Salecich Rumored to be Transferring

ARon

Mclemore hasn't been denied admission anywhere fyi.

If I'm wrong on something let me know. It happens a lot.

Acknowledging that cutting players is part of how RM runs a program is not taking shots. He did it with Jordan, now Salecich and he'll do it again.

mclemore bombed out of oak hill. U were wrong when u guaranteed oak hill would make him eligible and when u said he could cut it at slu academically. That was during one of ur rants re majerus failing to recruit locally.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see this, but if it's best for CS then good luck, mate. I wonder what CE is thinking as well. They came a long way to play D1 ball. I don't know if it was a package deal or not. As for CE, if WR is indeed gone, he should stay and improve his inside game. If he does, he'll see plenty of mpg.

Porter's top 3 were Georgetown, Mizzou, Mo State.

2 of those schools have new coaches. Hopefully we have inquired about him. He was interested in us once. It would be quite a recruiting coup for Majerus.

Jeez, if Porter was considering MoSt, why weren't we on his list? A more like scenario though is OP ends up at UT with Cuonzo. UT's got some rebuilding to do as I understand it, and OP could be a game one starter there.

So I'm sitting in the seats at the Smith Center with the Sign Kid back in late Janaury discussing possible transfers. What did I say back then, Steve? Not to see this coming given the track record is absurd. And I don't think we are done just yet. Past history being what it is ....

Jordan was pushed out, but he also had academic issues. He likely wouldn't have been eligible anyways.

From what I understand, Christian was told he wouldn't receive many minutes next year, but had the option to stay. He chose to leave.

Just two days ago, a certain poster was talking about how Da Love is never wrong when it comes to inside info on the Bills. We'll see if this poster chooses to believe him on this one.

I figured that Salecich would be transferring based on his lack of productivity and inconsistent outside shooting. Just speculation on my part, but I thought he played a role in luring Cody Ellis to SLU. Could this mean that Ellis could be on his way out too? I know Ellis has been a disappointment so far, but he was expected to provide scoring punch to a team that needs it. Now there's rumors about Willie Reed leaving for the NBA. I certainly think that's a mistake for Reed, but it makes me wonder if he just couldn't hack it academically at SLU.

Read the thread about WR declaring and you won't have to wonder anymore...

[quote name='For-DaLove' timestamp='1301287674' post=

From what I understand, Christian was told he wouldn't receive many minutes next year, but had the option to stay. He chose to leave.

This sounds like the most plausible scenario to me.

This is not really shocking. Christian was going to get even less playing time next season. I'm also not surprised about Willie. I was hopeful, but still doubtful that he would ever make it back. So what to do with two open scholarships? That juco kid Crossland would be great for us. Although he is not the prototypical power player that we need, he sounds like an athletic frontcourt player who can rebound. A 3/4 combo player. He is being recruited by Memphis, Gonzaga and San Diego State, so he must be pretty talented. With the other scholarship, obviously we could really use a physical 5. A guy to play defense and rebound. It doesn't need to be a player who is an offensive threat. Somebody mentioned a player like Kenny Brown. That's the kind of player I'm thinking of. Finding a decent 5 is the most difficult type of player to find.

This is not really shocking. Christian was going to get even less playing time next season. I'm also not surprised about Willie. I was hopeful, but still doubtful that he would ever make it back. So what to do with two open scholarships? That juco kid Crossland would be great for us. Although he is not the prototypical power player that we need, he sounds like an athletic frontcourt player who can rebound. A 3/4 combo player. He is being recruited by Memphis, Gonzaga and San Diego State, so he must be pretty talented. With the other scholarship, obviously we could really use a physical 5. A guy to play defense and rebound. It doesn't need to be a player who is an offensive threat. Somebody mentioned a player like Kenny Brown. That's the kind of player I'm thinking of. Finding a decent 5 is the most difficult type of player to find.

I would settle for a Tom Frericks type. Just a big body with 5 fouls to give that can take up space in the middle and not be scared to mix it up.

For what its worth, word is spreading on Twitter that CS will transfer.

If it is the case I will be disappointed though not surprised. Ultimately it may not be a big lose for the team but I will point out, both of the guys known for bringing energy off the bench this year will be gone. I also still maintain that CS is one of the team's best one-on-one defenders, that will always be missed.

Broy???

Attrition happens in college basketball. It happens. We have to be big boys and not feel sorry for CS. He'll land on his feet and contribute elsewhere. This affords us the opportunity to dip into the JuCo ranks or stockpile h.s. recruits.

Addition by subtraction.

I would settle for a Tom Frericks type. Just a big body with 5 fouls to give that can take up space in the middle and not be scared to mix it up.

That would be great; however our track record with recruits leads me to believe we'll get another player in the Husak mold.

Jordan was pushed out, but he also had academic issues. He likely wouldn't have been eligible anyways.

Fair enough. Tell the kid the truth and let him decide. He wants to be a teacher so maybe he is best to return to home to do that.

Broy? I can't believe you haven't weighed in yet.

what's to weigh in on? anyone that didnt think this was coming is naive. and like taj, i believe at least one more to come.

oh and i am sure salacich had a choice..........officially.

To me this is an honest and respectable way Majerus goes about coaching.

I see no problem with this and in fact think its the best thing a coach can do for a player.

But with Majerus' record of "running players off" the nut jobs will just file this information under Majerus being mean and kicking anohter guy off the team.

I liked CS and thought he would of been a fine end of the bench guy on a good D1 team but if this scholarship can be turned into a 7 footer its a postitive.

Hopefully he leaves with a good relationship with the school, team, and coach so no bridges are burned with the Aussies.

So I'm sitting in the seats at the Smith Center with the Sign Kid back in late Janaury discussing possible transfers. What did I say back then, Steve? Not to see this coming given the track record is absurd. And I don't think we are done just yet. Past history being what it is ....

Way to go Nostradamus you were able to predict that a kid getting under 10 minutes of playing time, who was passed on the depth chart by 2 freshman this year, a transfer and a returning star next year, and is smart enough to realize he would'nt play much was transferring.

What's your next prediction, that there will be a non-bcs school in the finals of the NCAA tournament this year?

Way to go Nostradamus you were able to predict that a kid getting under 10 minutes of playing time, who was passed on the depth chart by 2 freshman this year, a transfer and a returning star next year, and is smart enough to realize he would'nt play much was transferring.

What's your next prediction, that there will be a non-bcs school in the finals of the NCAA tournament this year?

+1

Sad to see this, but if it's best for CS then good luck, mate. I wonder what CE is thinking as well. They came a long way to play D1 ball. I don't know if it was a package deal or not. As for CE, if WR is indeed gone, he should stay and improve his inside game. If he does, he'll see plenty of mpg.

Cody's not going anywhere. His g/f at SLU is turbo hawt. FACT.