Jon Smith's minutes last night

Anyone else find it interesting that on a night where the team was desperate for healthy bodies and quality minutes, Jon Smith got in the game for about 180 seconds? It wasn't too long ago this kid was starting

I thought the same thing, but I think part of that was the play of CR who clearly had his best game as a Bill.

I thought the same thing, but I think part of that was the play of CR who clearly had his best game as a Bill.

No doubt Skip. CR's tremendous play was surely a factor in JS's lack of minutes but I am wondering if there isn't more going on with JS behind the scenes that we may not know about. I certainly hope all is well because I think this kid has tremendous upside.

Anyone else find it interesting that on a night where the team was desperate for healthy bodies and quality minutes, Jon Smith got in the game for about 180 seconds? It wasn't too long ago this kid was starting

drew, it appears to me that by seasons end the john smith that emerged in january was gone and the one we first saw in november was back. twice last night he lined up on the wrong side of his man on out of bounds plays. only to be prompted by his teamates to switch sides. he ran into willie under the basket once. it's like he forgot the sets.

smith has big time athleticism, but he has to learn to play basketball. right now he is a more of a high jumper than a basketball player.

As bad as we needed players last night and he did not get more playing time than he did, it seems to me that something is happening that we don't know about. I think he has lots of potential but, he may not realize it at SLU. I really hope he is here next year.

drew, it appears to me that by seasons end the john smith that emerged in january was gone and the one we first saw in november was back. twice last night he lined up on the wrong side of his man on out of bounds plays. only to be prompted by his teamates to switch sides. he ran into willie under the basket once. it's like he forgot the sets.

smith has big time athleticism, but he has to learn to play basketball. right now he is a more of a high jumper than a basketball player.

Exactly right.

Smith begs for conditioning and especially coaching. Just have to echo this sentiment.

i think that is because he has lost his confidence. You cannot teach shot-blocking and offensive rebounding like Smith has. Also, he is probably the best finisher on the team. He has made the last two jump shots he took and he was shooting them a lot in warm ups.

I just think that JBT needs his swagger back.

i think that is because he has lost his confidence. You cannot teach shot-blocking and offensive rebounding like Smith has. Also, he is probably the best finisher on the team. He has made the last two jump shots he took and he was shooting them a lot in warm ups.

I just think that JBT needs his swagger back.

He doesnt have a clue on defense but the good thing is he is a freshmen and will get a lot better next year.