Willie Reed Sr to be on 550 AM Tomorrow

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I just got a bunch of work calls! Crap!

Please keep the updates coming!

Official Billikens.com sponsor of Kevin Shortal

This guy is nuttier than batshit. Seriously. Basically said that Willie is going through "withdrawls" and was speaking out of emotion. Noone asked him about the article Nate wrote. He has "heard" that the girl is linked to a major donor.

"So you're saying your son has no intention of reenrolling and going back to play basketball at SLU?" "Absolutely not, that will not happen"

We will see Senior.

He also said that they are still hearing from some schools that are interested in Willie.

Just paraphrasing, but it seems like he thinks he knows best, and that Willie Jr. has people/friends in his ear right now, telling him to come back and getting Jr. all worked up. But Sr. still remembers how it all went down, and still feels like the school wronged them, and doesn't see it in the cards for Jr. to go back to SLU.

He really needs to have better communication with his own son, so they at least have a unified family opinion, whatever that opinion may be. This is ridiculous.

yea Willie is living with his mother. I think this is exhibit A as to why he is. Willie Sr. sounds like all he cares about is getting HIS name out there and doesn't care about what is best for Willie Jr. If he did he'd realize all the NBA stock surrounding Willie will vanish if he's out til 2012 and he has to compete for minutes with Wallie Judge and those likes at K-State.

Sr. says it isn't fair that the girl's name hasn't been released, but everyone else involved has had their name publicized.

Willie Sr. is holding strong because he doesn't want to show his ass after his knee jerk reaction. If he knew what was best for his son he would get his son back under Coach Majerus asap. I think Willie is a bigger man if he comes back and faces adversity. His dad is being very selfish and that is just disappointing, not just for basketball, but for life.

I agree. This interview seems like Willie Sr. does not have much contact with Willie Jr., i.e. maybe he has told him he is making his OWN decision about this. It seems like the only way Willie Sr. felt he could get in contact with Willie Jr. was to do it publicly. If so this has to be embarrassing to Willie. I doubt he would do an interview with Nate and allow that to be made public and make all those statements on his facebook if he truly did not wan't to return to SLU. Time to get on board dad, this is your son's decision when it comes right down to it.

All will be okay. Jesus Shuttlesworth had issues with his father Jake as well. Jake wanted Jesus to play for another school because the Governor got involved. There is way more to Willie's story than we know. Quite possible the Governor is involved in all this.