Jeff Reid to transfer

Guest BillikenReport

This site is quick

http://www.slubillikens.com/sports/m-baskb.../040110aaa.html

April 1, 2010

Saint Louis University head men's basketball coach Rick Majerus announced today that freshman guard Jeff Reid (Topeka, Kan. / Hayden) has decided to transfer to another school. Reid has indicated to the Billiken coaching staff he would like to play closer to home.

"Jeff is a great young man, a terrific student and a wonderful teammate," Majerus said. "He played with passion, and I can appreciate his wanting to be closer to home. We wish Jeff well. His family and I will forever remain friends. Wherever Jeff decides to go to school, that coach and Jeff's teammates will be lucky to have him on board."

Reid played in five of the first six games for the Billikens but did not play after the Notre Dame game due to an injury.

Guest BillikenReport

Here's the press release:

Jeff Reid to Transfer From SLU

Played in five games for the Billikens

ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis University head men’s basketball coach Rick Majerus announced today that freshman guard Jeff Reid (Topeka, Kan. / Hayden) has decided to transfer to another school. Reid has indicated to the Billiken coaching staff he would like to play closer to home.

“Jeff is a great young man, a terrific student and a wonderful teammate,” Majerus said. “He played with passion, and I can appreciate his wanting to be closer to home. We wish Jeff well. His family and I will forever remain friends. Wherever Jeff decides to go to school, that coach and Jeff’s teammates will be lucky to have him on board.”

Reid played in five of the first six games for the Billikens but did not play after the Notre Dame game due to an injury.

-end-

Best of luck to Jeff. It would have been great to have him in the mix with the Bills.

I vote we suspend Roy's account for a few days to avoid the coming "end of times" pissing match......

I am sorry to see Reid go especially due to such a wild injury......

God, I hope he is transferring under his own decision.

That would be a ###### move.

I've seen this coming for awhile. I know everybody reacts to concussions differently, but I just see the way that whole thing went down (i.e. never even attempting to come back for school and/or games) and I just thought he didn't want to be here. Based on the way Rick was quoted, I feel he left on his own. The guy was getting a lot of playing time among the frosh and looked like he could be a big contributer before he went down. Best of luck to the kid.

God, I hope he is transferring under his own decision.

That would be a ###### move.

You know this question was asked of May (our AD) some time ago that if he was not physically able to play again SLU would cover the scholarship. I hope he can still play because if he can't he be throwing away a nice piece of change.

I've seen this coming for awhile. I know everybody reacts to concussions differently, but I just see the way that whole thing went down (i.e. never even attempting to come back for school and/or games) and I just thought he didn't want to be here. Based on the way Rick was quoted, I feel he left on his own. The guy was getting a lot of playing time among the frosh and looked like he could be a big contributer before he went down. Best of luck to the kid.

I agree.

Don't suspend Roy. He's a huge Billiken fan and a good guy. He has his own thoughts and opinions. And while they aren't uniform to the majority of posters on here, that's what makes this board so unique. We are lucky to have Roy.

Don't suspend Roy. He's a huge Billiken fan and a good guy. He has his own thoughts and opinions. And while they aren't uniform to the majority of posters on here, that's what makes this board so unique. We are lucky to have Roy.

Are you Roy's son or nephew??

Best of luck to Jeff. It would have been great to have him in the mix with the Bills.

I wonder where he'll end up... Wichita St would be the obvious choice. His brother played for Kansas St, so I wonder if Frank Martin would take him.

WE ARE?!?!?!

I wish Roy would go away with all the other Majerus bashers. He is the greatest thing to ever happen to SLU basketball.

Roy and I are affiliated by our love of SLU basketball. We are Billiken Brethren.

You don't own that title, most of us on this board love SLU basketball I have been a follower since '73. I am glad that Roy speaks his mind, that is whats good about this board. i just happen to disagree with most of what he has to say, especially about RM