Official Game Thread: SLU vs Vergina Commonwelf

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfair, Jimbo, KC's played well this year, especially on D. Not disappointed at all in this season since I had them going about 12-18. Let's look on the bright side... good young players with a ton of heart... good coach... good support. October will be here before you know it... and the Bills will be back.

caps is off, season's over...

i know, but his offensive production for so many minutes played is really subpar. if the whole team scored at his pace, we'd only average 36 points per game. he needs to become a zone buster or start dunking batskitballs. i'd love to see DE play right over him next year. i just don't see how a guy can start at this level if he can't get pissed off enough to chuck up at least one shot in the last game of the year. i mean a lot of people took and missed a lot of shots, but you know RM's going to eat his lunch about being a ***** out there tonight.

clean slate, loved this team this year. let's get 'em next year.

For all their effort, Cassity and Salecich were the weak links on this team. We need better talent at the 2 and 3 spots.

For all their effort, Cassity and Salecich were the weak links on this team. We need better talent at the 2 and 3 spots.

Give me a break.

They had terrible games, but to call them "weak links" is not accurate.

Hopefully McCall and Evans are awesome, but I don't see Kyle getting played over any time soon.

He needs that fire back that he had during the conference season and he will be alright.

Give me a break.

Hopefully McCall and Evans are awesome, but I don't see Kyle getting played over any time soon.

He needs that fire back that he had during the conference season and he will be alright.

Salecich can't shoot right now. But he played his ass off in a gutsy performance. He was one of the best freshman in the last decade if you look at minutes played and production.

KC had an awful game but he had a great year. For a sophomore, he showed an impressive amount of poise.

I am sure both of these guys will be back with gusto next year,

Give me a break.

How many opportunities does KC have to get before you realize KC is not the answer. You are so used to the talent we used to have here. If SLU is going to ever play in the NCAA tournament they need better players at the 2 and 3 positions. They can't win big with three scorers. When one is off offensively, from where will the help come? If big time ball takes recruiting over players, than it also means that a team has to have players who contribute more offensively when playing more than 30 minutes a game every game. KC is a valuable to the team but, if he plays next year like he did this year offensively, he needs to be a reserve. The same goes for Salecich. It will be a mistake in the long run if JS is asked to not return.

Maybe the Blls need to do the hand checks and grabs like VCU. They were mugged all night. In return, since they knew nothing was beig called, they should have joined in the fun. I really think they were tired but against these VCU type teams they play way too soft. I agree that they should try to get a series with VCU.

Salecich can't shoot right now. But he played his ass off in a gutsy performance. He was one of the best freshman in the last decade if you look at minutes played and production.

KC had an awful game but he had a great year. For a sophomore, he showed an impressive amount of poise.

I am sure both of these guys will be back with gusto next year,

But will they be back with point production?

How many opportunities does KC have to get before you realize KC is not the answer. You are so used to the talent we used to have here. If SLU is going to ever play in the NCAA tournament they need better players at the 2 and 3 positions. They can't win big with three scorers. When one is off offensively, from where will the help come? If big time ball takes recruiting over players, than it also means that a team has to have players who contribute more offensively when playing more than 30 minutes a game every game. KC is a valuable to the team but, if he plays next year like he did this year offensively, he needs to be a reserve. The same goes for Salecich. It will be a mistake in the long run if JS is asked to not return.

Why because Salecich and Cassity are white they are not talented? You ask any coach in the A-10 and I bet they take KC on their roster right away. Salecich scored 6.3 pints a game as a Freshman, Cassity did the same as a Sophomore. They will improve next year and hopefully will not play as many minutes but I still expect them to contribute significantly.

Right on target. We're not nearly athletic enough at the 2 and 3, and neither shoots well enough, or in Cassity's case, often enough to make up for their deficiencies. These guys would be great 10-15 minute/game role players on a Top 25 team, nothing more. I realize they're all we have now, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Evans take significant minutes away from one of them.

Has nothing to do with skin color. You have to have a two or three who can slash to the goal, and be a threat from outside. Neither could take their defender off the bounce, nor shoot well enough or often enough to stretch the defense.

But will they be back with point production?

Why wouldn't they be. Cassity averaged almost double digits in conference play. Salecich lost his jumper halfway through the year and still found ways to score. When Salecich gets his down over the summer and they both get in the weight room I expect them to be studs, along with a bunch of other players on the team.

I agree that 6 points a game each from your starting 2 and 3 is not good enough, but with the injuries to Reid and Femi and at the end Jordan, they have been called on to do too much. Ideally you don't want them getting 35 minutes or even more in a game, but some nights that haven't been many options. Kyle got much better from freshman to sophomore year and I expect Christian to also make a similar leap in improvement. Get the injured guys back next year, everybody gets a year older, add McCall and Evans to the mix, and the Bills will get more production next year at the 2 and 3. More match-up options and more fresh players due to better depth.

Why because Salecich and Cassity are white they are not talented? You ask any coach in the A-10 and I bet they take KC on their roster right away. Salecich scored 6.3 pints a game as a Freshman, Cassity did the same as a Sophomore. They will improve next year and hopefully will not play as many minutes but I still expect them to contribute significantly.

What does color have to do with anything? I believe most Billiken fans thought KC and CS would be better offensively. Especially KC. I still don't understand the color question? Why didn't you ask that question of the person who stated KC and CS were the weak links?

Right on target. We're not nearly athletic enough at the 2 and 3, and neither shoots well enough, or in Cassity's case, often enough to make up for their deficiencies. These guys would be great 10-15 minute/game role players on a Top 25 team, nothing more. I realize they're all we have now, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Evans take significant minutes away from one of them.

