Tonight is going to be fun

kshoe

into consideration.It's been my complaint all year. Not too hard to have a winning record with the bottom feeders to start the out of conference season and the dregs at the bottom of C-USA this year. UB recognized it and will improve it. As UB said in this morning's P-D, this wasn't an NCAA caliber tourney team and yet a pretty decent overall record.

was the 4 buy teams were terrible instead of just partly bad. Was Brad supposed to know that Butler would be a bust after going to the sweet 16? K-State had one of hte top recruiting classes last year as did SMS. Should he have predicted neither of them to be NIT caliber. The biggest disapointment was Arizona who was a pre-season top 10 caliber team yet turned into only a 9 seed. As for the "dregs of CUSA" we switched one game with Cinci with UAB (both tied for 1st) and one game with Louisville with TCU. We had no control over this change but given that the combined W-L record of the 2 we replaced is only 2 games better than those we replaced with, I can't get upset.

Even with the terrible buy games our strength of schedule ended up 50th in the country. Not exactly bad if you ask me.

Throwing out comments about K-State and SMS' recruiting classes is really lame. Freshman rarely equate to great help AS A CLASS. These aren't the FAB FIVE you're talking about. K-State and SMS didn't make the Dance or the NIT. Ducking out on SIU-C hurt the SOS but also probably was a loss. Butler is hardly a perennial powerhorse - a good scheduling ploy but one I expect us to win.The schedule was weak - period.

Iggy ... I think you know if I could be there ... I would be there ... but I'll be yelling at my TV just a little later ... I have it taped ... I will get home about 7. I will be with every one in spirit though.

Here are some samples to be used for the refs at the game in my absense. Of course these are to be used only if deserved.

Hey (insert name ) The Red Cross thanks you ... I know there is no way your going to keep your check while in training is there.

Hey .. (insert name) It was nice meeting you last week you did an excellent job at my daughters 7th grade game.

Hey ( insert name ) Stop the game ... We've changed our minds ... you can bring your seeing eye dog along for help.

Hey ( insert name ) Steve said thanks for the help ... he'll save you a seat on the bus for the ride back to Iowa.

Lets go Bills ...

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

In 2002-03 we played the 21st hardest schedule according to the RPI. In 2003-04 we played the 50th hardest.

We had no decision making ability on the in-conference schedule so the only beef can be with the out-of conference schedule.

In both years we played SMS, Arizona, Dayton, Grambling, Butler, K-State and West Virginia. There were 4 teams we played in 2002-03 that we did not play in 03-04. They were: St. Bonnaventure, Tennessee Martin, Texas Pan American and SIUC. Tenn Martin and Texas Pan American were replaced with Eastern Kentucky and Savannah St. SIUC was replaced with Georgia Tech. The only bad replacement was North Carolina A&T over St. Bonaventure.

Thus, your complaint about the schedule boils down to 1 freaking game!

If you are such a prognosticator that you knew that changing 1 game would lower our strength of schedule from 21 to 50 then I want you to fill out my brackets because you can predict the future.

I'd be interested to see how the relative strength of the conference (it was stronger this year compared to last season) and the change in the conference scheduling between the seasons may have effected the SOS.

Regardless of that analysis, from a fan's perspective I'd love to see us with a #1 SOS, but from a competitive prespective I'd like a 30-60 range. I think it would have taken at least 2 more wins to be a legitimate bubble team (say DePaul at home and SMS away). I think those wins are possible in the future as the team improves, so a SOS of 50 should not keep us out of the tournament with a 20-10 or maybe a 21-9 record.

to contain my excitement tonight!!!!!! I picked up my tickets earlier as I was relatively close to the area and I am so fired up. I almost dragged the ticket guy through the small opening in the window, because he wasn't as enthused as I am. I hope fans show up tonight. Whoever complained earlier about this being at the Family Arena because of location, should save it! This is a great location. With the new extension open, it's 5 minutes from Westport. Those coming from Illinois can take 70 up. Why the complaining? I read all these posts complaining about the students not finding ways to get to the games when the buses didn't show up. Well, same goes for the fans tonight! Hey, it's post season play, let's show up!

I'm about to turn my desk over I am so excited. I think it's great it's in an arena this size. LEt's get loud and fired up! Go Bills!

sad to say that Marquette cheerleaders HAVE improved since my time there! Though I must say the same about the Baby Blues - if I had a dollar for every person who came up to me in Cincy to ask if a couple of the girls were pregnant or to suggest they drink Bud Light, not Bud, I'd be a wealthy man.

The MU crowd did look pretty good, other than the area behind one basket. My senior year we played in the NIT and only drew 4000 or so against Creighton. Next week I'd imagine MU will have a much bigger crowd.

Anyone remember what SLU's crowd was last year for the Minnesota NIT game? Thought it was between 5,000 and 6,000.

A lot of us thought we'd have a winning record - possibly even better than it was. I liked our talent ok, but we lacked the depth...or at least UB thought we did. I don't see how 7 good players can keep up with 10+ when we see teams the likes of Cincy and Louisville. When the end of our bench is in the same league as the start, then we'll have a program. We will be closer to that ideal next year.

I am sad to say that I will not be able to make it either, as I have a board meeting tonight. I will be a little late as the meeting begins at 6:30, and I plan to watch at least the first half on TV. Go Bills, and everybody that goes I hope you can yell a little extra louder!

to your last set of "facts", please labor back to the recent P-D article when UB admitted the weak schedule was a mistake and he didn't talk about it being just ONE freaking game. AND THAT WAS BRAD'S COMMENT, NOT MINE. Sheesh, the schedule was weak.