OT: Women's Division 1 or Men's Division 2

What would you rather watch? I'm attempting to watch this Division 2 basketball game and it is just awful. I am voting for Women's Division 1 Bball.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Men's division 2, man.

I would rather watch elementary school boys basketball than womens' basketball ANY day. Womens' basketball is unwatchable.

I don't know which games you have watched, but women's basketball is as close to true baskelball as you will find. Baylor's center had ten blocks against one of the top teams in women's basketball. It was a very entertaining game. You guys who down the women's game are like the guys who play co-ed softball and jump in front of balls that are hit to the female players. I have officiated women players who were a LOT better than many male players.

I would rather watch Rick Majerus take a Sh!t than watch a women's game (unless its the Championship...and it's Tennessee v. UConn...and i see on the bottom line that there are less than 10 minutes left....and the game is super close)

The same goes for Division 2...

The same goes for Bill Self on CBS as an analyst....or a Duke blowout

Women's basketball does not interest me. Unless it was SLU wbball on TV then I would watch. I've watched DII and even NAIA championships before. The other day I watched SEC swimming tournament. In Germany I even watched professional darts on Eurosport and Sumo. I would prefer all those to Women's BBall.

You guys who down the women's game are like the guys who play co-ed softball and jump in front of balls that are hit to the female players.

HAHAHAHA. You are exactly right! I would and have done that! I've got the better fielding percentage and the better arm! It's all about winning, so I'm gonna do what I can to help my team win!

I don't know which games you have watched, but women's basketball is as close to true baskelball as you will find. Baylor's center had ten blocks against one of the top teams in women's basketball. It was a very entertaining game. You guys who down the women's game are like the guys who play co-ed softball and jump in front of balls that are hit to the female players. I have officiated women players who were a LOT better than many male players.

The women'sgame isn't what it used to be. As the athletism has improved the fundamentals have dropped. In fact the fundamentals in the men's game are much better now than in the women's game. There are just too many women's team playing basketball and not enough players. Certain teams that you see all the time on ESPN play the game great, but they are few and far between. The women's game doesn't have much outside of ten teams.

I admire women who want to play basketball for the effort and commitment they have to give to play at the college level. I don't want to actually watch them play though.

The women'sgame isn't what it used to be. As the athletism has improved the fundamentals have dropped. In fact the fundamentals in the men's game are much better now than in the women's game. There are just too many women's team playing basketball and not enough players. Certain teams that you see all the time on ESPN play the game great, but they are few and far between. The women's game doesn't have much outside of ten teams.

I think in two of our home games turning the ball over or lifting it instead of dribbling was called.

Some of the NCAA Tournament point guards do it on every dribble-it gives an unfair advantage to the dribbler if he is going to carry and push the ball in directions not possible with a true dribble and I wish they would come down on that and of course I hate the NBA continuation moves

I think in two of our home games turning the ball over or lifting it instead of dribbling was called.

Some of the NCAA Tournament point guards do it on every dribble-it gives an unfair advantage to the dribbler if he is going to carry and push the ball in directions not possible with a true dribble and I wish they would come down on that and of course I hate the NBA continuation moves

As long as you keep your hand on the top HALF of the ball, you're fine. What you're suggesting would make it impossible to cross over from one hand to the other or dribble forward with the ball.

As long as you keep your hand on the top HALF of the ball, you're fine. What you're suggesting would make it impossible to cross over from one hand to the other or dribble forward with the ball.

I know what I mean; lifting from the bottom- unless you palm the ball lifting is pretty hard to accomplish from the top.

What I said was we need to keep people using a true dribble and yes that will eliminate or restrict some moves; but not moving forward backward or

to either side- that has always been possible you can manuever the ball from the top half; some crossover moves are illegal because you do carry the ball

I'd rather watch a first-round Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament men's game than a UCONN vs. Tennessee women's game.

I'm the same way. As someone else said, there's just not enough players. Once you get out of the top 10 programs (Duke, Tenn, UConn) there's not a lot... They could probably down size their tourney to 32 teams with little effect.

I'd rather watch a first-round Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament men's game than a UCONN vs. Tennessee women's game.

+5 (and I have a sister who played for the top team in the state at the time and a daughter who will probably play someday)

Womens sports are great, but the US government forces the college level market, messes up a lot of things with Title IX.

