Nike World Summit

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Loe were going to Duke or UNC or Kansas I think he might struggle a little bit Freshman year. But because of his size and shooting touch, I don't know if his strength will make that much of a difference in the A-10. I don't expect him to be dominant and I'm not sure he will start, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were first-team all conference.

But I would like to see him play for the Billikens first.

Dude, you are all over the place on your analysis.

Dude, you are all over the place on your analysis.

I don't think so. I'm expecting maybe 9 points a game coming off the bench. Just because I thought your predictions were a little lofty doesn't mean I think he isn't going to be good.

The point is, people get so high on a kid because they read some stuff online, then they get completely down because of ten minutes in one game against the best players in the world.

I thought Loe would be a solid contributor when he committed and I still think that. He won't be Demarcus Cousins but he won't be a stiff either.

Not trying to crack on the guy, trying to give objective analysis. Granted, it's a very limited sample size. And what's so bad about "serviceable?" Seemed like he was overmatched for the competition, but this was clearly the highest level of 18 year old competition to be found.

Might turn out to be very good, time and his work ethic/coachability will tell.

Majerus said he was the best center prospect IN THE WORLD. I trust him more than the entire fountain of basketball knowledge on this board times ten.

Where did he say that? And there is no way that is true, sorry. Unless he means non-american players and even then it is questionable.

My bad, I meant to put first team all-freshman. I see where I confused you.

Gotcha, but you do suggest he will score 9 points a game.

I said 10 and you told me to take it easy.....

The next point is not necessarily directed at you, but I don't think people realize that Loe and Kanter were playing the same position. Enes Kanter, a Kentucky recruit, broke the scoring record last night.

Yes, Rob Loe is not as good as Kanter, but I still think he is going to be a superstar.

Gotcha, but you do suggest he will score 9 points a game.

I said 10 and you told me to take it easy.....

The next point is not necessarily directed at you, but I don't think people realize that Loe and Kanter were playing the same position. Enes Kanter, a Kentucky recruit, broke the scoring record last night.

Yes, Rob Loe is not as good as Kanter, but I still think he is going to be a superstar.

If I had to do a prediction for PPG and RPG I would go with..

9 and 5

13 and 7

15 and 8

16 and 10

So I guess those aren't too different than yours.

Usually a kid like this would be one of SLU's leading scorers as a freshman, but I'm not so sure he will be next year. It just shows that the talent level at SLU is rising.

The hilarious thing is that if Loe would've knocked down the three he attempted the conversation about this game would be completely different. I know that everyone wanted our recruit to come in and dominate the game and score 35 like Kanter, but it didn't happen. Get over it, and make no judgments about his game, because there are none to be taken from such a forum. The supposition that you can tell that he's not ready to contribute because of watching this game are about the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on this board. (Sorry, Thicks and the rest of you, but it's true) The posts guaranteeing him a Billiken Hall of Fame plaque are equally ridiculous, but I can forgive them because they are merely responses to all the haters. I will wait until November when we can see him play for a longer stretch of time with a team that actually runs a well drilled offense to make my analysis on Rob Loe's game. I will say that he was able to run the floor from one end to the other, which is a good sign.

The hilarious thing is that if Loe would've knocked down the three he attempted the conversation about this game would be completely different. I know that everyone wanted our recruit to come in and dominate the game and score 35 like Kanter, but it didn't happen. Get over it, and make no judgments about his game, because there are none to be taken from such a forum. The supposition that you can tell that he's not ready to contribute because of watching this game are about the most ridiculous posts I've ever read on this board. (Sorry, Thicks and the rest of you, but it's true) The posts guaranteeing him a Billiken Hall of Fame plaque are equally ridiculous, but I can forgive them because they are merely responses to all the haters. I will wait until November when we can see him play for a longer stretch of time with a team that actually runs a well drilled offense to make my analysis on Rob Loe's game. I will say that he was able to run the floor from one end to the other, which is a good sign.

Sure I guaranteed it, but I thought it was obvious I was be deliberately over zealous.

Also, I did notice that he was able to run very well, unlike our previous 7 footer......

Sure I guaranteed it, but I thought it was obvious I was be deliberately over zealous.

Also, I did notice that he was able to run very well, unlike our previous 7 footer......

I bet he will be listed closer to 6'10" when he becomes a billiken.

This is one thread where I hope players don't read the board.

Agree.

Some of you guys are brutal.

The international "bigs" Turk Kanter, the Serb, The Montenegro-guy, were 5 star players, Kanter looks to be another Cousins, maybe even better on "O".

The International coach played to win, close game, how do you take them out?

Loe simply did not get much of a chance at all.

In this game, it is not an issue at all.

Loe should be exceptional, 7 footer, good feet and hands, will be a freshman starter, immediate contributions, if he improves a Billiken HOF type player.

And some of you guys are questioning him based upon the Nike Game? WTF? Don't write stuff like that! :angry:

Agree.

The international "bigs" Turk Kanter, the Serb, The Montenegro-guy, were 5 star players, Kanter looks to be another Cousins, maybe even better on "O".

Loe should be exceptional, 7 footer, good feet and hands, will be a freshman starter, immediate contributions, if he improves a Billiken HOF type player.

And some of you guys are questioning him based upon the Nike Game? WTF? Don't write stuff like that! :angry:

I agree w/ Steve, but hopefully these kids have been told and realize we're all a bunch of hacks and plain ol' hoop junkies.

That is the cause of the disappointment. Loe is suppose to be at the same level as a McDonald's All American and that did not show last night. He may be fine but, last night it did not show. That is all thicks and myself are saying.

