Seedings of 66-67-68

Taj79

Story on how the committee is meeting to determine the issue with adding three teams to the March Madness format:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...68-format_N.htm

I happen to believe they will take the "greed" route ---- that is the first one talked about, where smaller conference champs play each other to knock one or the other out and then move on to a #1 seed. I am not readily in favor of this but it would stand to reason that the have's will want the have-not's out as soon as possible so we can get down to real business. How many times when you do a ranking of all the teams will an Arkansas-Pine Bluyff or an Oakland measur eup to a Virginia Tech or Illinois?

Four play-in games, that's my prediction. Outside chance for the three-out-of-five rule invoked as well.

Story on how the committee is meeting to determine the issue with adding three teams to the March Madness format:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/men...68-format_N.htm

I happen to believe they will take the "greed" route ---- that is the first one talked about, where smaller conference champs play each other to knock one or the other out and then move on to a #1 seed. I am not readily in favor of this but it would stand to reason that the have's will want the have-not's out as soon as possible so we can get down to real business. How many times when you do a ranking of all the teams will an Arkansas-Pine Bluyff or an Oakland measur eup to a Virginia Tech or Illinois?

Four play-in games, that's my prediction. Outside chance for the three-out-of-five rule invoked as well.

I like the idea proposed at the end of the article of the last four at-large teams playing the four lowest ranked teams in the field. That's a good compromise, and still gives the lower seeded conference champ teams a chance at an upset. Hadn't seen that before but it makes good sense.