SLU v. Xavier GDT

SluSignGuy

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I mean...I hope this fuels his hunger even more to destroy X like the little ******* they are.

I go back and forth wondering if KM or WR would have made a bigger difference in this game. We needed someone that could effectively guard their guards.

At the same time, WR would have been there to block a few shots.

I go back and forth wondering if KM or WR would have made a bigger difference in this game. We needed someone that could effectively guard their guards.

At the same time, WR would have been there to block a few shots.

I think we should be happy this group held their own with a good X team and not lament the loss of WR and KM. Let's give the kids playing their props. They looked good all by themselves. And next year can't get here quick enough.

I think we should be happy this group held their own with a good X team and not lament the loss of WR and KM. Let's give the kids playing their props. They looked good all by themselves. And next year can't get here quick enough.

Agreed, the guys played well. Not disappointed at all.

Agreed, the guys played well. Not disappointed at all.

I'm fine with being happy the team played well. I will ALWAYS be disappointed when we lose. I don't care if we are playing Duke at Duke - there are no moral victories. Not trying to be argumentative at all, but I am just so sick of losing and acting like it is okay because they played hard. I JUST WANT TO WIN.

I'm fine with being happy the team played well. I will ALWAYS be disappointed when we lose. I don't care if we are playing Duke at Duke - there are no moral victories. Not trying to be argumentative at all, but I am just so sick of losing and acting like it is okay because they played hard. I JUST WANT TO WIN.

I'm with you. The little engine that could eventually got over that hill. SLU has been chugging along most of the time in the wrong direction. Will next year be the year?

Fan, I don't support moral victories either. You either get a W or an L. Yes, an upset over X would have us all seeing stars. But you got to be realistic. Right now we have to take our positives we're we can get 'em.... and at this juncture it's development. I think we saw that today. If we had lost 65-38 and looked lost out there, definitely we'd have the empty pit in the stomach feeling as in, "jeez, we're still just run of the mill." Instead, as you said, I'm happy they played well.

Normally, I'd agree with you; winning is all that matters. But with our record being what it is and us having no chance at a post-season birth of any kind short of winning the A-10 tourney, I'm more concerned with seeing improvement in the team than I am winning games. I'd rather lose by 1 to Xavier or Temple on the road than I would beat a Chicago St. by one at home, because the former is much harder to do.

Next year, when we are battling for an NCAA tournament birth (and yes we will be good enough for an NCAA tourney birth) winning we be all that matters.

From here on out, I just want to see improved play and I saw a lot of that today, especially from Loe and Conklin.

As an X fan, can't say I was suprised by SLU hanging in tough. You guys always give us fits.

In terms of the student section, I would probably admit that SLU's student were a little more vocal all game, but then again everyone guns to knock off X, so the emotion was there.

Excited to see this game turn into a rivalry over the next couple of years, two talented teams.

Normally, I'd agree with you; winning is all that matters. But with our record being what it is and us having no chance at a post-season birth of any kind short of winning the A-10 tourney, I'm more concerned with seeing improvement in the team than I am winning games. I'd rather lose by 1 to Xavier or Temple on the road than I would beat a Chicago St. by one at home, because the former is much harder to do.

Next year, when we are battling for an NCAA tournament birth (and yes we will be good enough for an NCAA tourney birth) winning we be all that matters.

From here on out, I just want to see improved play and I saw a lot of that today, especially from Loe and Conklin.

Summed up the intent of my post perfectly.

HATE.

HATE.