UMass Post-Game Discussion

bk18

So many things to talk about.

MM played amazing. 35 minutes of play.

Rob finally had a break out game. He hit 2 3 pointers and I don't remember if he has done that since the Georgia game.

Jordair and Cory both had intense blocks.

Their team must have been gathered from a jail break. There were some many Technical call opportunities.

Overall we played well and the outside shooting was a huge weapon.

I just don't understand why they put a bunch of random 3rd graders and their parents in the front of an overflowing student section. That was a bad idea.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob finally had a break out game. He hit 2 3 pointers and I don't remember if he has done that since the Georgia game.

Their team must have been gathered from a jail break. There were some many Technical call opportunities.

I just don't understand why they put a bunch of random 3rd graders and their parents in the front of an overflowing student section. That was a bad idea.

that was ridiculous. they give out free tickets to students but they run out of room because of the kids. put them in a top open section. the student section is for the students. that just made no sense to me. intense student section tonight. how about giving away free tickets every time? pretty simple concept. im sure Dr. Chaifetz would pick up the lost price if it were THAT big of a deal.

This was an amazing game. The key was our incredible defense which never let up the entire game. It may seem like we shot well because we made some of those open 3s that we normally might miss but we actually shot the ball very poorly but the defense and the toughness kept us in the game all night. If we can get Cody and Rob to start hitting 3s at a 40% clip we can beat any team in the league on a given night. The team was fired up and really played a nice game.

As I was watching I thought of something about our league. The A10 may not be at the very top of the charts but if you want to play in this league you better be tough and willing to mix it up. Those guys on UMASS were tough and dirty and number 35 threw people to the ground on literally every play. It seems like every team in the league is tough as nails. We can be proud of our players tonight because they never backed down even when they were being nailed with elbows and cheap shots. Go Bills!

that was ridiculous. they give out free tickets to students but they run out of room because of the kids. put them in a top open section. the student section is for the students. that just made no sense to me. intense student section tonight. how about giving away free tickets every time? pretty simple concept. im sure Dr. Chaifetz would pick up the lost price if it were THAT big of a deal.

Absolutely ridiculous. If you want to have other people in the student section, then don't give away tickets to students. When school is in session, THE STUDENT SECTION IS FOR STUDENTS. Why has the Billiken program not been where we would like it to be for >10 years? It is episodes like tonight that prove that they are incapable of getting even the smallest things right.

Man, that was fun. The freshman were awesome, they seem to get better every game. Cody and Rob played with more intensity then I have ever seen. I loved when Rob threw his man to the ground and the other instance when he walked over the big guy. I hope we build on this.

Only disappointment was Roy's choice in outerwear. A purple puffy coat, Roy? You are better than that! Ask 05 where he got his letterman jacket.

Man, that was fun. The freshman were awesome, they seem to get better every game. Cody and Rob played with more intensity then I have ever seen. I loved when Rob threw his man to the ground and the other instance when he walked over the big guy. I hope we build on this.

Only disappointment was Roy's choice in outerwear. A purple puffy coat, Roy? You are better than that! Ask 05 where he got his letterman jacket.

I also liked that Jett once again had no turnovers and had a ridiculous block late in the game. This is possibly the best set of freshmen I have seen at SLU. Makes me really look forward to the next few years.

Only disappointment was Roy's choice in outerwear. A

purple puffy coat, Roy? You are better than that! Ask 05 where he got his letterman jacket.

Gotta love puffy coats but yes, u have to dump the purple and go with blue.

Absolutely ridiculous. If you want to have other people in the student section, then don't give away tickets to students. When school is in session, THE STUDENT SECTION IS FOR STUDENTS. Why has the Billiken program not been where we would like it to be for >10 years? It is episodes like tonight that prove that they are incapable of getting even the smallest things right.

OR maybe if the students would show up to games when they don't get free tickets, then they wouldn't put others in the student section. I'm personally not against what they did. Young children are a great way to get new people involved with the program.

OR maybe if the students would show up to games when they don't get free tickets, then they wouldn't put others in the student section. I'm personally not against what they did. Young children are a great way to get new people involved with the program.

I don't know that I'm completely against putting them in the student section. I was just pissed that they put them in the first 5 rows.

They have been when school has been in session. I am all for giving away free tickets in sections 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, and 201. Just not in the first five rows of the student section. Please give away all the tickets you want to any youth organization within 100 miles of the Fetz, but try to keep some things in mind when doing it.

I don't know that I'm completely against putting them in the student section. I was just pissed that they put them in the first 5 rows.

Then the students should have gotten there before 5 minutes before tip. Sorry guys, I'm with SLU on this one. Those kids got in the arena about 15 minutes before tip-off... I might have counted 5 SLU students there. Get there early or sit near the roof, that simple. Think you'd get into a KU game if you arrived 5 minutes before tip-off??

I know we won, so it isn't as big of a deal, but why do we get boned by the refs so much? UMass was hacking and shoving every time down the court. There was one rebound where we got smashed two different times and then DE touched a guy's arm and got a foul. Don't get it.

Then the students should have gotten there before 5 minutes before tip. Sorry guys, I'm with SLU on this one. Those kids got in the arena about 15 minutes before tip-off... I might have counted 5 SLU students there. Get there early or sit near the roof, that simple. Think you'd get into a KU game if you arrived 5 minutes before tip-off??

1) This is not KU

2) I was there 20 minutes before tipoff

3) There were many more than 5 students there

4) Then why even have a student section?

5) I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler

1) This is not KU

Nope, not KU, but if you want it to be, gotta act like it is. I have no pity for any St. Louis fan that shows up late. Never understood that. Not just SLU ball but every sport. If you want a good seat, especially when it's free, get there early.

Nope, not KU, but if you want it to be, gotta act like it is. I have no pity for any St. Louis fan that shows up late. Never understood that. Not just SLU ball but every sport. If you want a good seat, especially when it's free, get there early.

It is THE STUDENT SECTION. Not the JCC Basketball team section. The kids were awesome and loud and had a ton of fun but they should not have been put there.

That's not the issue I'm talking about. Regardless of whether student tickets are free, regardless of what time people show up, it is counter-productive to fill the student section with non-students when the students would fill it game time.

1) This is not KU

What the hell? I thought we were always supposed to call anyone we disagreed with a Nazi! :D

tonights student section was great! SLU sent out a survey like last week asking students how much more likely would they be to attend the games if everyone automatically was charge like $8 on their tuition and would get into every game. As a season ticket holder I go to every game that I can anyways, but I think that would be a great idea. Whenever SLU has a free ticket thing for students they get a great turnout. I really hope they do the automatic charge on every undergrad because the student section tonight is how it should look every night

tonights student section was great! SLU sent out a survey like last week asking students how much more likely would they be to attend the games if everyone automatically was charge like $8 on their tuition and would get into every game. As a season ticket holder I go to every game that I can anyways, but I think that would be a great idea. Whenever SLU has a free ticket thing for students they get a great turnout. I really hope they do the automatic charge on every undergrad because the student section tonight is how it should look every night

My only question about that is: if it is a mandatory charge, then every undergrad has access, and I'm pretty sure we don't have 8,000 tickets to be giving out every game. Yes, I know that would never happen, but if even an appreciable percentage show up for the game, it would not be possible. I suppose big state schools have systems for dealing with such a situation. In any case, it's a much better probelm than the one we have.