ESPN RISE High School Showcase

I'll be there. Should be a great game as long as Young stays eligible. Every time I've seen Young do something that put him over the top Beal usually comes back his next game and is even better. Two different types of players but hopefully they will match up head to head for awhile.

I got my reserved seats at 7 AM at North a few weeks ago. They were sold out by 11 AM.

I'll be there. Should be a great game as long as Young stays eligible. Every time I've seen Young do something that put him over the top Beal usually comes back his next game and is even better. Two different types of players but hopefully they will match up head to head for awhile.

I got my reserved seats at 7 AM at North a few weeks ago. They were sold out by 11 AM.

Are the reserved seats just the courtside seats or are they certain sections? I was able to get tickets but they were general admission, just wondering where I'll be able to sit. Wonder if they would have sold out the Chaifetz if the game was there. They wanted to schedule the game at Chaifetz but an event was already scheduled and could not be moved.

Think we have a shot at landing Beal?

Are the reserved seats just the courtside seats or are they certain sections? I was able to get tickets but they were general admission, just wondering where I'll be able to sit. Wonder if they would have sold out the Chaifetz if the game was there. They wanted to schedule the game at Chaifetz but an event was already scheduled and could not be moved.

Across from the benches is reserved seating, actual seats. The rest of the arena is bleachers.

This game is on my fiancee's birthday. No way I can con her into going to a high school basketball game on such a day, but maybe we can just so happen to be somewhere that has ESPNU when 4:00 rolls around Saturday.

Does McElmore play for McLuer? And I guess we're out of the running for him, correct? Also, it's been rumored we're hot after another Aussie. Any ideas on who it is?

Saw P.Moser and Nate at the Hazelwood Central and DeSmet game last night. I asked PM about the Aussie and about the rumor that another recruit would be signed in the Spring, but he did not name the Aussie, and said they are always recruiting. He was there watching Nolan Berry and maybe some others.

Saw P.Moser and Nate at the Hazelwood Central and DeSmet game last night. I asked PM about the Aussie and about the rumor that another recruit would be signed in the Spring, but he did not name the Aussie, and said they are always recruiting. He was there watching Nolan Berry and maybe some others.

Unfortunately I've only gotten to see Jordan Martin play Nolan Berry once this year. Both talented sophomore big men who I hope both give SLU some consideration.

He's at an Academy out east. BJ Young is the kid for McCluer, going to Arkansas.

Not to be a stickler, but McCluer and McCluer North are two different schools. When one says McCluer that means the Comets, the schools by the highway and the old drive in theater. McCluer North are the Stars. BJ Young's team is McCluer North and they are playing the game, coached by Randy Reed. Claggett coach's McCluer.

Should be a great game as long as Young stays eligible. Every time I've seen Young do something that put him over the top Beal usually comes back his next game and is even better. Two different types of players but hopefully they will match up head to head for awhile.

Young is back from suspension. He played last night in a loss to McCluer and played tonight against a not so good Riverview squad. Honestly I was more impressed with Granger tonight than Young. Granger is very athletic and had several nice strong dunks including a couple alley-oops (of course they were against inferior players). Granger also has a very nice 10-15' jump shot. Granger's a little weak when it comes to bodying up for rebounds but I liked his game and demeanor on the court. Young did seem to have a "better than the world" attitude which will only make him look bad if he continues with it on national tv Saturday. In the loss to McCluer yesterday Young had a terrible attitude and refused to shake Claggett's hand at the end of the game. I've got a feeling Beal and Co. are gonna run all over this McCluer North team.

Not to be a stickler, but McCluer and McCluer North are two different schools. When one says McCluer that means the Comets, the schools by the highway and the old drive in theater. McCluer North are the Stars. BJ Young's team is McCluer North and they are playing the game, coached by Randy Reed. Claggett coach's McCluer.

You are using that term "coached" pretty loosely there aren't you?

That's weird. According to many on this board, our coaching staff doesn't recruit locally.

Chaminade jumped out to a 10 point lead in the first quarter. Didn't stretch it too much after that until the 4th where McCluer North really quit playing. Chaminade ended up blowing them out, leading by 23 in the waning moments.

