Tonight is going to be fun

kshoe

I know some have expressed concern about the situation but look at it like this. We are going to be on national T.V. for only the 2nd time all year. We are going to be playing in an arena that should allow the 6,000 or so fans that show up to make a lot of noise and sound like 10,000 at the Savvis. (On metrotix.com the only remaining $20 seats are in the corners so hopefully that means a decent crowd is showing up)

And for those that always like to bash the athletic department lets give them some credit for taking a tough situation (no arena) and striking a deal with the family arena and with the NIT and with ESPN to get us this game. I know some may be upset that seats weren't awarded on points but I have a feeling the true fans of this program were the first ones in line or on-line on Monday morning and will be sitting in roughly equiavalent seats as what they have in the Savvis.

Now, all we have to do is win the game.

I'll be in the front row of section 105 screaming my a$$ off. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm bringing a buddy of mine who went to Iowa. That should be interesting. This game may give us a small sense of what it might be like in our new smaller on-campus arena in a couple years. Go Bills.

I wish I could go ... but the 6 o:clock start time prevents me from making it. Please make a lot of noise on my behalf. I need someone to fulfill my primary duty as referee's assistant. The job requires on the spot analysis of calls made and/or non calls ... and suggestions for instant corrections. If they are not performing up to par you are required to offer alternative career counseling.

This is a very important and highly prestigous position ... is their someone willing to sacrifice their moral standing in the community to accomplish this job.

If so please respond with your qualifications and a few samples of your work.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman

Skip, just close up shop early and get your butt out there. There are no excuses! Everyone just needs to get 'sick' this afternoon and head out to the game. Reschedule meetings. Close down businesses. If your boss doesn't let you, quit. You don't want to work for him anyway. Get your priorities staight!

It's nice to finally see of excitement from someone about this game.

Sure, it's only the NIT. But who in their right mind thought we would have a winning record this year? Let's be realistic - it is a nice accomplishment to make the NIT and to host a home game.

This is a chance to beat a team that finished fourth in the Big 10 on national television. It would be a great win and possibly (probably) set up a game versus Notre Dame.

I really hope the Billikens show up tonight. Iowa has played close games against some very tough opponents. I hope to see some maturity from this team - come out strong and ready!

On a personal note, tonight will be the first time I've seen the Billikens play in over 2 years!! I don't have cable so I missed the Arizona game. I usually listen to the second halves on the internet. Tonight I'm forcing a friend who has no interest in the Billikens (or the NIT at all) to let me watch this game at his place. DO ME PROUD BILLIKENS!

... what, seven deep, someone said. Why not press them and run them ragged? From what I saw in Cincy, with JFisher, RB, DC, PHunt and AD, we can run five guards at them pretty well. In addition, if they are 6'7" at the tallest that makes CSloan as tall as anyone they can put on the floor. Both IO and IV can, based on their Cincy performances, do some serious damage here. Couple in some spot time for JJ and the RV this looks like a matchup in our favor. Maybe by running, we can avoid any letdown that might exist.

Didn't I see where Coach said TF WOULD be available tonight? Anyone with a status on Tom? Might be best to shut him down and get him into the shop for surgical repairs if that's the path forward.

I will be parked in front of my tube here in MD. What about my SignKid? Got tickets, Steve?

I agree with the above comments. My wife and I will be there in approximately the same location we have in Savvis. Another thought is that this will give us a taste of the atmosphere that might exist at the new on-campus arena. I'm really looking forward to it.

This is also an opportunity for St. Louis County residents to try out the new Page extension. I've heard it drops you off very close to the arena.

You obviously look at us as this little train that could. I don't think we overachieved at all. Guards win in college basketball and we have good guards. If Tom had not been hurt or haveing breathing problems all year I believe we would have made the big show. I'm not saying I'm disappointed in the year,but lets not look at the year as some great accomplishment. Brad was quoted in todays paper saying he didn't think the quality of play was ncaa tournament worthy. He didn't say we didn't have enough takent but the quality of play. I'm glad there is at least one person out there {brad} who is willing to think big.

...last night. That Page Ave Extension (364?) really is convenient to the arena. About 5 miles off 270 and just a mile or so south of the building.

What worries me is getting from SLU at 430 (height of Rush hour) out there. the band will be there, but we may be a tad later than normal game situations.

I hope to watch though....saw Marquette and their crowd was pretty unimpressive, for a program so high above our level.......I do not know the total they had but I bet it was half their usual.

So If the Family arena looks good with a decent crowd we should get a shot at a second round game, which I will make!!

You can insult nearly everyone on the board if you want but you would be totally wrong (less accurate than your picks for SLU this season). The closesness of the majority of the predictors is proof enough. Actually, it is pretty remarkable.

I can assure you I was under no false illusions when I made those picks (limited information maybe).

It amazes (and dissapoints) me that a post cheering the team on for tonight's game receives primarily small-minded "but I knew we would have a winning record" responses to an off-hand comment. It's really pathetic. Congratulations on your presience though!

TRich - I'd love nothing more than to see the Bills make it up to MSG. If not, I'll see them at Fordham in a couple of years!

It is amazing to me that you can continue to insult people for no apparent reason and think everyone should love you for it. If you really meant something else other than TWICE calling nearly every one of the people on the board "not in their right mind", then the simple thing to do would be to apologize.

[big][blink]GO SLU! [/blink][/big]

(BTW, cheering does not translate well to messages but I gave it a shot)