OT: Sgt Miller. A story of heroism

after reading about the possible problems for some of our athletes, it sort of puts things in the proper perspective

A few thoughts on this:

24 guys held off over 100 for over two hours from the low ground without improved positions. That is just amazing.

Do you guys realize that these teams are going out with the express purpose of getting attacked and drawing out the insurgents? That puts you on edge just a bit.

MK19, I know it well snuggled up to one for 35 days straight in the back of my HMMWV we hit a big bump one day and the tripod put a hole through the bottom of my HMMWV.

These Afghan insurgents aren't dumb this was a well planned ambush based on knowledge of US tactics.

A10 Warthog is my favorite. They aren't being made anymore and have been used since Vietnam. Flying slow and low providing close air support that's the type of thing that just get's your [fallic reference].

Is SSG Miller from the STL?

A few thoughts on this:

24 guys held off over 100 for over two hours from the low ground without improved positions. That is just amazing.

Do you guys realize that these teams are going out with the express purpose of getting attacked and drawing out the insurgents? That puts you on edge just a bit.

MK19, I know it well snuggled up to one for 35 days straight in the back of my HMMWV we hit a big bump one day and the tripod put a hole through the bottom of my HMMWV.

These Afghan insurgents aren't dumb this was a well planned ambush based on knowledge of US tactics.

A10 Warthog is my favorite. They aren't being made anymore and have been used since Vietnam. Flying slow and low providing close air support that's the type of thing that just get's your [fallic reference].

Wheaton, Illinois...

A few thoughts on this:

sounds like you have experience in dealing with these things. thanks for your service.

sounds like you have experience in dealing with these things. thanks for your service.

abomb wont brag or bring it up but he was one of the first of our troops to go through saddam's palace. he sent me a nice note on saddam's stationary he found in the palace. men like abomb indeed cant be thanked enough for what they have done to keep us safe.