Kyle Cassity, the SLU Lightning Rod

Barring injuries I would be willing to bet Kyle will play 25+. He will be in the top three for minutes played. By far the best passer on the team. He won't have to bring the ball up as much next year and will cut down on the stupit turnovers. Rick will not ask him to do as much and he will be more effective.

I can go along with this, and agree on Kyle's ability, as he showed us in the conference season, but on such a talent-loaded team i dont see 25+ min.

What's to say McCall or Evans can't be tremendous passers, while being bigger individual scoring threats? Kyle will be a force to be reckoned with off of the bench. These are good problems to have.

I'm confident Rick will make sure noone comes back as the same player they were.

Interesting how the haters disappear for weeks and mysteriously reappear after the kid plays a poor game while injured and exhausted.

seriously! This board hasn't had a rousing KC argument for a solid month...

kc should start, his minutes will be cut down some, but will lead the team in assists next year. I would hate to see what our record would have been without him. some of you posters are clueless. i think the only they that you watch durng the game is the basketball going through the hoop. and as i have said before, kc makes km a much player also. people are blind.

I can go along with this, and agree on Kyle's ability, as he showed us in the conference season, but on such a talent-loaded team i dont see 25+ min.

What's to say McCall or Evans can't be tremendous passers, while being bigger individual scoring threats? Kyle will be a force to be reckoned with off of the bench. These are good problems to have.

I'm confident Rick will make sure noone comes back as the same player they were.

soderball, as a resident of illinois who has made many trips to the state tourney at year's end, i can attest to the lack of fundamental basketball and in particular defense that chicago basketball produces. no doubt chicago turns out eventual stars. but typically they dont start college at a rickma like program in the best of light because of the never had to play that way background of chicago.

i indeed do expect one or both to be starting and playing major minutes by season end, but i also dont expect either to start from day one due to the catching they will have to do on rickma ball and priorities.

kc should start, his minutes will be cut down some, but will lead the team in assists next year. I would hate to see what our record would have been without him. some of you posters are clueless. i think the only they that you watch durng the game is the basketball going through the hoop. and as i have said before, kc makes km a much player also. people are blind.

Eastside-

How can you call someone blind? You couldnt even see the 80" TVs at sportszone. Bring on McCall!!!

Interesting how the haters disappear for weeks and mysteriously reappear after the kid plays a poor game while injured and exhausted.

Not hating at all. Has nothing to do with a dismal performance last night. The season's over and it's time to look ahead.

There's a widespread sentiment here that the Bills will be an NCAA Tourney team. I'm talking about a "65 team NCAA Tourney" team. I'm saying that, in general, a team will not make the NCAA Tourney starting a tandem like Cassity and Salecich. You might get by with one starting and one in an 8 man rotation, but both have a limited amount of improvement left to make. If Christian was going to be an outside threat, he wouldn't be shooting 20% from three for the year. Major improvement means he shoots 30% next year. Still not good enough. If you can't hit at least 34% from threes, then your hurting your team.

If Kyle is going to give us 10 points a night, he's going to have finish drives, and take/make open looks. These two are serviceable players but their upside has limitations. You've simply got to have more explosive players at these positions to get where you want to go. Hopefully, Evans will be one of those players.

Not hating at all. Has nothing to do with a dismal performance last night. The season's over and it's time to look ahead.

There's a widespread sentiment here that the Bills will be an NCAA Tourney team. I'm talking about a "65 team NCAA Tourney" team. I'm saying that, in general, a team will not make the NCAA Tourney starting a tandem like Cassity and Salecich. You might get by with one starting and one in an 8 man rotation, but both have a limited amount of improvement left to make. If Christian was going to be an outside threat, he wouldn't be shooting 20% from three for the year. Major improvement means he shoots 30% next year. Still not good enough. If you can't hit at least 34% from threes, then your hurting your team.

If Kyle is going to give us 10 points a night, he's going to have finish drives, and take/make open looks. These two are serviceable players but their upside has limitations. You've simply got to have more explosive players at these positions to get where you want to go. Hopefully, Evans will be one of those players.

KC was rated more highly than either Evans or McCall out of high school, yet you expect them to be better as freshman than Kyle as a Junior.

