Cassity's game last night

Good one Roy did you call coach Wooten to compare notes?

Seriously, lets pick an era pre the 3pt line/and shot clock to make your point.

The point is that you won't find these non-offensive threats in the past 10 years. Its like SS's or infielders

that were all glove and no pop in baseball. Different eras.

Players in todays college basketball now all "got game".

Keep the glue on the bench.

Just as I thought, you know better than RM.

these guys busting KC's balls crack me up. KC's major downfall is his lack off aggressiveness, otherwise, the kid does a heckuva lot things on the court pretty damn well.

For all the "we won't make the NCAA with guys like KC" talk, if we had Ellis all year, we would have been darn close to making the tourney.

Roy in retrospect, you do bring up a good point about "glue" guys.

It got me to think in todays game who are we talking about? My first thought was

Butler and Ronald Nored.

This guy rarely shoots. In fact, I think he was 17% from 3pt line when he hit that

shot against Syracuse. If you look at his stats, he played 1001 minutes, out of the

starters, he had the least FG attempts.

His assist to turnover ratio 125 - 65 - pretty damn good.

His FT attempts - 116 - a tad better than 22 wouldn't you agree?

And if you watched the game against KSU it was his key drives to the bucket while

everyone else was focused on Mack & Howard.

See I don't see KC as a glue guy. I see him as a great 6th man/utility roll player.

all you KC bashers, what do you think our record would be without him? Do you think we have 20 wins? Hell no. 18 wins, maybe but i doubt it. Sounds like the good old Sodie days don't you think? KC is in my lineup. KM would be lost without him. the main reason he plays.

Again, this was my thinking last night. Now after reading everything on here this morning, he is supposedly injured?

What is this mysterious injury? Out of gas? He looked like that and then some. He appeared to not have anything left in the tank--because he is a true hustler and role model for young players, but he also had major lapses in concentration. He just SEEMED to be very indifferent out there last night--which of course hasn't been the case all year. I have been on the fence with Cassity all year--usually being a defender, but last night I was anything but. Lackidasical doesn't begin to describe his effort. Now again if he truly were injured, then I fully give him a pass. I am just not aware of any injury other than being tired. Really? Is tired the reason? That is pretty weak--there were several other basekteball players out there that have been through just as much and didn't suffer the lapses. Maybe it was just an off night, but it was difficult to watch.

I noticed him begin to limp after he was taken to the floor in the first half, which happened on the same possession as and just before Conklin wrapped his arm around VCU's neck and threw him to the floor. Conklin drew all the attention, but Cassity began to limp at that point. Also, in second half shoot around, Cassity was clearly not himself and was favoring one of his legs the whole time.

i just read in tom timmermann's billiken beat blog at stltoday this line, "Mitchell didn’t go to the free throw line in four of SLU’s final six games."

obviously kwamain does not have the ability to create his own shot and has become a detriment to the team. ;)

i just read in tom timmermann's billiken beat blog at stltoday this line, "Mitchell didn’t go to the free throw line in four of SLU’s final six games."

obviously kwamain does not have the ability to create his own shot and has become a detriment to the team. :lol:

What is amazing is that Kyle and Kwaimain drive to the basket a lot and they are often knocked to the floor or shoved into the stands after a shot and yet the fouls are not called. it happened at least 3 time last night. Maybe if we hit the weights we can push back more!

What is amazing is that Kyle and Kwaimain drive to the basket a lot and they are often knocked to the floor or shoved into the stands after a shot and yet the fouls are not called. it happened at least 3 time last night. Maybe if we hit the weights we can push back more!

you are correct. it is amazing the two of them can walk. i hope they both take about two weeks to just rest and settle. but my guess is that both will be in the practice gym shooting free throws and threes tomorrow.