OT - NFL Draft

Everytime you turn on ESPN for the last month it has been draft coverage and finally it is here. Just wanted to take a gauge of what everyone thought of their team's first rounds.

Dolphins fan-I really liked what they did. Traded #12 down for another pick at #40 and #28 and a reserve LB Robbins. I like the safe pick on the d-line with Odrick.

I would like to see a playmaker on D with the #40 pick so we shall see.

Thoughts?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy with the Bradford pick. I'm especially interested to see what the Rams do with the 33rd pick. There are lots of good players on the board, so trading down might not be a bad move.

I kind of think that Denver is approaching Oakland-level craziness.

I'm happy with the Bradford pick. I'm especially interested to see what the Rams do with the 33rd pick. There are lots of good players on the board, so trading down might not be a bad move.

Oakland's draft pick actually made a lot more sense than either of Denver's picks.

Oakland's draft pick actually made a lot more sense than either of Denver's picks.

As a longer than I care to remember bleed blue NY Giants fan, I'm scratching my head over the Gmen's pick of DE John Paul "Flipper" Pierre. Under Coughlin this kid will either be out of the league in two years or be released and then end up making all pro, probably with them gotdamn Iggles. We could have done a lot better. I hate "freaky" athletic project picks. They remind me too much of Horace Dixon.

If the Rams don't trade down, I'd like to see them pick a receiver, likely Benn from Illinois. We need a big strong receiver opposite Avery.

As a longer than I care to remember bleed blue NY Giants fan, I'm scratching my head over the Gmen's pick of DE John Paul "Flipper" Pierre. Under Coughlin this kid will either be out of the league in two years or be released and then end up making all pro, probably with them gotdamn Iggles. We could have done a lot better. I hate "freaky" athletic project picks. They remind me too much of Horace Dixon.

I love the Bradford pick. Although, who would have thought that so many of the top QB's are still left after the first round. I thought for sure Clausen would have gone in the first round. I know it would be a gamble, but I wonder if the Rams thought Clausen would be available for the 33 pick if they would have taken Suh number one and taken Clausen at 33. I know Bradford is better and I definitely like him better, but would they have been willing to take a step down for Clausen if they could have gotten Suh. Clausen has played in the pro offense and Suh may be one of those guys that doesn't come around but once every ten years or so.

Overall, I think Bradford is good to rebuild this Rams team. I am assuming they take a WR for the 33rd pick?

This is QB's league, and there are some good QB's left.

BTW, anyone else hate this Primetime coverage of the draft this year? I realize it's all about money, but having to wait to the next night for the second round to start really sucks.

I love the Bradford pick. Although, who would have thought that so many of the top QB's are still left after the first round. I thought for sure Clausen would have gone in the first round. I know it would be a gamble, but I wonder if the Rams thought Clausen would be available for the 33 pick if they would have taken Suh number one and taken Clausen at 33. I know Bradford is better and I definitely like him better, but would they have been willing to take a step down for Clausen if they could have gotten Suh. Clausen has played in the pro offense and Suh may be one of those guys that doesn't come around but once every ten years or so.

Overall, I think Bradford is good to rebuild this Rams team. I am assuming they take a WR for the 33rd pick?

This is QB's league, and there are some good QB's left.

BTW, anyone else hate this Primetime coverage of the draft this year? I realize it's all about money, but having to wait to the next night for the second round to start really sucks.

I'm glad you know that Bradford is better then Clausen. Come back in 2 years and we'll see.

I say the Rams take Claussen with #33

I'd take Claussen with 33 and let them fight it out and trade one of them or if the Rams O line is no better I would keep one on the shelf-ready.

I would have dropped my Rams tickets if they had traded away #1

In a couple of years we could be as good as Detroit

I'm not thrilled about the Bradford pick at all. Suh is the closest thing to a sure thing this draft had to offer, and we could have taken him first overall and taken Clausen to start the second round. If he went in the first round, we could have gone to the free agent market; somebody like Jason Campbell could have been a fine plug until we get our next franchise QB.

Instead, Bradford is going to spend the first part of his career getting pounded and probably never turn into the future of the franchise like people expect.