Assuming you are agreeing with thicks' statement that he will not start and will be less than the top-four in scoring (basically this is saying he will average equal or less than 6 points a game) then you are saying much more than that. He certainly wasn't a standout in this game but I would not say he had no business being there. I thought he moved up and down the floor at a good pace, had a very quick release from the arc, set some very effective high-ball screens and rolled quickly to the wing and had good court awareness. I think he will need to get stronger if he plans on taking the ball up in the paint. He looked a little soft but I am able to keep in perspective who he is playing with and against.

The fact that anyone is drawing these types of conclusions on ten minutes of playing time with limited touches is ridiculous. Thicks, you are basing your opinions on one game, much less, ten minutes of playing time in the most prestigious high school game in the WORLD. I cannot believe you cannot see the value in being selected to play in this game over the limited performance itself. Seems very narrow-minded and rash.

Loe will be a significant contributor and we will be very happy that he chose to come to SLU. End of story.

Guest BillikenReport

Some of this stuff here is crazy.

I hope people realize that the level of talent on Loe's team and the USA team last night is superior to much of what he will play against next season.

How many big guys in the A-10 right now are better than Enes Kanter and Jared Sullinger?

If you take the rosters of the two McDonald's All-American teams and have tryouts to pick the 10 best, that's basically what the US team was last night. One exception was probably Illini recruit Meyers Leonard, who was an injury replacement -- and if he had signed with the Billikens, he'd be the best recruit for SLU since Larry Hughes.

We know Loe can shoot the 3-pointer. Look up his numbers from the World Championships. He shot 62 percent! He might be the best perimeter shooter on the team next year. The fact that he is willing to drive to the basket will really help SLU as well and open things up for his teammates. No doubt he needs to get stronger -- so does everyone on SLU's team right now and probably 99 percent of the players in college basketball.

I still think you will see Loe either starting (with Ellis at the small forward spot) or be the first big guy off the bench (behind Ellis) and playing 20-25 minutes per game. I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 10 points a game, which would be making a big impact on a team that returns everybody from last year.

Agree.

The insanity of this board drives me crazy--MB you are 100% right in that these types of games are terrible for any type of real evaluation of an individuals ability to contribute to a team like the Bills with an excellent coach who will mold him into an excellent player. The same group that is complaining said that Christian was terrible on defense, etc. Yet, even in a half year, with some real dedication on the part of Christian and some excellent coaching he became a really good defender. Loe will benefit from the excellent coaching he will get from our staff and the extra strength he will build as part of our weight lifting program. He is not yet even in college and we all know that bigs generally take a lot more time to develop. Think about Ian! I predict that by next March our young Mr. Loe will be an real contributor to our team's efforts to push for a postseason berth. He will fit in perfectly with our team and it will be fun to watch him develop and improve.

I agree w/ Steve, but hopefully these kids have been told and realize we're all a bunch of hacks and plain ol' hoop junkies.

These kind of threads amaze me. Nothing that Loe did in last night's game was enough for anybody to draw any conclusions good or bad about this kid. HE HARDLY TOUCHED THE BALL!

There is certainly more evidence that he will be an impact player for the Billikens as opposed to not based upon what he has done up to this point.

Most on this board are pretty high on CE and they should be, but I can tell you that CE would have been dominated in that game last night. Those type of games don't suit players like CE and RL very well.

RM has history of working with big men and especially international big men. RM will work his magic on RM like he has other international bigs. RL will practice with our team and yes I do believe he will be the missing piece to make us an NCAA team. Nobody said he would carry the team to the NCAA but he will be a missing piece of it.

I don't expect him to be dominant and I'm not sure he will start, but I wouldn't be surprised if he were first-team all freshman in the conference.

What? Go back and look at the all-freshman teams in the past and tell me if you think they were dominant. Then revise your statement accordingly.

What? Go back and look at the all-freshman teams in the past and tell me if you think they were dominant. Then revise your statement accordingly.

I don't think Chris Braswell or Lasan Kromah were dominant and they made All-atlantic ten freshman team.

I don't think Chris Braswell or Lasan Kromah were dominant and they made All-atlantic ten freshman team.

Yeah, Braswell nearly averaged a double-double (he had 266 rebs and WR had 278 for comparison) and Kromah average 11.8 PPG with 62 steals (oh and had a 3 point shooting percentage nearing KM) and played the second most number of minutes. Yeah, you are right these guys are pretty questionable.

Again, do your homework and go revise your statement.

The other players on the team faced the same opponents and did not struggle as he did. I'm saying that he is not as ready to play at a level that makes him the savior some said he will be next year. Time will tell.

Who is saying he is the savior? This is a tournament team without him and has a good chance to be a top 25 team with him. He will makes a better, but I don't think anyone thinks he is a savior.

And the other 3 post players will likely be playing in the NBA or for millions in their home country within 2 years. People need to get a grip here and realize that Loe is not a "serviceable" player. This was an elite level of competition, not some regional or city-wide all-star game.

I think both Kanter and Barnes good play right now in the NBA and start. That Serb/Spanish kid and Irving aren't that far away either.

I feel sorry for Romar losing Kanter.

Yeah, Braswell nearly averaged a double-double (he had 266 rebs and WR had 278 for comparison) and Kromah average 11.8 PPG with 62 steals (oh and had a 3 point shooting percentage nearing KM) and played the second most number of minutes. Yeah, you are right these guys are pretty questionable.

Again, do your homework and go revise your statement.

Maybe you should go look up the definition of dominate and go revise your statement.

I saw every guy on the all-rookie team play multiple times and none of them (except maybe Gaston) could be considered close to dominant.