to SLU and someone leaves him off their list for this exercise, they're nuts.

If the rumors of WR and CS leaving are true and you knew that Porter, Crossland, and Cheivous? (spelling) wanted to sign with SLU, what two would you give scholarships to and why?

Porter and Crossland.

Crossland and Chievous is probably the more likely senario, though. Which I have no problem at all with

If you told me I could have Crossland and Chievous or just Porter I would take the just Porter option.

Hopefully someone is making some calls to Momma Porter letting her know SLU is a short trip for her family to see her son play and a better option than that mess in Columbia right now.

If you told me I could have Crossland and Chievous or just Porter I would take the just Porter option.

Hopefully someone is making some calls to Momma Porter letting her know SLU is a short trip for her family to see her son play and a better option than that mess in Columbia right now.

otto porter isn't coming to slu. before anderson left, his final three were mizzou, kansas, and georgetown. word is that UCLA is in the mix now too. porter's father was a college b-ball player and would not let him play AAU ball. if he had, his recruitment would have been even bigger. he's big-time. i realize he plays in a small rural town, but he had 35 rebounds in a game this year, which is a state record. he's not coming to slu.

otto porter isn't coming to slu. before anderson left, his final three were mizzou, kansas, and georgetown. word is that UCLA is in the mix now too. porter's father was a college b-ball player and would not let him play AAU ball. if he had, his recruitment would have been even bigger. he's big-time. i realize he plays in a small rural town, but he had 35 rebounds in a game this year, which is a state record. he's not coming to slu.

Wow thanks for that breaking news. I am glad you can read the recruiting sites.

I know the chances of Porter coming to SLU are about zero. That doesn't mean you don't try to make another run at him right now when one of his top choices is a total mess and it is very important to his mom and family for him to play close to home.

No problem. Next time try reading them yourself before you speculate about things that just won't happen.

quote name='brianstl' timestamp='1301575355' post='269788']

I know the chances of Porter coming to SLU are about zero. That doesn't mean you don't try to make another run at him right now when one of his top choices is a total mess and it is very important to his mom and family for him to play close to home.

No problem. Next time try reading them yourself before you speculate about things that just won't happen.

What are you posting as two people now?

I wasn't speculating on anything happening. Never said he was coming to SLU. All I did was say that I hope someone from the staff was staying in contact with Porter and his family.

Here is the post I made and please feel free to point out any speculation about anything in the post.

Guest BillikenReport

The odds of Porter choosing SLU are about the same as the Billikens winning the national title next season. It is possible, but not likely.

One of the problems with Porter is that he has never really acknowledged SLU as an option despite whatever work the coaching staff has done to recruit him. When I spoke with Porter last summer, during a break from SLU's team camp, he never even mentioned the Billikens as a possibility.

So I'm just putting this out there for the fans who think it is a realistic possibility. Because I don't think it is.

But if Porter changes course and picks the Billikens, I'll predict that the Billikens will win the national championship next season.

Crossland and Chievous, if those are still the top options, would both add needed size and athleticism to the mix and make SLU a better all-around team.

The odds of Porter choosing SLU are about the same as the Billikens winning the national title next season. It is possible, but not likely.

One of the problems with Porter is that he has never really acknowledged SLU as an option despite whatever work the coaching staff has done to recruit him. When I spoke with Porter last summer, during a break from SLU's team camp, he never even mentioned the Billikens as a possibility.

So I'm just putting this out there for the fans who think it is a realistic possibility. Because I don't think it is.

But if Porter changes course and picks the Billikens, I'll predict that the Billikens will win the national championship next season.

Crossland and Chievous, if those are still the top options, would both add needed size and athleticism to the mix and make SLU a better all-around team.

Nate, I think the chances are about as low as you do. I just don't think it hurts to have someone on the staff staying in contact with him and his family. The Mizzou situation is a mess right now and playing close to home is important to the family. It, also, never hurts to establish a solid relationaship with a family that seems to be loaded with talented basketball.

The National Championship? Quick, Dr. Chaifetz offer his mom and dad jobs at $100k each plus a company luxury car of their choice.