Reid's Coach - "We couldn't be happier with ... Majerus"

I mentioned a few times that too many people were speculating about whether anyone would have to be pushed out to make room for Rob Loe. Some people agreed with me. A few others, whose names will go unmentioned, basically called me naive and refuse to believe anyone would leave this school voluntarily. I think some people should read this article.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010...erring_from_slu

Reid is out of town on vacation with his family and wasn't available to comment, Schuler said.

Saint Louis coach Rick Majerus was in Topeka on Thursday to meet with Reid and his family.

"Jeff is a great young man, a terrific student and a wonderful teammate," Majerus said in a statement released by SLU. "He played with passion and I can appreciate his wanting to be closer to home. We wish Jeff well. His family and I will forever remain friends. Wherever Jeff decides to go to school, that coach and Jeff's teammates will be lucky to have him on board."

Schuler said Reid's departure from the Billikens' program was a clean break.

"We couldn't be happier with Saint Louis and coach Majerus," Schuler said. "It was a mutual agreement. There's no ill feelings either way or feelings that Jeff was pushed out."

I mentioned a few times that too many people were speculating about whether anyone would have to be pushed out to make room for Rob Loe. Some people agreed with me. A few others, whose names will go unmentioned, basically called me naive and refuse to believe anyone would leave this school voluntarily. I think some people should read this article.

http://cjonline.com/sports/basketball/2010...erring_from_slu

Reid is out of town on vacation with his family and wasn't available to comment, Schuler said.

Saint Louis coach Rick Majerus was in Topeka on Thursday to meet with Reid and his family.

"Jeff is a great young man, a terrific student and a wonderful teammate," Majerus said in a statement released by SLU. "He played with passion and I can appreciate his wanting to be closer to home. We wish Jeff well. His family and I will forever remain friends. Wherever Jeff decides to go to school, that coach and Jeff's teammates will be lucky to have him on board."

Schuler said Reid's departure from the Billikens' program was a clean break.

"We couldn't be happier with Saint Louis and coach Majerus," Schuler said. "It was a mutual agreement. There's no ill feelings either way or feelings that Jeff was pushed out."

Jeff seemed like too good of a kid and too hard of a worker for Majerus not to bond with him. Both blue collar guys, good families. I do wish Jeff the best and hope whatever team he plays for doesn't play us! Kid can shoot the lights out.

Jeff seemed like too good of a kid and too hard of a worker for Majerus not to bond with him. Both blue collar guys, good families. I do wish Jeff the best and hope whatever team he plays for doesn't play us! Kid can shoot the lights out.

I agree 100%, but no one can be sure what happens behind close doors. Where was Majerus going to get the scholarship if Reid doesn't transfer?

I agree 100%, but no one can be sure what happens behind close doors. Where was Majerus going to get the scholarship if Reid doesn't transfer?

Not saying you can't be right, but have you ever considered the notion that Rick knew Reid wasn't coming back months ago and recruited Loe knowing he'd have an extra scholarship?

I'd hate to think Majerus showed him the door, but if it was mutual, Reid probably didn't put up a fight. Often, coaches will do this in the best interest of a player. Majerus wouldn't have recruited him if he didn't think he could play. Circumstances being as they may, his injury probably opened the door for Loe.

Not saying you can't be right, but have you ever considered the notion that Rick knew Reid wasn't coming back months ago and recruited Loe knowing he'd have an extra scholarship?

The other question mark is Femi - can he heal after two knee surgeries this year and the busted knee cap last year. He has to be limited in some ways. I am not saying he won't recover but just because he is young doesn't mean that he is not feeling the effects of his injuries.

I'd hate to think Majerus showed him the door, but if it was mutual, Reid probably didn't put up a fight. Often, coaches will do this in the best interest of a player. Majerus wouldn't have recruited him if he didn't think he could play. Circumstances being as they may, his injury probably opened the door for Loe.

Give Majerus the benefit of the doubt the doors are not closed to him; he was right in there with the team and feeling what was going on.

You would not want a coach who was totally oblivious to his players's problems.

Go Ichabods, baby.

Pure speculation, but since JR did not return for the Spring semester it seems logical his concussion has not fully healed or he's still suffering after effects. Also, his parents may well have said "we'd like you closer to home" in the event of a reoccurance or relapse. This didn't seem to be a slight concussion. Poor kid couldn't even be in a lighted room for like 2 weeks w/o getting a headache.