Earl's Report on Game

p diddy

Earl Austin had a great report on last night's game on his website (earlaustinjr.com). He called the victory, "Bully Beatdown" Billikens style. I felt the same way that he did. They played like a bunch of goons out there and they got away with it for most of the game. Once we took the fight to them, they couldn't handle it. A great win.

Dwayne Evans, Jordair Jett, Kyle Cassity, Mike McCall

Bad boyz for life

Earl Austin had a great report on last night's game on his website (earlaustinjr.com). He called the victory, "Bully Beatdown" Billikens style. I felt the same way that he did. They played like a bunch of goons out there and they got away with it for most of the game. Once we took the fight to them, they couldn't handle it. A great win.

Dwayne Evans, Jordair Jett, Kyle Cassity, Mike McCall

Bad boyz for life

-RL and CE making a couple of baskets at key times really helped not only this game but hopefully restored some of their confidence for the longer term

-our kids kept fighting

-not sure if this is addressed somewhere else, but i thought RM made a couple of decisions i would not have made but i am glad it did not cost us the game (one being the to with 30 seconds left after the first ft and not having a play to get the ball across half court so we have to use our last to 4 seconds later)

i would not have had mccall on the bench as much as he did the last two minutes. i know salecich matches up better for defensive purposes, but mccall is our best free throw shooter and there was no doubt the thugs were going to be fouling so why not have mccall in the game the whole time?

-RL and CE making a couple of baskets at key times really helped not only this game but hopefully restored some of their confidence for the longer term

-our kids kept fighting

-not sure if this is addressed somewhere else, but i thought RM made a couple of decisions i would not have made but i am glad it did not cost us the game (one being the to with 30 seconds left after the first ft and not having a play to get the ball across half court so we have to use our last to 4 seconds later)

Why do you think there was not a play - I think they just swarmed our guys and MM - I like him but he is a little short for when that happens - he can not see over the defenders - he will have to adjust to that in D1 ball.

i would not have had mccall on the bench as much as he did the last two minutes. i know salecich matches up better for defensive purposes, but mccall is our best free throw shooter and there was no doubt the thugs were going to be fouling so why not have mccall in the game the whole time?

See my post above.

Agreed Roy. Not only is this kid absolutely clutch on the line he is EASILY the best press-breaking player on the team.

I disagree, Cassity has to be in during the pressbreaker hands down, not even close.

joe, drew and i are taking kyle out for mccall. but we are both playing mccall down the stretch instead of salecich.

Why do you think there was not a play - I think they just swarmed our guys and MM - I like him but he is a little short for when that happens - he can not see over the defenders - he will have to adjust to that in D1 ball.

-i am not a RM basher, i have been a big advocate of his, but i question the way that happened

-maybe i missed some part of this as it was not directly in front of me, did you see evidence of a play?

Agree 100%. It seemed after McCall turned the ball over at halfcourt around the 1:30 mark in the second, RM got fired up and pulled him. Regardless of that turnover, MM needs to be in that game the rest of the way.