I've seen a lot of coverage about what a horrible drafting team the Cleveland Browns have been for the past decade, but the Rams have a case to be right there with them, if not the second-worst. When you go back and look at our draft history, it's downright embarrassing:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

I hope we do some serious damage in rounds 2-7 and make some smart picks for once.

I like the Bradford pick. I think our line is improving. Offensive lines take a while, the best ones are the ones that have been together a long time. We now need a big strong possession receiver or a tight end that can catch like the kid from Florida.

What did the Redskins give up for McNabb, an 2nd round pick. We could have had McNabb and Suh. McNabb could give you a few years allowing you time to find your qb of the future and groom him.

As it stands now if I could trade for the NYG defensive lineman, I would, and I'd look to get LaFells with my next pick even if I had to trade up to get him.

I like the Bradford pick. I think our line is improving. Offensive lines take a while, the best ones are the ones that have been together a long time. We now need a big strong possession receiver or a tight end that can catch like the kid from Florida.

What did the Redskins give up for McNabb, an 2nd round pick. We could have had McNabb and Suh. McNabb could give you a few years allowing you time to find your qb of the future and groom him.

As it stands now if I could trade for the NYG defensive lineman, I would, and I'd look to get LaFells with my next pick even if I had to trade up to get him.

I would have been absolutely thrilled with that situation.

we could have taken him first overall and taken Clausen to start the second round

Exactly!...... but who would have thought Tebow goes before Clausen and he'd still be around in the second. That would have been great to skip on Bradford and get those two. Hopefully Bradford makes me eat my words, I hope he turns out to be the real deal, but Suh and Clausen would have been niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I would have been absolutely thrilled with that situation.

I wouldn't have. You still wouldn't have the ability to take somone like Benn in the second round and in a couple years you would need to look to replace McNabb. Quick fixes don't work when you are as bad as the Rams are.

I'm glad you know that Bradford is better then Clausen. Come back in 2 years and we'll see.

Yes, we will see. You never truly know these things.

I do know Bradford outperformed Clausen at the combines and during their workouts with teams. They say Bradford is a better athlete. He was all state in football, basketball, and baseball. And Bradford is several inches taller. Clausen played in a pro offense and put up huge numbers. However, Bradford was a more accurate passer in college.

The shoulder thing scares me about Bradford, but comparable surgeries with other athletes and they say the player came back stronger. Clausen was bred to be an NFL player. His Dad bred him from the time he was a kid. However, they say he is a bit of a prima donna. He also has had a couple off the field altercations. I'm a Notre Dame football fan and I'll still take Bradford.

Willie, I am guessing you like Clausen better from your email. Curious why 32 teams didn't take him in the first round?

Like I said, had the Rams known, the package of Suh and Clausen could have been awesome. But, that would have been a gamble.

Much of the draft is a crap shoot, but with all the due diligence done by the teams, most had Bradford above Clausen.

Yes, we will see. You never truly know these things.

I do know Bradford outperformed Clausen at the combines and during their workouts with teams. They say Bradford is a better athlete. He was all state in football, basketball, and baseball. And Bradford is several inches taller. Clausen played in a pro offense and put up huge numbers. However, Bradford was a more accurate passer in college.

The shoulder thing scares me about Bradford, but comparable surgeries with other athletes and they say the player came back stronger. Clausen was bred to be an NFL player. His Dad bred him from the time he was a kid. However, they say he is a bit of a prima donna. He also has had a couple off the field altercations. I'm a Notre Dame football fan and I'll still take Bradford.

Willie, I am guessing you like Clausen better from your email. Curious why 32 teams didn't take him in the first round?

Like I said, had the Rams known, the package of Suh and Clausen could have been awesome. But, that would have been a gamble.

Much of the draft is a crap shoot, but with all the due diligence done by the teams, most had Bradford above Clausen.

I don't believe either one worked out at the combine. Tonka I don't have a preference .Quarterbacks are such a crap shoot. I would have taken Suh and whoever dropped to the second round.

I wouldn't have. You still wouldn't have the ability to take somone like Benn in the second round and in a couple years you would need to look to replace McNabb. Quick fixes don't work when you are as bad as the Rams are.