Title IX comes at the mens expense, they have to cut programs since women do not play football, wrestle, and few play hockey.

It is all about the formula, the methodology.

They should modify it so that mens sports do not suffer, but no congressman would dare bring it up or he would be demonized as a sexist.

I have had direct experience with this, have talked to several D1 coaches & AD's who candidly agree 100% but would not dare state it publicly. Yes, womens scholarships but change the looney formula.

A lot of big time schools, BCS included no longer offer mens scholarships for sports like soccer, baseball, wrestling, track, cross country, etc, because it would violate the percentages and numbers set by the governement.

UCLA mens swimming, where more mens Olympic gold medals have come from than anywhere else = gone.

And do not say you approve of Title IX "because you have a daughter or a girlfriend". That is like me saying I do not approve of the death penalty because my brother killed 13 people.

Understand, please, before you go into a rage: :lol:

• I AGREE that there should be plentiful scholarships for womens sports.

• I do NOT AGREE that the percentages and quotas currently imposed should result in schools withdrawing mens scholarships as they do.

I know what I mean; lifting from the bottom- unless you palm the ball lifting is pretty hard to accomplish from the top.

What I said was we need to keep people using a true dribble and yes that will eliminate or restrict some moves; but not moving forward backward or

to either side- that has always been possible you can manuever the ball from the top half; some crossover moves are illegal because you do carry the ball

only a really bad crossover

Womens sports are great, but the US government forces the college level market, messes up a lot of things with Title IX.

Title IX comes at the mens expense, they have to cut programs since women do not play football, wrestle, and few play hockey.

It is all about the formula, the methodology.

They should modify it so that mens sports do not suffer, but no congressman would dare bring it up or he would be demonized as a sexist.

I have had direct experience with this, have talked to several D1 coaches & AD's who candidly agree 100% but would not dare state it publicly. Yes, womens scholarships but change the looney formula.

A lot of big time schools, BCS included no longer offer mens scholarships for sports like soccer, baseball, wrestling, track, cross country, etc, because it would violate the percentages and numbers set by the governement.

UCLA mens swimming, where more mens Olympic gold medals have come from than anywhere else = gone.

And do not say you approve of Title IX "because you have a daughter or a girlfriend". That is like me saying I do not approve of the death penalty because my brother killed 13 people.

Understand, please, before you go into a rage: :rolleyes:

• I AGREE that there should be plentiful scholarships for womens sports.

• I do NOT AGREE that the percentages and quotas currently imposed should result in schools withdrawing mens scholarships as they do.

If any part of the school is funded using taxpayer money, the scholarships should be equal. It's pretty simple.

If any part of the school is funded using taxpayer money, the scholarships should be equal. It's pretty simple.

I do not know what you mean, if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing. :rolleyes:

The big issue if you throw away the "formulas" is simple, women do not play football (and lesser issue do not wrestle).

So basically you have to take away about 80 mens scholarships from non revenue mens sports, give or take.

So BCS schools then decide if they want to have mens scholarships for baseball, socceer, lacrosse, track / cross country, swimming, sports like that... then the ones that get left out, they use all walk-ons. Or completely eliminate the team, as pre my example UCLA mens swimming, Vanderbildt track and field and so on. A lot of big BCS schools have mens walk on teams for track, baseball, etc, depends upon their preferences.

I do not know what you mean, if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing. :rolleyes:

The big issue if you throw away the "formulas" is simple, women do not play football (and lesser issue do not wrestle).

So basically you have to take away about 80 mens scholarships from non revenue mens sports, give or take.

So BCS schools then decide if they want to have mens scholarships for baseball, socceer, lacrosse, track / cross country, swimming, sports like that... then the ones that get left out, they use all walk-ons. Or completely eliminate the team, as pre my example UCLA mens swimming, Vanderbildt track and field and so on. A lot of big BCS schools have mens walk on teams for track, baseball, etc, depends upon their preferences.

I feel bad that a lot of men's sports have been cut at a lot of schools, but the rule has been in place for quite some time now, and it's the price programs pay when they want to have football. I have a hard time feeling sorry for complaining programs when they've had this many years to adjust.