OT - End of an Era

Will someone please explain to me why the Rams message boards are all so anti-Bradford and pro-Suh? This team desperately needs a top-flight QB prospect to move forward in a QB-driven league. Last summer, prior to his injury, Bradford was everyone's consensus top pick. A sprained a/c joint is not a major long-term injury (I had it 10 years ago). Bradford is supposedly fully healed and stronger than before. To me, this pick is a no-brainer. If they can find a highly-rated WR with the 33rd pick, the Rams offense could get real exciting real fast.

Will someone please explain to me why the Rams message boards are all so anti-Bradford and pro-Suh? This team desperately needs a top-flight QB prospect to move forward in a QB-driven league. Last summer, prior to his injury, Bradford was everyone's consensus top pick. A sprained a/c joint is not a major long-term injury (I had it 10 years ago). Bradford is supposedly fully healed and stronger than before. To me, this pick is a no-brainer. If they can find a highly-rated WR with the 33rd pick, the Rams offense could get real exciting real fast.

can Bulger play for someone else if he is retiring like Brett Favre did?

Can the rams block enough to protect any quarteback?

can Bulger play for someone else if he is retiring like Brett Favre did?

Can the rams block enough to protect any quarteback?

The Rams o-line is actually much improved from a few years ago. What hurts them is a lack of WRs and backup RB.

The Rams o-line is actually much improved from a few years ago. What hurts them is a lack of WRs and backup RB.

Could not agree more, if the Rams do not improve at WR then it won't really matter who the QB is.

Agree, after Bradford, then need a good WR with some size.

Should be able to get one with the 2nd round pick, the kid from Illinois or the USC guy.

If we keep Baron and he plays like last yr, OL should be OK... assuming Jason Smith is OK... worried about that concussion.

They need a lot of players, this yr will still be abt 4 wins if everything goes well.

WE coulda got enough players this yr to compete but the labor mess stopped 200+ free agents from being avail.

Probably because Suh is a defensive talent that doesn't come along every year and the already-fragile Bradford is going to get pummeled and could therefore have a Bulger-like career.

I hope I'm wrong but when have the Rams done anything in the draft in the past decade that would make anyone feel otherwise (Steven Jackson excepted)? We have the first pick- take the best player and you can't screw it up. Suh is the best player.

Probably because Suh is a defensive talent that doesn't come along every year and the already-fragile Bradford is going to get pummeled and could therefore have a Bulger-like career.

I hope I'm wrong but when have the Rams done anything in the draft in the past decade that would make anyone feel otherwise (Steven Jackson excepted)? We have the first pick- take the best player and you can't screw it up. Suh is the best player.

I'm a lot more optimistic about the team's player selection acumen with Devaney at the helm. Last year's draft - the team's first with Devaney at GM - was pretty solid. The first four picks - Jason Smith, Laurinaitis, Bradley Fletcher and Dorrell Scott - were all solid picks. The only pick you could really argue with was Brooks Foster in the fifth, and even that's just a fifth round pick.