Taking a proven vet isn't neccessarily a quick fix. McNabb is proven and could help groom your next qb while giving you a few good years. I think Suh will be a game changer on the defensive line. He would make Long better also. I like defensive smash mouth football ala Pittsburgh, so I'd have love to have gotten Suh.

With all that said, Bradford should be a very good qb, so I certainly won't complain. There's probably a good reason I'm not paid to run an NFL team.

I've seen a lot of coverage about what a horrible drafting team the Cleveland Browns have been for the past decade, but the Rams have a case to be right there with them, if not the second-worst. When you go back and look at our draft history, it's downright embarrassing:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

I hope we do some serious damage in rounds 2-7 and make some smart picks for once.

It only takes a few drafts with picks like Adam Carriker over Darrelle Revis, combined with bad FA signings (I'm looking at you, Drew Bennett) to send a franchise completely down the toilet. (How the Zygmunt brain trust was smart enough to take SJ in 2004, I'll never know) Fortunately, Devaney wasn't the GM for those awful drafts, and last year's draft was pretty solid. If we can put another solid class together in the next couple of days and maybe add a FA or two, I think we could win five games this year. I realize that's not terribly impressive, but it's light years ahead of where we were last year.

Taking a proven vet isn't neccessarily a quick fix. McNabb is proven and could help groom your next qb while giving you a few good years. I think Suh will be a game changer on the defensive line. He would make Long better also. I like defensive smash mouth football ala Pittsburgh, so I'd have love to have gotten Suh.

With all that said, Bradford should be a very good qb, so I certainly won't complain. There's probably a good reason I'm not paid to run an NFL team.

As a Sooner fan, you've probably seen a lot more of him than the rest of us. Is he at all mobile?

With regards to Suh, having him and Clausen would have been pretty nice, but I don't think most people thought he'd still be on the board for us at 33. Some were even thinking McCoy would have been off the board as well, and that would have left us with Pike or LeFevour or someone in that class.

At DT, the coaching staff is sounding like they're very high on Dorrell Scott, so maybe he and Clifton Ryan can develop into a good combo.

As a Sooner fan, you've probably seen a lot more of him than the rest of us. Is he at all mobile?

With regards to Suh, having him and Clausen would have been pretty nice, but I don't think most people thought he'd still be on the board for us at 33. Some were even thinking McCoy would have been off the board as well, and that would have left us with Pike or LeFevour or someone in that class.

At DT, the coaching staff is sounding like they're very high on Dorrell Scott, so maybe he and Clifton Ryan can develop into a good combo.

He is mobile, and would be very capable of taking off like say Colt does, it just doesn't seem to be in his nature though. Personally, I think he's going to be good, and possibly real good. However, every time I say that, I'm haunted by the memory of typing Dwayne Polk is going to be good.

Hell, how do any of us basement scouts have a clue, when people who have been involved in the game all their life and make big dollars to assess the players for a living miss quite often.

He is mobile, and would be very capable of taking off like say Colt does, it just doesn't seem to be in his nature though. Personally, I think he's going to be good, and possibly real good. However, every time I say that, I'm haunted by the memory of typing Dwayne Polk is going to be good.

Hell, how do any of us basement scouts have a clue, when people who have been involved in the game all their life and make big dollars to assess the players for a living miss quite often.

For whatever reason, I have watched and read a ton about Bradford. I have a great feeling about him. Like Willie and I discussed, QB's are a crap shoot. From what I have seen Bradford is more mobile than people think. Didn't Bradford play in shotgun? I think that will only question mark. Oh, and the shoulder, which they say is fine.

As much as the draft is a crap shoot, the Rams cannot afford blunders with their picks this year.

For whatever reason, I have watched and read a ton about Bradford. I have a great feeling about him. Like Willie and I discussed, QB's are a crap shoot. From what I have seen Bradford is more mobile than people think. Didn't Bradford play in shotgun? I think that will only question mark. Oh, and the shoulder, which they say is fine.

As much as the draft is a crap shoot, the Rams cannot afford blunders with their picks this year.

I agree with qb's being a crapshoot.

Which is why I'd have traded for McNabb, looked for my qb elsewhere and drafted Suh #1. Like I said though, I don't mind the Bradford pick and do believe he will be good.