a couple of obervations from last night's game

1) we did not match up well against them. they had too much athleticism and quickness in the 2, 3, and 4 slots. we only matched up well with Mitchell, Reed and Remekun when he was in the game

2) because of problem #1, they were able to beat us to the basket for some easy shots, especially in the second half .

3) We need at least one more good ball handler. i held my breath everytime someone other than KM brought the ball up court against their press.

4) from what i've read about mccall and evans, they would have been able to match up well against vcu

5) we got worn down in the secondhalf. as the half progressed, you could see the game slipping away

6) give vcu credit, i can see how they won 26? games. they had some guys coming off the bench who were as athletic and talented as the starters

VCU also was a lot more physical and got away with a lot of grabbing and hand checking. There was one instance where WR was actually hugged by his defender. Hopefully, games against these type of teams will toughen up the Bills who have to play more physical to compete. Also, last night there needed to be more attempts to drive the ball at the basket. when the perimeter shots fail attack the basket and hope for fouls.

1) we did not match up well against them. they had too much athleticism and quickness in the 2, 3, and 4 slots. we only matched up well with Mitchell, Reed and Remekun when he was in the game2) because of problem #1, they were able to beat us to the basket for some easy shots, especially in the second half .

3) We need at least one more good ball handler. i held my breath everytime someone other than KM brought the ball up court against their press.

4) from what i've read about mccall and evans, they would have been able to match up well against vcu

5) we got worn down in the secondhalf. as the half progressed, you could see the game slipping away

6) give vcu credit, i can see how they won 26? games. they had some guys coming off the bench who were as athletic and talented as the starters

Therein lies the key.

I'm a long time Billiken fan but new to the boards. I'm in NC and have followed the ACC for fifty years. I have some ties to StL and I'll leave it at that. My guess is that with the talent problems over the past several years, players such as Cassity and Salecich represent an increase in talent over previous years. The talent/athleticism level has to be increased further to get the Bills to national prominence and the NCAA Tourney. Not knocking the two young men at all. Seem like good guys and hard workers. Hope they become great. I don't see them progressing past the "serviceable" level, though.