Young had his moments but he was awestruck by Beal. Beal carries himself like he is the best and he backs it up. They went 1 on 1 with each other a few times, both could get shots off the other. Beal just has a better all around game and a big enough body to take more abuse. Beal asserts himself defensively, Young does not. Young is very good, smooth, he's just not as good as Beal who may be the best there is. Beal scored 40 tonight and he did it everywhere, 3s, jumpers, drives, post ups. No weaknesses. Beal had several highlight worthy plays, a powerful 10 foot dunk down the lane that sent North players running for cover, multiple 3s in defenders faces including a fadeaway 3 over Jordan Granger, and 2 huge blocks, one on Young where he sent the ball sailing and talked to Young for a bit and another from behind on a North breakaway.

North is a deeper squad than Chaminade. If they play again Chaminade probably takes it but a better effort from Granger could make it a game even if Beal plays out of his mind. North coaching really holds them back and Chaminade's is an asset so I'd still take Chaminade in a rematch.

I wasn't impressed with Granger. He had a few points, maybe 15, but against a smaller team he never asserted himself inside. He didn't show a power post move. His shooting stroke was there but he isn't tough. A much smaller and less skilled Chaminade front line pushed him around. Chaminade dominated the boards, Granger probably only ended up with 5 or 6, he gets 12 or 13 this game is different. Most of the time he wasn't in any position to rebound. I've seen him do better but it is a area of great concern. He's not a great athlete, so he needs to learn how to block out and position himself.

Almost wish the game had been at Chaiffetz. Sellout crowd with many people left outside. Traffic was so bad and Main street was so crowded I just went home. Probably could have sold 5 or 6k tickets to this thing.

Chaminade jumped out to a 10 point lead in the first quarter. Didn't stretch it too much after that until the 4th where McCluer North really quit playing. Chaminade ended up blowing them out, leading by 23 in the waning moments.

Young had his moments but he was awestruck by Beal. Beal carries himself like he is the best and he backs it up. They went 1 on 1 with each other a few times, both could get shots off the other. Beal just has a better all around game and a big enough body to take more abuse. Beal asserts himself defensively, Young does not. Young is very good, smooth, he's just not as good as Beal who may be the best there is. Beal scored 40 tonight and he did it everywhere, 3s, jumpers, drives, post ups. No weaknesses. Beal had several highlight worthy plays, a powerful 10 foot dunk down the lane that sent North players running for cover, multiple 3s in defenders faces including a fadeaway 3 over Jordan Granger, and 2 huge blocks, one on Young where he sent the ball sailing and talked to Young for a bit and another from behind on a North breakaway.

North is a deeper squad than Chaminade. If they play again Chaminade probably takes it but a better effort from Granger could make it a game even if Beal plays out of his mind. North coaching really holds them back and Chaminade's is an asset so I'd still take Chaminade in a rematch.

I wasn't impressed with Granger. He had a few points, maybe 15, but against a smaller team he never asserted himself inside. He didn't show a power post move. His shooting stroke was there but he isn't tough. A much smaller and less skilled Chaminade front line pushed him around. Chaminade dominated the boards, Granger probably only ended up with 5 or 6, he gets 12 or 13 this game is different. Most of the time he wasn't in any position to rebound. I've seen him do better but it is a area of great concern. He's not a great athlete, so he needs to learn how to block out and position himself.

Almost wish the game had been at Chaiffetz. Sellout crowd with many people left outside. Traffic was so bad and Main street was so crowded I just went home. Probably could have sold 5 or 6k tickets to this thing.

###### is Brad Beal the next Kevin Durant?

beal is the real deal. i think he is better than hughes was as a senior. definitely a better shooter.

That's what I thought. He can do everything at a very high level, just like Hughes. He is also a much better shooter right now than Hughes ever has been. One year in college for this kid. Two at most.

beal is the real deal. i think he is better than hughes was as a senior. definitely a better shooter.

I think so too. We always wanted Hughes to bulk up, Beal is already there. Underrated athleticism, excellent shooting and ball handling and a willingness to play defense. If he doesn't get lost in Donovan's system (not exactly a guard coach) he should be in the NBA in 12-13. Besides his skills, Beal rises to the occasion. He plays his best in big games and imposes his will against the best players. Beal has been compared to Ray Allen as a college/pro player. After seeing his recent exploits I think I may be disappointed if Beal only gets to an all star level in the pros.