No More July Recruiting?

kcbilliken

No More July Recruiting: ESPN

This could hurt us, especially as we are strapped for cash as it is. We'll have to do more individual visits during the year and not get to see as many kids at the big summer aau events.

i am assuming the purpose is to try to lessen the hold that aau has on college basketball and that is a good thing imo.

If this happens Basketball Budgets will go through the roof due to increased recruiting budgets. This move only benefits the BCS schools (and may hurt more of them more than we think). Any school without football money will be at a huge disadvantage in my opinion.

If this happens Basketball Budgets will go through the roof due to increased recruiting budgets. This move only benefits the BCS schools (and may hurt more of them more than we think). Any school without football money will be at a huge disadvantage in my opinion.

whatever the cost of lessening the effectiveness of street agents and aau scums (not all aau guys are scum but enough of them) is well worth it.

whatever the cost of lessening the effectiveness of street agents and aau scums (not all aau guys are scum but enough of them) is well worth it.

So if that means Majerus can't recruit outside of a one state radius on a consistent basis, you're ok with that? I'm all for reducing the influence of Agents, Runners, and AAU scam artists. But there has to be way that doesn't seriously limit non-football schools ability to recruit.

So if that means Majerus can't recruit outside of a one state radius on a consistent basis, you're ok with that? I'm all for reducing the influence of Agents, Runners, and AAU scam artists. But there has to be way that doesn't seriously limit non-football schools ability to recruit.

I'd be ok with the one state radius. Heck a team of some top Missouri guys could flourish in the A10. You're telling me you wouldnt take a team right now of guys currently in college like Josh Harrellson, Jared Swopshire, George Goode, Alex Tyus, Scott Suggs, Alec Burks, Willie Reed, Mike Dixon, Ricky Kreklow, Jarryd Cole, Marcus Denmon, Garrett Stutz, and Adam Leonard?

I'd be ok with the one state radius. Heck a team of some top Missouri guys could flourish in the A10. You're telling me you wouldnt take a team right now of guys currently in college like Josh Harrellson, Jared Swopshire, George Goode, Alex Tyus, Scott Suggs, Alec Burks, Willie Reed, Mike Dixon, Ricky Kreklow, Jarryd Cole, Marcus Denmon, Garrett Stutz, and Adam Leonard?

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.