willie declaring for the NBA draft

brianstl

the time it takes to go through the pre-draft process isnt a walk in the park. for someone that supposedly is way behind academically and needing to catch up to be a billiken next year, this seems beyond possible. it might be tantamount to making the blind leap off a cliff and there is no turning back. i hope he knows what he is doing.

obviously he hasn't known what he is doing since before he got to midtown

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really sad actually. It is a bummer for the fan base but more for willie than anyone. It is really sickening that this young man goes through the process and has to endure the humiliation of sitting and watching an entire year without even being able to participate in any team activities. The seperation from the team has caused this. If he were allowed to get back with the team when KM was, I think we would have a completely different situation. He could have remained suspended from competition but there was no reason for the seperation from the structure and discipline of the coaching staff and RM. Like it or not, the administration has exactly what they wanted from the beginning. They did not help this young man. They set him up to fail and this decision (if true) is a failure on so many fronts.

You do know willie had more issues than "the situation" that led to his punishment? Imo he was lucky to even get the chance he got.

You do know willie had more issues than "the situation" that led to his punishment? Imo he was lucky to even get the chance he got.

I'm not sure why any of his other "issues" - none of which anyone seems to officially know for sure what they are - were allowed to be factored into the decision by the kangaroo court. If he had done so many awful things, why wasn't he penalized for them when they occurred?

Yes and I agree that he was fortunate to get another chance but these are still kids and setting them up for failure is not my favorite option. We all knew he needed structure and it would be a tough hill to climb without it. Unfortunately, (it seems) the powers to be were proven correct in their decision.

Someone needs to shake this young man and explain to him that one more year will make a big difference for him personally. The very source he is relying on does not have him getting drafted until the 2012 draft.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

I'm not sure why any of his other "issues" - none of which anyone seems to officially know for sure what they are - were allowed to be factored into the decision by the kangaroo court. If he had done so many awful things, why wasn't he penalized for them when they occurred?

Actually, he was already not allowed to participate in team activities, at the decisionof the coaching staff, prior to the penalty.

Man, I'm gonna buy everybody on this board a jump to conclusions mat. Not saying it looks promising right now, but it's incredible how everyone is assuming not only the worst for the team, but the worst about Willie as well. And this is all based on one reported rumor from Randy Karaker.

Man, I'm gonna buy everybody on this board a jump to conclusions mat. Not saying it looks promising right now, but it's incredible how everyone is assuming not only the worst for the team, but the worst about Willie as well. And this is all based on one reported rumor from Randy Karaker.

I'll purchase the first one ;)

I know...knee jerk reaction, I agree. Just have a bad feeling...

Anyone want to point out the post where for the love has been wrong about something with our team this year?

I agree there is no need to bash but I do think this is a mistake assuming he hasn't already flunked out. He has virtually no chance at the NBA right now. A year of college ball at least he has a chance.

The Europe option is always there but few guys ever go to Europe and find their way back to the NBA. I'm afraid him leaving college essentially seals his fate to NEVER play in the league.

The Europe option isn't what it was a over a decase ago. It is a lot harder for fringe NBA prospects with very little polish to hook on with teams over there. The talent that Europe produces is higher than it has ever been. He might hook up with a fringe league over there, but I think it is more likely that he ends up in South America or Asia making a lot less money than he would in Europe.

His best option would probably be to head to the D League where he could add some polish to his game and the team would actually care about improving his game. This would be the lowest money option for him coming out of the gate, but it would probably be the best option for his long term playing potential.

Anyone want to point out the post where for the love has been wrong about something with our team this year?

+1....that's the reason I have a REALLY bad feeling. The dude posts facts.

Well, I would love to be wrong here.

Bad and sad news for Bills fans. As for WR, I don't see the NBA in his immediate future. But it doesn't sound like he wants to be a student, so he might as well give it a shot. After watching the VCU game last night I couldn't help but think, if WR was returning, we could possibly be making that kind of run next March. We need a game ready big man, boys. Got anyone in mind?

but for the kangaroo court, the outcome might have been different, assuming he is gone. this university has lost a lot of its moral authority as far as i'm concerned. one of the posters said he should have been dealt with immediately regarding these "other" infractions. he is correct. the university knows better(so do their attorneys) but they chose this course of action anyway. sad.

but for the kangaroo court, the outcome might have been different, assuming he is gone. this university has lost a lot of its moral authority as far as i'm concerned. one of the posters said he should have been dealt with immediately regarding these "other" infractions. he is correct. the university knows better(so do their attorneys) but they chose this course of action anyway. sad.

no what is sad, is slu gave him multiple chances with little to no punishments and he kept ignoring the warnings. the first problem was before the 2010 season ended. the next happened before school ended. the next couple over the summer. the last couple first semester. if slu had infact came down on him after each infraction he would have undoubtedly been expelled before the court even handed down their verdict.

there is no one to blame for willie reed but willie reed. we all want a great team, but imo, the fans need to quit blaming the school for a very gifted athlete that didnt want to follow rules. if the school is to be blamed for anything i would question why they were not more strict early on in his series of adventures.

no what is sad, is slu gave him multiple chances with little to no punishments and he kept ignoring the warnings. the first problem was before the 2010 season ended.)

roy, the purpose of timely discipline for misdeeds is corrective. giving someone multiple chances with no punishment is like saying its ok . had these problems been addressed at the time like they should have been, the outcome might have been different.

roy, the purpose of timely discipline for misdeeds is corrective. giving someone multiple chances with no punishment is like saying its ok . had these problems been addressed at the time like they should have been, the outcome might have been different.

Willie was punished last summer. He was banned from the team and couldnt go to team workouts. You think that would of given the future nba superstar a wake up call.

no what is sad, is slu gave him multiple chances with little to no punishments and he kept ignoring the warnings. the first problem was before the 2010 season ended. the next happened before school ended. the next couple over the summer. the last couple first semester. if slu had infact came down on him after each infraction he would have undoubtedly been expelled before the court even handed down their verdict.

there is no one to blame for willie reed but willie reed. we all want a great team, but imo, the fans need to quit blaming the school for a very gifted athlete that didnt want to follow rules. if the school is to be blamed for anything i would question why they were not more strict early on in his series of adventures.

BRoy, my take on miscreant athletes is well documented...but I think you may be right this time. If there were that many issues over that kind of time, even Tark wouldn't have put up with it. As much as I'd love to have the best players we can find, there is a tipping point where the player is more trouble then he's worth.

Good Luck to Willie if he does indeed come out...can't take it out on the kid for trying to pursue a dream.