Barnett

SLU_Nick

While the conference might have been weak, they did play 7 teams in the top 100 of Kenpom's final rankings (cincy, mich st, cornell, wright st., alabama, kent st. and ohio).

In those 7 games, he averaged 14.5 pts, 36.6% fg, 37.2% 3-pt fg, 90.9% ft, 5 reb, 2.6 ast and 3.3 turnovers. Not bad, but too many turnovers (trying to do too much?). In these 7 games, he attempted 22 ft's (and made 20). That's the same number KC attempted all of last season.

If you take out the statistical outlier v. ohio where he shot 5-20, you get 13.8 pts, 40% fg, 43.8% 3pt fg, 92.9% ft, 4.7 reb, 2.7 ast, and 3.5 turnovers. Again, too many turnovers.

Thanks for the research, Moytoy12

rewind to last year and rickma gushing over cassity. now rickma starts long incoherent rants with "i have to kiss his (cassity's) a$$ to get him to shoot".

i no longer take much stock in rickma praising quotes.

Pretty unreasonable to compare his statements about Barnett to those of Cassity. He said Cassity was a good all around player, but that he did not shoot or score enough, which is pretty much dead-on. He said Barnett would be All Conference, which is something completely different.

I am excited to see if he can push Cassity at the swing man position, or if Evans will develop any swing man skills. That is where we need depth the most assuming WR returns.

While the conference might have been weak, they did play 7 teams in the top 100 of Kenpom's final rankings (cincy, mich st, cornell, wright st., alabama, kent st. and ohio).

In those 7 games, he averaged 14.5 pts, 36.6% fg, 37.2% 3-pt fg, 90.9% ft, 5 reb, 2.6 ast and 3.3 turnovers. Not bad, but too many turnovers (trying to do too much?). In these 7 games, he attempted 22 ft's (and made 20). That's the same number KC attempted all of last season.

If you take out the statistical outlier v. ohio where he shot 5-20, you get 13.8 pts, 40% fg, 43.8% 3pt fg, 92.9% ft, 4.7 reb, 2.7 ast, and 3.5 turnovers. Again, too many turnovers.

These stats look good, and it shows he should be able to score against athletic teams, but it may be better to compare the close games that they played instead. The above mentioned teams probably wouldn't have even bothered to game plan around Barnett.

Agree completely. I see no reason to play CE at the 3 going forward.

I'm beginning to question his ability as a 4. I just don't see what skills he has other than three-point shooting. And I'm not trying to sound definitive with this, It has just popped into my mind lately.

And u said cassity would be in the NBA. Actually, I don't recall majerus ever saying anything like that about cassity. He has always said cassity needs to shoot more. Maybe he's getting more frustrated with cassity's unwillingness to step up in the absence of our top 3 scorers.

Breaker he said last year cassity would be all conference this year

Breaker he said last year cassity would be all conference this year

Either way, no one should be able to say that RM just builds up his players needlessly to the media. He generally downplays a players importance and is not loose with his compliments. He could just be trying to build interest in the program, but most likely he is just being honest, and he knows a lot about basketball.

Note, he said JB would all conference at some point, not necessarily next year. I still think Cassity will start next year and play 25 minutes.

Ellis and Loe are the same player .... tall shooting international player. Twos or three-wannabees in four and five bodies. I can't see neither, without some large work in the weight room, even being prototypical fours and fives. And bulking up usually hurts shooting skills. And even with that bulk, American fours and fives will usually be quicker to go around, or lither to go over. Even if Loe boxes out Frease, even if Ellis boxes out Mclean, I still see us losing that battle ... for now.

Ellis and Loe are the same player .... tall shooting international player. Twos or three-wannabees in four and five bodies. I can't see neither, without some large work in the weight room, even being prototypical fours and fives. And bulking up usually hurts shooting skills. And even with that bulk, American fours and fives will usually be quicker to go around, or lither to go over. Even if Loe boxes out Frease, even if Ellis boxes out Mclean, I still see us losing that battle ... for now.

Ellis is making progress as an inside guy. He's gotten more physical and has shown an increase in willingness to attempt to score inside. He still needs to vastly improve his inside scoring moves, but he's working on it. He is not afraid of contact.

I see Ellis being ahead of Loe because he appears to be much stronger. If Loe doesn't improve his strength, he'll never make much of an impact.

Even stretched as thin as we are at every numbered position; the better our players do what coach wants the less likely we will be able to tag a label on any of these guys.

That being said one of the differences between Loe and Cassity and Ellis is two of them Ellis and Cassity have end of the run off- center turn around jumpers .

Loe will only put movement into his jumper if he starts off and continues

squared up. Of course they all hit the three off the step pass. I think I see more of an attempt to play inside from Loe than Ellis and for a freshman

if Loe was considered to be recruited over Ellis he has more spunk than Ellis as a frosh but CE certainly got tougher this year.

The little we get to see JB in pre game shoot arounds he appears to have a feel from just about anyplace he gets the ball.

I would sure like to see a plot of where our guys shoot from and where they make them from.

I anticipate KM, JB, WR, CE, MM in that order on shots attempted next year. If no WR I would start BC and hope he takes off another 10 pounds running this summer and stays healthy.