Dayton vs. Xavier

kshoe

Started the game 21-3 and needed 2 FTs with 6 seconds left to win.

This is undoubtedly good for the conference. X is in for sure.

Now if Temple can just lose we can be assured of 3 making the dance. If Richmond wins today and somebody else wins the tourney, it could even be four!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the game 21-3 and needed 2 FTs with 6 seconds left to win.

This is undoubtedly good for the conference. X is in for sure.

Now if Temple can just lose we can be assured of 3 making the dance. If Richmond wins today and somebody else wins the tourney, it could even be four!

If Dayton wins the tournament and Richmond wins tonight against URI, I don't see how you can justify the A-10 not getting 4 teams in. X and Temple are already locks, and Richmond really only needs one more victory to be considered a lock. Still looking far ahead but the possibility is there.

If Dayton wins the tournament and Richmond wins tonight against URI, I don't see how you can justify the A-10 not getting 4 teams in. X and Temple are already locks, and Richmond really only needs one more victory to be considered a lock. Still looking far ahead but the possibility is there.

I think Clemson and Colorado are going to steal the 4th bid possibility from the A-10. Best now is for Temple to lose too. Richmond make the final and lose to someone. And just maybe. But doubtful.

Upsets rule in the upper bracket: #9 Dayton v. #12 St. Joe's with the winner playing for the A-10 Championship and automatic NCAA bid.

Seeds held in the lower bracket: #2 Temple v. #3 Richmond.

If the upper bracket wins the Tournament, still a huge if given that Temple lurks below playing on a de facto home court in Atlantic City, would the A-10 get 4 in the NCAA, or would that send Richmond to the NIT? I'm still not convinced that Richmond (RPI 56) is in the NCAA absent winning the A-10 Tournament. There are still too many BCS conference teams on the bubble (48 Michigan, 53 Clemson, 55 Florida State, 58 Boston College, 61 Virginia Tech, 63 Marquette, and 65 Colorado). Even Illinois (RPI 46) has some reason to break a sweat, although I think Illinois and Michigan are in.

St. Mary's got some RPI help by playing Weber State in that add on game last night. SMC is now 44 in the RPI.

Typical Xavier...Lyons and Holloway skipped the post-game handshake because they were apparently incensed at the last call on Fabrizius...P-U-N-K times 2...

Typical other A-10 program looking at Xavier under a magnifying glass. X brings in money for the conference every year by making the tournament, something you guys haven't done since 2000. You should be thanking these "punks."

Typical other A-10 program looking at Xavier under a magnifying glass. X brings in money for the conference every year by making the tournament, something you guys haven't done since 2000. You should be thanking these "punks."

So you can act like asses on the court as long as you're making the tournament? Makes a lot of sense to me.

So you can act like asses on the court as long as you're making the tournament? Makes a lot of sense to me.

Not only that you can criticize other school's fans on their own board for looking at your team under a microscope.

Such a short post by rosey palmed muskey but filled with so many illogical statements.

You're right...I apologize...I don't know what I was thinking...I forgot to bask in the glory and pay homage to all things Xavier...

While I'm at it...Thank you X! So much...from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what we lesser programs would do without you...

Your players ###### up and acted like punks...own it...for once...

I cant wait to see Kwamain eat Tu Tu for lunch next season.

Tu might be the top guard in the nation next year. I love Xavier and what they do for the conference. I will enjoy beating them even more.