Did you watch either Dayton game or the URI game or the Duquesne games. Those were Kyle Cassity at his best and I bet we see a lot more of that next year.

I think some people forget that the Bills are a team that trys to win with Defense.

They are never going to put up 75/80 points a game.

Cassity is a good fit for this team. He led the team in assissts plays great defense and can knock down the occasional jumper.

When you have scorers like Mitchell, Reed, and Ellis you need a guy to distribute the ball and thats what cassity does.

Very few, if any, NCAA tourney teams have 4 guys scoring in double figures, especially if the teams tries to slow the game down and keep the score low.

All the peole complaining about KC not scoring enough need to step back think a minute.

With the goal to keep the score low who do you want him taking shots away from Reed, Mitchel, or Ellis?

Eastside-

How can you call someone blind? You couldnt even see the 80" TVs at sportszone. Bring on McCall!!!

Nice to hear from you Backrammer. Sorry you missed another game last night. How many games have you seen this year? 2? I take all of your comment with a grain of salt. Start going to the games and maybe I'll listen. And don't tell me you are any more busy than i am at work righ now. BS

All the peole complaining about KC not scoring enough need to step back think a minute.

With the goal to keep the score low who do you want him taking shots away from Reed, Mitchel, or Ellis?

It's not that I want him to hoist ill-advised shots like KM, CE, even CS are prone to do. It just makes me sick when he passes up an open shot or pulls it back out on a drive. Just makes me think of Polk. I hated that Polk had to be out there, but that was because I knew he couldn't shoot. KC CAN shoot.

I really do feel bad that I blew up on KC at the end of the game last night. I like him as a player and I do recognize the other things he does out there. I'm fine w/ him playing the "1" even if he's playing it from the wing. Some of his passes have been amazing and I would rather have KM looking to take his guy one on one than KC. But when the defense disrespects you by not D'ing you up tough, you have to MAKE them respect you by taking those outside shots or taking it to the hoop.

I simply feel the same way about KC as RM did earlier in the year. He can get the sportsmanship award all he wants, but if he doesn't shoot, he's on the bench. He had a bad game last night, but hung tough through injuries, fatigue, etc. Hat's off. I expect the same cumulative numbers and an even better "floor game" from him next year, but he had better play fewer minutes than he was asked to this year.

Now, focusing only on the last game... WTF? He must have just started feeling sorry for himself at some point, to not take a single shot. Look who else played 30+ minutes the last game of the year and didn't take a single shot:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/sa...polk/game_stats

Yep. Dwayne "Double Penetration" Polk. Come on, Kyle. You're better than that. A lot better. Get mean, son. Make me look like an ###### next year.

If you don't hit 34% from 3, you are hurting your team? 33.3 from 3 equals 50% from 2. A nice field goal % for a guard would be 45% which translates to 30% from the 3.

All this talk is silly. KC is a vital component to this team and will be next year. Will he play 33 minutes a game? I hope not, I hope we don't need him to. Does he need to look for his offense a little more? yes, and he will. He got better as the year progressed and will continue to improve.

If Kyle continues to play good defense, move the ball well creating 3-4 assists a game with a good turnover rate, and rebound well for a guard, he will continue to play major minutes. We won't have 5 guys scoring in double figures. Our main offense will be KM, WR, and CE with MM moving into that group with experience. Kyle will have days where he is an offensive threat, but all in all he be a secondary scorer. If he shoots the 3 only as well as he has since conference play began, he'll be a guy that can make the other team pay if they don't pay attention.

Kyle had a poor game last night, and I'm sure a lot of things contributed, including injuries, fatigue, and the athleticism of his opponent. Ok great. Those of you who think he shouldn't be playing a lot are going to be dissapointed and eating crow when we are a tourney team with KC playing at or around 25 minutes per game.

watching the post-game w/ RM, first thing he said was that kyle told him he wanted to play even though he was injured and also told him that because of his injury he couldn't shoot. RM didn't seem to have a problem w/ that. i just don't know what to think about that. sounds like we were just so short off the bench that we had to put a stiff out there. i commend kyle again for hanging tough. barring a bunch of ridiculous injuries again next year, that won't be an issue again.

sorry, kyle. thanks for playing hard.