OT: Missouri State wins CIT "event"

TheBand

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...21?OpenDocument

"Missouri State played its way to the championship with the help of a home court advantage over four games, which the school paid $31,500 per game to secure. The Bears previously beat Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech and Creighton.

Pacific reached the same point without the expense. The Tigers settled for road games and won at Loyola Marymount, Northern Colorado and Appalachian State to reach Springfield.

With three other postseason tournaments that include 113 teams, Missouri State and Pacific were theoretically vying for the honor of being the country's 114th best team."

Guest BillikenReport

Depending on the attendance tonight and whether or not a game is played on Friday, SLU has not reached its break-even point for what it cost to be in the CBI.

Depending on the attendance tonight and whether or not a game is played on Friday, SLU has not reached its break-even point for what it cost to be in the CBI.

I was told that if they made the finals then we broke even. Also, even if we did not break even, we do not have to pay anything because we can have what we owe taken out of our appearance fee in 2012.

I thought the people from the CBI said that even with the $60,000 game fee, no team should ultimately have to pay to be in the CBI.

See this thread http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18758

SLU may have not broken even, but I am wondering what had to pay to be in this if it was more than $60,000. We have had to of taken in more than $60k plus expenses for this thing.

I thought the people from the CBI said that even with the $60,000 game fee, no team should ultimately have to pay to be in the CBI.

See this thread http://www.billikens.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18758

SLU may have not broken even, but I am wondering what had to pay to be in this if it was more than $60,000. We have had to of taken in more than $60k plus expenses for this thing.

Even if we end up losing some nominal amount on this thing, I think it was worth it. The positives of all the guys getting more experience, exposure, etc. was worth it. The only real downside was the JJ injury as that will set him back this summer.

Oh I agree. A month more of practice, some post-season experience. These games were very good for the team (considering JJ comes back okay). I would just be a little surprised we didn't make a buck off them.

And if you really think about it. Being in the tourney in a couple of years will probably save us at least one "buy" game somewhere.

Oh I agree. A month more of practice, some post-season experience. These games were very good for the team (considering JJ comes back okay). I would just be a little surprised we didn't make a buck off them.

And if you really think about it. Being in the tourney in a couple of years will probably save us at least one "buy" game somewhere.

"In a couple years"? My expectations for 2010-11 are a top three in A-10 and a tourney berth. Barring injuries and a crappy OOC that would ding the RPI, we should be a tourney team next year. If we aren't, consider me disappointed.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...21?OpenDocument

With three other postseason tournaments that include 113 teams, Missouri State and Pacific were theoretically vying for the honor of being the country's 114th best team."

ive heard a lot of people joke about this with the CBI and the NIT also.

It really makes no sense to me.

Some butt ass teams get into the NCAA tourney for winning a ###### conference so that automatically makes them better than good teams that got left out?

Statements like that seem to take away the fact that it is still hard to win a tournament and leaves out how valuable the tournament experince is to the players.

(I know that it was the writer of the article who put that in not you theband ;) )

"With three other postseason tournaments that include 113 teams, Missouri State and Pacific were theoretically vying for the honor of being the country's 114th best team."

I despise this sentence and sentences like it. And it has nothing to do with MO State, a school and program I think about with near-0 frequency.

"In a couple years"? My expectations for 2010-11 are a top three in A-10 and a tourney berth. Barring injuries and a crappy OOC that would ding the RPI, we should be a tourney team next year. If we aren't, consider me disappointed.

He's talking about the non-conference portion of the season and the exempt tournament the Bills will be in.

What Luther Vandross song do they play when they cut down the CIT nets?

It's one they left on the cutting room floor. It's called: "One Dull Moment"

I'll have to drink a few more beers to help out.

Just so you know, the AD does not get any of the concession stand money or parking concessions - they all go to SLU. In fact the AD has to pay for the parking attendants, the security outside and the people working the concession stands even though they do not get any of the receipts.