Darrin Young

PLEASE come back next year.

He works hard in practice all season just like everybody else, no schollie, very little playing time, and...

...he comes in and makes two great drives to the basket, both getting fouls. An and one. Makes 3-3 from the line. ;):D

I LOVE IT. I want to see it in October.

Good work Young man (pun intended). Thanks for joining the team.

PLEASE come back next year.

He works hard in practice all season just like everybody else, no schollie, very little playing time, and...

...he comes in and makes two great drives to the basket, both getting fouls. An and one. Makes 3-3 from the line. ;):D

I LOVE IT. I want to see it in October.

Good work Young man (pun intended). Thanks for joining the team.

SLUH kids tend to come through in the clutch. He looks like he will be a very good walk-on for the next three years.

actually the best play that rudy young made tonite wont show in the scorebook. the billikens were having trouble getting it down the floor and mitchell wasnt in the game. cassity had already been forced to pickup his dribble. young came back to the ball, and cassity threw him a horrible low bullet pass and young was in double coverage. rudy caught it off he shins and stepped threw the double team and got it across the line at the 9 second count (i looked up at the shot clock).

that is a monster play for a walkon that hasnt played a significant minute all season until tonite.

that all said, i have to hand it to vcu, they recognized young's speed or lack thereof and 4 straight times down the floor they isolated whomever he was guarding for them to go one on one. i think they scored on all but one of those possessions and then rudy came out.

great moments though for young and nice for him to have a game like that he will be able to look back on later in life.

actually the best play that rudy young made tonite wont show in the scorebook. the billikens were having trouble getting it down the floor and mitchell wasnt in the game. cassity had already been forced to pickup his dribble. young came back to the ball, and cassity threw him a horrible low bullet pass and young was in double coverage. rudy caught it off he shins and stepped threw the double team and got it across the line at the 9 second count (i looked up at the shot clock).

that is a monster play for a walkon that hasnt played a significant minute all season until tonite.

that all said, i have to hand it to vcu, they recognized young's speed or lack thereof and 4 straight times down the floor they isolated whomever he was guarding for them to go one on one. i think they scored on all but one of those possessions and then rudy came out.

great moments though for young and nice for him to have a game like that he will be able to look back on later in life.

I dont think it was lack of speed (DY is very quick) but more just lack of defensive presence. JJ is our quickest guy and gets burned off the dribble more than anybody.

Happy for Mr. Young. Way to be prepared when the team needed you.

Nice game D. Young, if BS was your coach he would give you an unused scholarship; however, someday, you will be able

to say I played with Willie Reed, Kwamain Mitchell and other great members of the Billikens and the start of the great reversal of fortune for Billiken basketball and the year was 2010.

GOSLU

He had a great game for a walk on who hadn't scored yet this year. He showed the balls to attack the basket getting to the line both times and hitting all 3 of his f/t's. His touch from the line was very nice, good form and nice soft stroke.