willie declaring for the NBA draft

brianstl

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he enjoys Applebees tonight. I don't think the D League gives the players even enough meal money to swing Applebees.

You think they'll sing him a song? Happy Draft Day...

If the guy doesn't want to be a student so be it. Get on with his life. Assuming he can quickly ledarn russian or chinese he can play basketball and make a good living

If the guy doesn't want to be a student so be it. Get on with his life. Assuming he can quickly ledarn russian or chinese he can play basketball and make a good living

He isn't good enough right now to play in Russia. That is a good league. That is the league Perry plays in.

He must not be making the grades. Otherwise he would stay in school and enter the draft next year. It doesn't make sense to take the classes and jump through all the reinstatement hoops and then change your mind. this is his only option and I hope he gets drafted, but think he's at least two years of development away from having a shot at making it in the NBA. However, he can make a living playing basketball somewhere.

He wouldn't have if he thought he could pass his classes.

Just wonder if it is lack of effort which is just irritating when you see ###### about him being bored and telling people to hit him up. I'm just pissed and bitter.

Assuming this is true and WR is gone, then the quasi-WR bashing is interesting to say the least. Pretty selfish group of fans here. I say good for Willie. It sucks for the Bills, but I wish Willie the best. Hell, if someone told me that I could make $200k+/year (assuming WR goes to some quality European/Asian league and can get that type of cash) doing what I loved and didn't have to go to school any longer, then I would do it as well.

But seriously, Applebees? Really Willie?

Assuming this is true and WR is gone, then the quasi-WR bashing is interesting to say the least. Pretty selfish group of fans here. I say good for Willie. It sucks for the Bills, but I wish Willie the best. Hell, if someone told me that I could make $200k+/year (assuming WR goes to some quality European/Asian league and can get that type of cash) doing what I loved and didn't have to go to school any longer, then I would do it as well.

Im almost certain (no facts just guess) that Willie is only dipping his toe in the water. There is no way he would declare and hire an agent after not playing for a year. I simply don't believe that.

I agree there is no need to bash but I do think this is a mistake assuming he hasn't already flunked out. He has virtually no chance at the NBA right now. A year of college ball at least he has a chance.

The Europe option is always there but few guys ever go to Europe and find their way back to the NBA. I'm afraid him leaving college essentially seals his fate to NEVER play in the league.

I'll admit that I'm selfish about it. Guess it comes from wanting to win so badly. Oh well. I'm not going to apologize for it. Of course everyone wants him to be successful in what he does but you can't blame people for being pissed off especially considering the history of our program and how close we are to being a very very good team with showtime reed.

I agree there is no need to bash but I do think this is a mistake assuming he hasn't already flunked out. He has virtually no chance at the NBA right now. A year of college ball at least he has a chance.

The Europe option is always there but few guys ever go to Europe and find their way back to the NBA. I'm afraid him

leaving college essentially seals his fate to NEVER play in the league.

100% agree on the opportunity he could be throwing away. Another year or two under Rick would do a lot for him.

He isn't good enough right now to play in Russia. That is a good league. That is the league Perry plays in.

At least in Russia, the Catholic Church doesn't kick you off the team for riding the train.

Im almost certain (no facts just guess) that Willie is only dipping his toe in the water. There is no way he would declare and hire an agent after not playing for a year. I simply don't believe that.

No way? Okay...but don't expect to see him playing in Chaifetz next year.