Kyle Cassity is a friggin Boss

NH

Can you say enough about this kid? He was basically beaten up, hes been on a bum ankle for a year. People yell at him to shoot more. But he just smiles and goes out and does his thing. Teams that win championships have players like Kyle Cassity, talented enough to compete with the big boys and gritty enough to help with the intangibles.

Kyle is the man.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say enough about this kid? He was basically beaten up, hes been on a bum ankle for a year. People yell at him to shoot more. But he just smiles and goes out and does his thing. Teams that win championships have players like Kyle Cassity, talented enough to compete with the big boys and gritty enough to help with the intangibles.

Kyle is the man.

Vigorous co-sign... +1,000,000,000,000,000

It was great seeing KC showing some attitude tonight. I loved the pretty blatant push off with the elbow he used later on in the second half... could have, probably should have gotten called for it, but damn, he got his vengeance. Loved it.

I was one of the people who thought that Kyle would not become a really good player. Boy, was I wrong. I doubt he will become a NBA-caliber player, but he is definitely good and very important to this team right now. Way to go Kyle. And I will shut up about my assessment of players' talent.

I think the absence of KM and WR has been the best thing for KC's development. It forced him out of the comfort zone.

I agree with you on that statement. Last night when we were struggling I said to the guys with me that we lack a leader on the floor but I think last night KC may have become that guy. Lets see over the next few games if he continues. His coming back each time he was tripped, decked, and grabbed/knocked really showed great leadership. KC is becoming the player RM expected him to be when he recruited him.

I wonder what the Backhand thinks of the brick thrower now. ;)

He doesnt know what to think considering he left early to get his picture taken with Santa.

Anyways, great game by Kyle he really showed leadership and was a real warrior out there. Game ball goes to KC, he really showed some balls out there.

I was one of the people who thought that Kyle would not become a really good player. Boy, was I wrong. I doubt he will become a NBA-caliber player, but he is definitely good and very important to this team right now. Way to go Kyle. And I will shut up about my assessment of players' talent.

i personally think kyle does have nba potential. he has size, he is a smart player, he plays wonderful defense and now he is showing he also has offensive skills. i dont think he is a future nba star, but i think if his game continues to progress he might get a shot.

i personally think kyle does have nba potential. he has size, he is a smart player, he plays wonderful defense and now he is showing he also has offensive skills. i dont think he is a future nba star, but i think if his game continues to progress he might get a shot.

NBA potential????

Did you see Crawford last season, that is an NBA player.

Geezus, this board is a rollercoaster...we go from ppl wanting to give up their season tickets (eastsidehoe) to KC being an NBA prospect. Lets try to get a hold of our emotions.

NBA potential????

Did you see Crawford last season, that is an NBA player.

Geezus, this board is a rollercoaster...we go from ppl wanting to give up their season tickets (eastsidehoe) to KC being an NBA prospect. Lets try to get a hold of our emotions.

crwaford has a chance to be an nba star. i am talking more about the likes of will bynum, jarret jacks, luke ridnour, earl watson, travis deiner.

Backhand has shifted his focus to Salecich. Cassity has come a long, long way since the 1st half of last season.

Salecich contributes nothing to the floor currently.

Still refer back to my statement about the rollercoaster of emotions. He is not an NBA prospect. That is in no way a knock on Cassity.

backhand, my kyle support doesnt start with last night or even this season. i have been a kyle champion from the get go. go look it up, when recruited i reminded all how i thought kyle resembled the high school version of doug collins when collins played at benton high school.

doug didnt really bust out big at illinois state until his junior senior seasons either.

backhand, my kyle support doesnt start with last night or even this season. i have been a kyle champion from the get go. go look it up, when recruited i reminded all how i thought kyle resembled the high school version of doug collins when collins played at benton high school.

doug didnt really bust out big at illinois state until his junior senior seasons either.

You just referenced Doug Collins in High School!!!??? Geezus.

You just referenced Doug Collins in College??? Geezus.

well i know you are too young to remember collins in high school, college or the pros playing, but collins was a very very good player. but one that was somewhat self made who used his abilities and skills to the nth degree to succeed. kyle is a lot like him.

well i know you are too young to remember collins in high school, college or the pros playing, but collins was a very very good player. but one that was somewhat self made who used his abilities and skills to the nth degree to succeed. kyle is a lot like him.

Roy - your mancrush on KC is out of control today. Doug Collins high school references, NBA draft...

CMON MAN! (Chris Carter Monday Night Countdown Voice)

crwaford has a chance to be an nba star. i am talking more about the likes of will bynum, jarret jacks, luke ridnour, earl watson, travis deiner.

Roy, Kyle is a long, long way from those guys and I don't think anyone expects him to be as good as any of them.

Jarrett Jack is one of the strongest college guards I've seen in person; I mean physically strongest.

Luke Ridnour has been a steady NBA player for a while now, averaging about 10 and 6 every season.

Travis Diener was an awesome college player, way above Kyle's level by his freshman or sophomore season. Even he didn't play much in the NBA and went to Europe.

Will Bynum was a top-50 high school player and really solid college player. Sure, he didn't go straight to the NBA, but he's worked his way there now.

Earl Watson may be a journeyman NBA guard, but he was a rare freshman starting guard at UCLA (Baron Davis might be the only other guy who can say that), and a star there.

Kyle is not even close to these guys. If Kevin and Tommie don't get NBA chances, there's no way he will. I know he's an Illinois boy who you liked long before he stepped on SLU's floor, but I would put his NBA chances at 0.1%.