Thank You Billikens.community

I have been meaning to post this for a while, so apologies for the delay. I thought with the loss a little good news was in order.

The Billikens.com fundraiser was an overwhelming success. We raised over $1000 from more donors than ever before. The goal was only $500, but this means that we should be able to comfortable move over to the server capacity that we will need as the site grows (and I thank users for their patience during growing pains).

After Roy's post, Donations poured in. We broke the $500 mark quickly online alone. Then checks kept hitting my mailbox. We were hovering in the mid-900s and I wanted to see if we would hit a $1000, which we did last week. Hopefully people don't mind me wanting to hit that mark.

My life is quite busy at the moment. I expect to redesign the site in July and move servers again then. The front page will get a new look, forum software will be upgraded (no major cost though), and I will try to more tightly integrate some features. Thanks to the Billikens.com community, we should definitely be good for a few years before another fundraiser is needed.

Billikens.com has been a great hobby of mine, and while the Metz's of the world can make it a chore at times, I am proud of the community we have here.

Thanks to everyone for their generosity, and lets go win the next two!