Has nothing to do with skin color. You have to have a two or three who can slash to the goal, and be a threat from outside. Neither could take their defender off the bounce, nor shoot well enough or often enough to stretch the defense.

Then explain to me how they are not athletic enough?

They were forced into roles not many FR and SOs are forced into. Fortunately, RM is the only one who has to make these decisions and he knows what he is doing.

With our 2 saviours coming in next year +FJ,JJ,PE & JR we should send CS home to OZ with a 1 way ticket no need for a weak link next season ,that would also open up a spot for RL .

While we are at it maybe we could ask KC to become a walk on so we have another free sholie.

You gotta hate those weak links .!!!!

I agree that 6 points a game each from your starting 2 and 3 is not good enough, but with the injuries to Reid and Femi and at the end Jordan, they have been called on to do too much. Ideally you don't want them getting 35 minutes or even more in a game, but some nights that haven't been many options. Kyle got much better from freshman to sophomore year and I expect Christian to also make a similar leap in improvement. Get the injured guys back next year, everybody gets a year older, add McCall and Evans to the mix, and the Bills will get more production next year at the 2 and 3. More match-up options and more fresh players due to better depth.

I agree with all you just stated. Evidently JJ was missing something coach RM demands. The same with Smith. Hopefully they will all return next year but, it is not likely if we are getting another recruit or two. Eveyone is thinking Loe but, Clyburn MAY also be signing.

No, I'm not USED to the talent that we had previously.

I look at the progression that Kyle made from his freshman to his sophomore year and I think he has real promise for next year.

So he played sparingly last year, progressed enormously throughout this year, and yet you write him off? I'll take my chances with KC.

Then explain to me how they are not athletic enough?

They were forced into roles not many FR and SOs are forced into. Fortunately, RM is the only one who has to make these decisions and he knows what he is doing.

If you're satisfied with NIT's and CBI's then Cassity and Salecich are your guys. They don't shoot well enough to make up for the fact that they can't blow by anybody off the dribble. They're nice, hard working players. However, you won't win championships with those two getting that many minutes.

caps is off, season's over...

i know, but his offensive production for so many minutes played is really subpar. if the whole team scored at his pace, we'd only average 36 points per game. he needs to become a zone buster or start dunking batskitballs. i'd love to see DE play right over him next year. i just don't see how a guy can start at this level if he can't get pissed off enough to chuck up at least one shot in the last game of the year. i mean a lot of people took and missed a lot of shots, but you know RM's going to eat his lunch about being a ***** out there tonight.

clean slate, loved this team this year. let's get 'em next year.

This isnt the NBA. the 4th and 5th scoring options in college basketball usually contribute about 6-9 points.

They are good at what they do and contribute when the can.

MSU who is in the final 4 has 4th and 5th options averaging 9 and 8 respectively.

WVU has 4th and 5th options at 9.1 and 6.4

Butler 10 and 6

Xavier 8 and 6.5

The Bills CS and KC averaged 6.4 and 6.0

Thats not a big difference. As long as those two continue to play good D grab a few boards, get a few assissts they are about average for the last options on offesne.

With our 2 saviours coming in next year +FJ,JJ,PE & JR we should send CS home to OZ with a 1 way ticket no need for a weak link next season ,that would also open up a spot for RL .

While we are at it maybe we could ask KC to become a walk on so we have another free sholie.

You gotta hate those weak links .!!!!

Enjoy the NIT or return trip to the CBI then. I hope they have great careers and show that I'm wrong. These eyes have observed a lot of basketball players over 50 years though, and I'll be surprised if they lead us to the Promised Land.

If you're satisfied with NIT's and CBI's then Cassity and Salecich are your guys. They don't shoot well enough to make up for the fact that they can't blow by anybody off the dribble. They're nice, hard working players. However, you won't win championships with those two getting that many minutes.

We'll have to disagree. People act like they are not going to improve at all. I'm not saying they are good enough now to start for a NCAA team, but I think they will be next year. Good size, good shooting ablity (haven't gotten there yet), good defense and good BBall IQs make them good.

I understand neither one of them is MJ, but could someone explain how they are not athletic, please?

Enjoy the NIT or return trip to the CBI then. I hope they have great careers and show that I'm wrong. These eyes have observed a lot of basketball players over 50 years though, and I'll be surprised if they lead us to the Promised Land.

They arent being asked to lead us to the promised land.

Mitchel, Reed, and Ellis are.

Guys like KC and CS are very important members to a good team and simply being asked to be role players.

IF the big 3 average 15 points a game each (very possible) that is already 45 points. That doesnt leave a lot of scoring to go around for the other 8 players.

Majerus plays a slow low scoring game. With three big scorers nobody else will average double digits.

No, I'm not USED to the talent that we had previously.

I look at the progression that Kyle made from his freshman to his sophomore year and I think he has real promise for next year.

So he played sparingly last year, progressed enormously throughout this year, and yet you write him off? I'll take my chances with KC.

I am not writing him off. I just think like billikenbill. He is a nice player. But unless he improves offensively, Slu will not win any championships with him playing 30 plus minutes a game. That would mean that MM is not yet ready to play D1 ball at the level we expect from him. I like KC. However, I am trying to be realistic. I am saying IF he DOES NOT improve. If he does than SLU will be the better for it. The same goes for Salecich. IF he does not improve offensively. Why is it so hard for SLU to come up with numerous accurate outside shooters?