Billikens.com Redesign

It has been over two years since Billikens.com has gotten a revamp. I am trying to think of ideas to improve the site, but I actually really like the layout I have now. But I created a mockup of a potentially different design.

Posted Image

Not sure if I love the hardwood floor at the top, but it is a little bit of a hat tip to the original Nark site.

Please give thoughts, criticisms, and suggestions.

Steve

I haven't really thought about it until you said something. The only issue with the front page is that it has a lot of wasted space on the side margins. Not a big deal but you asked and that is about all I could think of that could use a revamp. New layout looks good.

It has been over two years since Billikens.com has gotten a revamp. I am trying to think of ideas to improve the site, but I actually really like the layout I have now. But I created a mockup of a potentially different design.

Not sure if I love the hardwood floor at the top, but it is a little bit of a hat tip to the original Nark site.

The hardwood is cool - keep it for sure

A dose of narkstalgia

Possibly list more than the latest five topics... ten at least, maybe more. :D

Some good threads get bumped off the list by some irrelevant and / or even OT new topics.

Nope. Keep it the way it is. If people cant figure out how to get to the message board and see all the threads then Im not sure how much they can actually contribute to the conversations.

Posted Image

Steve

I like this just the way you have redesigned it. Great job, Steve!

Posted Image

Steve

Can you use the SLU athletic lettering instead of what you currently have? If so, that would look really cook with the new layout you have. Great job!

Can you use the SLU athletic lettering instead of what you currently have? If so, that would look really cook with the new layout you have. Great job!

For the Billikens.com part? (I always liked the Cooperplate font I used). Do you know what the SLU font is?

http://www.slu.edu/x14828.xml

Athletics Logos

Guidelines

The official color of the Billiken athletics brand comes from the PANTONE® Matching System (PMS) 287 Blue. Every logo within the Billiken athletics brand is composed of one color and should never be reproduced in more than one color. Logos should only be produced in PMS 287 Blue or a similar blue whenever possible. When color is not an option, logos should be produced in black and white. Correct color separations for the official Billiken blue color are below:

•Spot Color: PANTONE® 287

•Process Color: Cyan 100 | Magenta 68 | Yellow 0 | Black 12

•RGB Color: Red 0 | Green 0 | Blue 224

•Web Color: #0000CC

The official font family of the Billiken athletics brand is Crillee Italic. Crillee Bold Italic and Extra Bold Italic may also be used.

The logos within the Billiken athletics brand can be enlarged or reduced proportionately but should NEVER be altered or modified in any way.

Whenever any of the logos within the Billiken athletics brand are being produced at small sizes, and the outlines around the words "Saint Louis" or "Billikens" or "SLU" will be lost during production, the logos can be produced without the outlines.

The words "Saint Louis Billikens" should always be used together. "Saint Louis" should never be used without "Billikens." "Saint" should always be spelled out and never abbreviated.

When using the "SLU" version of the logos, the words "Saint Louis University" or "Saint Louis Billikens" should always appear elsewhere on the application.

http://www.slu.edu/x14828.xml

Athletics Logos

Guidelines

The official color of the Billiken athletics brand comes from the PANTONE® Matching System (PMS) 287 Blue. Every logo within the Billiken athletics brand is composed of one color and should never be reproduced in more than one color. Logos should only be produced in PMS 287 Blue or a similar blue whenever possible. When color is not an option, logos should be produced in black and white. Correct color separations for the official Billiken blue color are below:

•Spot Color: PANTONE® 287

•Process Color: Cyan 100 | Magenta 68 | Yellow 0 | Black 12

•RGB Color: Red 0 | Green 0 | Blue 224

•Web Color: #0000CC

The official font family of the Billiken athletics brand is Crillee Italic. Crillee Bold Italic and Extra Bold Italic may also be used.

The logos within the Billiken athletics brand can be enlarged or reduced proportionately but should NEVER be altered or modified in any way.

Whenever any of the logos within the Billiken athletics brand are being produced at small sizes, and the outlines around the words "Saint Louis" or "Billikens" or "SLU" will be lost during production, the logos can be produced without the outlines.

The words "Saint Louis Billikens" should always be used together. "Saint Louis" should never be used without "Billikens." "Saint" should always be spelled out and never abbreviated.

When using the "SLU" version of the logos, the words "Saint Louis University" or "Saint Louis Billikens" should always appear elsewhere on the application.

This is helpful thanks (I was stupidly using web color 000099!!!) :o

For the Billikens.com part? (I always liked the Cooperplate font I used). Do you know what the SLU font is?

The SLU athletic font is what you see on the arena floor. On one end it reads "Saint Louis" and the other "Billikens."

Here is an example from the SLU athletics website: Posted Image